• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Chisholm, not bad. Looks like your front squat's pretty close behind your backsquat, which I'm told is good for olympic style lifting.

Yep I back squat Olympic style (140kg training max at the moment), so 85% of that @120kg front squat is about right on what's generally expected.

I do the oly lifts a bit for fun/variety lifts but am pretty poor at them. However I really enjoy oly style squatting so I continue to train that way haha...

Put it this way: if I could get away with just testing for 1RM (with squats) forever, I would for sure! :D But no, I know that's not a good idea, suffice it.

Haven't gone beyond 10 reps (squatting), so far.* Not looking forward to when/if I do, either...

* Usually for for 3-5, actually.

Oh, I hear that. I think the cardiovascular component is a big one when the reps get higher on squats. Repping out squats is a hard can of worms. I remember when I was first getting into proper squats below parallel, I could do 60-70kg x5 without any hassles....I attempted 20 reps with just the barbell, and by the end of the set I felt more cardiovascular duress than I had from anything else over the past couple of years.

Great squatting there Ryan!

My record for high rep squats is 60kgx161. Took 9mins. A little while back coming back from injury I was doing 100rep sets. Got up to 70kg. I think the legs may get used to it after a while but that was some sort of DOMS which I hadn't experienced in a while!

PTC Deadlift comp last Saturday. 15kg PB from 220kg on NYE. HAPPY!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndSaBjpgrCA]235 kg deadlift at 84kg - YouTube[/ame]

This week's training PBs@81-82kg:

- Olympic squat 142.5kg - booyah! Missed it at a comp last year and in training, so a bit of a mental barrier.

- Olympic front squat - 105kg x 3

- Paused Bench - 105kg

- Incline Bench - 92.5kg

Doubled my national record today
Bench Press 57.5kg x 2 @ 56.6kg body weight this was the second set of 57.5kg 3 x 2
[Youtube]ZIn-jobFa9Y[/Youtube]

Today I paused the record I'm going for at Nationals. Would like to clear the record by 2.5kg minimum :D yay!

NICE Kaz!! When is nationals? (Excuse my ignorance)

I forgot to post this up the other day but hit 4 sets x 12 hanging leg raises - trying to work my way up to sets of 20...

Yeah I just have a 4 week holiday in there and I'm not sure what gym equipment is going to be around, hopefully won't lose too much strength!
Thanks Mackie :)
And good work on your hanging raises also :thumbup:

Thanks Kaz - Ill get there - realistically prob 2-3 months away id say..

Oh well enjoy your hoilday hopefully they have some equipment there and you can retain as much strength as possible ;)