• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Few random PB's this week...

Hit 98kg x 5 on Bench for a 5RM PB. Micro loading with a weekly progression so shooting for 99kg next week.

Then 120kg x 3 Front Squat for a 3RM. Haven't lifted more than 100kg previously, but given I wrecked my elbow last week pushing my Back Squat, I'm not left with much choice while I rest up the tendons.

Micro loading with a weekly progression so shooting for 99kg next week.

Micro loading..... DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHH!

Get ready to have some 'knowledge' dropped on ya.

Finally broke the 600lb deadlift barrier buy a little.....and ticked off another goal.

285kg/628lb Deadlift

[MENTION=12962]ink81[/MENTION] Awesome deadlift! Interesting to watch -- the struggle is clear, but it's also a fast lift.

@%1; Good job! I'm looking forward to achieving that, myself. For me it's 7.5kg to go.

Yesterday I benched 3x5x86kg, which is a little 1kg PB.

Bench pb. All paused. Ipf spec...so feet flat, head on bench etc. 110x6@9. Wasnt hard...no psyched up lol. E1rm = 135 on that set...which is comforting!

@ink81 Awesome deadlift! Interesting to watch -- the struggle is clear, but it's also a fast lift.

crf529 Good job! I'm looking forward to achieving that, myself. For me it's 7.5kg to go.

Yesterday I benched 3x5x86kg, which is a little 1kg PB.

Cheers mate, I'm very slow off the floor but once it breaks I gain momentum....prob due to lack of leg size/strength.

280kg Squat PB 1 week out from ProRaw where I'll try my best not to come last.....

What gym is thid mate? The huge Josh Tait a training partner? That would get you motivated haha.

You won't believe it but it's Snap Fitness Mackay.....the owner has been very generous and cooperative with myself and I think we've built a solid foundation so far. We'll be holding GPC comps in the future, first being Push/Pull in December then Nationals qualifiers next year for anyone in the central/nth qld region.

Yeah Josh moved up here few months ago for work, has been excellent training with him. Push's me hard, great support, great motivation watching him lift too.

You won't believe it but it's Snap Fitness Mackay.....the owner has been very generous and cooperative with myself and I think we've built a solid foundation so far. We'll be holding GPC comps in the future, first being Push/Pull in December then Nationals qualifiers next year for anyone in the central/nth qld region.

Yeah Josh moved up here few months ago for work, has been excellent training with him. Push's me hard, great support, great motivation watching him lift too.
Man thats awesome, now you mention it i do remember markos talking about that gym a while back. Setting a great example for those sorts of outfits. Hopefully others might follow suit, atleast in terms of general equipment.
Having that mono and the calibrated plates there is massive.
Hows Josh's training coming along? He seemed super motivated to push on harder than ever in order to beat big Ryhss Keane at proraw...

Man thats awesome, now you mention it i do remember markos talking about that gym a while back. Setting a great example for those sorts of outfits. Hopefully others might follow suit, atleast in terms of general equipment.
Having that mono and the calibrated plates there is massive.
Hows Josh's training coming along? He seemed super motivated to push on harder than ever in order to beat big Ryhss Keane at proraw...

The Mono is rediculous.....godsend.....powerlifting is growing at a very fast rate in Oz atm so it'd be awesome to see more gyms kitting out like this one.

Josh has been battling lower back/hip issues so I think he's pulled out of PR7 and focusing on next year. Saying that I've seen him still squat/dead 300+ and bench 235 paused singles twice with not much struggle.