• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

panda

Some of you guys are progressing great, so I'm hoping for some advice.
I need a new program, general strength and some hypertrophy. I'm not a powerlifter or anything obviously.

Currently cutting for the next couple months and doing full body while I figure out what to do.
Stats:
Squat 180
Bench 110
Dead 200
Ohp 80

Thanks

I'm a pro bodybuilder.

What equipment do have available to you?
how long have you been lifting?
How old are you?
Do you just want to look good (vanity) impress people or playing a sport you want to do better in?
Do you like watching power-lifting or bodybuilding?
are you already muscular?

No you're not, I lurk here everyday.
What ever equipment I need is available
Does age matter? 25
Mostly strength, hence posting in this section, everybody wants to look good too though. No sports, run a few times a week plus hiit.
I'd compete in powerlifting if I ever got to a decent strength for my weight, 112kg.
Don't think I'm muscular, too fat to tell.

How tall are you?
How fat?
What have you been doing up til now? Like say the last 3 months of your lifting.

@Oni; is often looking for guinea pigs.

Need videos
Programming is not the answer

I remember when I first started, I thought the answer was the fancy program or some secret exercise
It's movement

Powerlifting is essentially just getting better at cheating
I don't think I've got any stronger in well over a year, truthfully.
I just get better at using equipment, getting tight, bracing, breathing, technique and movement

I'll probably squat 270kg at ProRaw 8 just by doing this
The main thing you need to remember is that proximal stability = distal mobility
This means that the mobility of your extremities is based on your midsection strength

Hip mobility is a great example
Put your foot on the floor and bend your knee forwards over your foot. Look from above and take note of where the knee is over in relation to the foot
Now, grip the floor with your feet, like you're a fucking eagle. Three points of contact, the big toe, the heel and the little toe. Force that arch in hard
Do the above test again. You'll now see that the knee is WELL OUTSIDE the foot- where we need it on squats or pulls

Realistically, you should squat more than you deadlift or close to it. If there is a large gap then you're probably not bracing, breathing correctly, shitty technique etc
The Thomas test is great for testing hip mobility, lay on a bench and have your legs dangling off at the knees.
Have someone lift your knee up, you should be able to touch your chest without the other legs knee coming off the bench
Then, bend the leg at 90 degrees and test internal and external rotation

Next, do a plank.
Tense the glutes as hard as you can, draw your ribcage in and flex your abs hard
20-30 seconds is enough, do not slouch. It should be a maximum voluntary contraction none of this going for time horseshit
Retest. Take note of the significant improvement in mobility. You activated the core and suddenly it created stability and the mobility of the hips increased

Until you actually learn to move correctly, it's really pointless doing anything other than sets of 2-3 reps with 75-85% practising bracing / breathing / technique and then some hypertrophy work with other exercises afterwards

Last edited by a moderator:
How tall are you?
How fat?
What have you been doing up til now? Like say the last 3 months of your lifting.

@Oni; is often looking for guinea pigs.

Around 190cm, 112kg, last couple months full body, before that 5/3/1

@Oni; mobility and form are fine, I was after suggestions on what programs have worked for you guys.

I like 5/3/1, but do what you like, a good program is one you can stick to, something you enjoy doing.

I like 5/3/1 as well but it didn't work well for me for some reason, might have been not enough frequency. But I'm not smart enough to figure out my own programming yet haha

Its probably not enough volume....its fuck all if just followed to the T. Doing it all twice per week has help a few guys.

"......grip the floor with your feet like a fucking eagle"

that gave me a good laugh [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION];

Around 190cm, 112kg, last couple months full body, before that 5/3/1

@Oni; mobility and form are fine, I was after suggestions on what programs have worked for you guys.

I guarantee that your mobility and form are not fine
Post a video

Push pull legs is always a go to for hypertrophy for me. Seems to hit the body parts just enough for me

Push pull legs is always a go to for hypertrophy for me. Seems to hit the body parts just enough for me

Was thinking of something like that twice a week. No idea how to program it though, any good sources for that type of stuff?