• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power Supplements (protein n more) protein test results

I have received a reply and they are looking into the situation. I have been offered a refund which i have declined until further information about the situation comes to light.

I would highly advise that anyone with protein from these guys have it tested and email the test results through to them.

Mate would take the refund while the taking is there. This could drag out for ages.

Wonder who blends the protein for Power Supplements also known as Protein 'n' More??

Taken off their website -

Power Supplements is the manufacturer of Muscle Pump and Power Nutrients products.

We have our own fully licensed Dairy processing facility in Sydney where we blend/flavour and package all of our great tasting products

Taken off their website -

Power Supplements is the manufacturer of Muscle Pump and Power Nutrients products.

We have our own fully licensed Dairy processing facility in Sydney where we blend/flavour and package all of our great tasting products

mmm intersting??

:rolleyes:

Do you not want a refund?

Will they only refund with test results provided?

Mate would take the refund while the taking is there. This could drag out for ages.

Wonder who blends the protein for Power Supplements also known as Protein 'n' More??

i was a bit annoyed at the response i got but now that ive realised that i have no decent protein to use so i emailed them this morning and requested the refund which has been accepted. im happy to take the refund and take this as a lesson learnt that you really do get what you pay for

I have a test kit here, but not 100% sure on how to use it.

How much powder to how many ml's?

Last edited:
Something to note for those using a different Reagents. The concentration levels of Reagent may differ from one source to another.

We've standardised our tests based on the one source of Reagent.

In Sticky's case here, you will need to standardise your own tests using carbs as we did.

We simply used our pure WPI, got a reading of black then worked out with the use of Dextrose, that 200mg was needed to cause a reaction (20%). A reaction is the point where a colour black starts to lighten up.

You will need to find your reaction point before then testing a suspected cut protein.

Interesting!
Power protein gives you hard results as you want its increase your weight training power and strong your muscle,
I wish i can use these supplements in m training.

Post is a bit late.. I use to work for these dodgy peeps up until a few weeks ago when myself and other workers were framed and sacked and used as scape goats for the poor management and liquidation of the company.

Anyway if you want your money "he" as in Gary Vella and Richard Gavan the 'directors' have opened up a new company under this name nutritionscience dot com dot au (wasn't sure if I was allowed to put the website), its registered in his mums name to avoid lawsuits and being investigated further.

Contact them to try recover your money as well for crappy product. Oh and these practices are still ongoing at the new place.

Cutting protein down with maltodextrin was not the only thing they did, this same method was used with L-Glutamine and so fourth...

WPC sent as WPI etc.. sometimes it was not protein at all.

Invest your hard earned money into bigger trusted companies, even then proceed with caution and still scrutinize your products.

Post is a bit late.. I use to work for these dodgy peeps up until a few weeks ago when myself and other workers were framed and sacked and used as scape goats for the poor management and liquidation of the company.

Anyway if you want your money "he" as in Gary Vella and Richard Gavan the 'directors' have opened up a new company under this name nutritionscience dot com dot au (wasn't sure if I was allowed to put the website), its registered in his mums name to avoid lawsuits and being investigated further.

Contact them to try recover your money as well for crappy product. Oh and these practices are still ongoing at the new place.

Cutting protein down with maltodextrin was not the only thing they did, this same method was used with L-Glutamine and so fourth...

WPC sent as WPI etc.. sometimes it was not protein at all.

Invest your hard earned money into bigger trusted companies, even then proceed with caution and still scrutinize your products.

Quoted for reference.

How long did you know about this all for ?

Had 4 samples tested from these guys. Two wpcs, a wpi and a casein ranging from 12/7/2012 - 2/12/2012. Results range from 38% - 53%.

Did the microwave test on these prior, and the protein that tested 53% only barely turned brown. The others noticeably turned brown.

Had 4 samples tested from these guys. Two wpcs, a wpi and a casein ranging from 12/7/2012 - 2/12/2012. Results range from 38% - 53%.

Did the microwave test on these prior, and the protein that tested 53% only barely turned brown. The others noticeably turned brown.

Report to the ACCC and the NSW Food Authority and make a change to the industry.
An email will not take too long to attach your lab results and send away (if you haven't done so already).

Ridiculous.

ACCC: jay.lewis@accc.gov.au

NSW Food Authority:
alan.edwards@foodauthority.nsw.gov.au