• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power Supplements (protein n more) protein test results

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
so like Big Mick ive been doing some tests on a batch of protein this time from Power Supplements also known as Protein 'n' More. The tests were run on 3 batches of flavoured WPC purchased almost a year ago now and amounts were 1g of protein powder measured on digital scales

Please excuse the poor quality photos from my iphone but if anyone disputes the results im more than happy to redo them with better quality photos/video.

I have emailed the company in question but have not yet received a response. I also am not associated with any protein supplier or producer, im just another consumer who had a hunch his protein wasnt what it claimed to be.

Banana WPC:

I ran out of test kits so couldnt test my a fourth bag of choc PB but i hardly think the results would have been any better.

also just to confirm the expiry date on these bags is 27/8/13 and they were purchased almost a year ago.

So by Protein n More I'm guessing the More refers to an exceptional amount of crap added to it...

I really hope these companies lose more than their customers, they cannot be trusted to sell to anyone...

Thanks for posting that, [MENTION=2638]CaT_SPeW[/MENTION].

Not many (major players) to go now...

If nothing else - Protein-Gate has made 'lil chemists out of a lot of bb'ers :)

I thought that even before Proteingate, there were quite a few bodybuilders who chemists or pretending they were....isnt that what the IFBB and NABBA were for????:p

I am quite certain that orange = about 1.5-2% reducing sugars out of the total volume.

Which is consistent with the label of 80% right?

Just how dosed does a sample have to be to change colour? Can an 80% protein sample still go orange? If so you still get what youre paying for.

Which is consistent with the label of 80% right?

Just how dosed does a sample have to be to change colour? Can an 80% protein sample still go orange? If so you still get what youre paying for.

For those that have backed up their testing kit results with a lab test, will find that a distinctive orange colour matches a lab test result in the region of 30-40% protein.

I thought that even before Proteingate, there were quite a few bodybuilders who chemists or pretending they were....isnt that what the IFBB and NABBA were for????:p

True dat mate... been studying up on my farmac... pharmakol... medcines as well :eek: :p