• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Benched 140 kg today for new PB.

Followed by incline DB bench press: 45 kgs x 8 (which is a rep PB for me)

Congrats guys on the new PB's, especially on squats (that I find the hardest).

Heh. I once hated squats. Now I like them alot...all of a sudden the strength is moving in the right direction.

Wrapping again from next week. Should be fun.

Tim.

Yeah, its a great feeling when you are over it, your thighs are burning and you have a satisfying feeling that you worked hard.

I just figured out the fact that my lower back is my weakest point; from now on I will be focusing on that one to bring up my squat and dl performance to a more reasonable level (matching up with my bench performance).

5x5 of 140kg beltless deadlifts. New 1rm coming very soon hopefully.

140kg was once upon a time my 1rm so today to make it a 5RM with no belt felt pretty good.

Good stuff mate!

You going to be running triples soon?

You'd be good for 160 I reckon. Probably more.

Tim.

Thanks mate :)

I do triples on Saturdays usually, 5x5 during the week.

That's what I thought, I think I'd be good for 160 now. On a good day probably more. The aim is 170 in May, then 4 wheels a side by the end of the year, no belt, BW 75kg or less.

Should be right for 180 this year. No doubt at all.

Come and do a novice comp. :p

Also, im training this friday arvo round 630. Keen?

Tim.

Will see how it pans out. If everything goes according to plan I feel like its well within reach.

Can't do this week sorry mate, have a BBQ to go to with friends that are over from Perth.

RE: Novice comp... The thought has crossed my mind.

Pulled 160 - no belt. Just at a shop testing out some equipment. Felt easy - probably could have doubled it.

Ha ha not exactly [MENTION=1719]whitty[/MENTION]; as amusing as that would have been.

I was down at a supplier in botany having a look at a barbell and some bumpers and just wanted to test it out while I was there.

after months getting stuck finally got my bench moving upwards
80kg x 5 paused rep bench press

Nothing more satisfying than when you start busting through a plateau! Good stuff mate.

high bar pause squat 130kgx5x5. The PB was the one I held for 10 seconds.

Nice mate! thats a good amount of pause for that weight! A freaking good ab workout right there!

Pb close grip bench this arvo: 90x6 with 1 in the tank. Probably could have done it previously....but never did, and now I have!

Tim.

Sure was. In all honesty, I was being a bit of a smart arse haha. I was training at the other part of commercial gym I work at when a whole class of Fit College people came in to do some stuff. Most are 19-22 ish I'd say and acting like high school kids. They be 'mirin LOL

Today was second time in briefs plus suit. Had straps down as they are loose as fark at the moment anyway.

Straps down 227.5kgx1 (briefs) - YouTube

Front squat 97.5x6@9(one in the tank).

Im expecting more flooding of this thread in the coming weeks/months while I maintain my bodyweight, then shift into a slight surplus.

Tim.