• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To Fish Oil or Not to Fish Oil....Great Medicine or Expensive Placebo?

i take 3x blackmore triplestrength a day. It has triple the epa/dha content than the normal one apparently.

Ive not had any side affects, nor can i tell if its providing anything positive. Its cheap and has so much positive info online that may as well jump onto it.

Just to be contrary, I've now decided (after a bit more research, actually) that just plain ol' eating fish - like salmon - 2-3 times a week (per typical heart health recommendations, etc.) is how I'm going to "supplement fish oil" from now on. And for my Vitamin D3 fix, I'll get out in the damn sun s'more, lol.

Ha! :D

Im thinking of just eating fish too if it's 3 serves per week I can fit that in!!

so many simple good ways to cook salmon and tuna... I have a easy salmon dish that actually tastes better if made ahead and eaten cold too.

Plus if you are going to have it only sometimes, and you want to have some tinned tuna, you may as well get the good stuff.

My picks are Calippo (in glass jars preferably, awesome) and
Cuca (Ventresca or Bonito del Norde)

plus side for the animal lover/environmentalist is that both companies are very big on sustainable fishing and good practices (low mercury levels, no hurting the dolphins, etc etc :))

No, serious we like our flathead.

It's all we eat when we are at the caravan at Tathra, that and oysters.

Flathead. Rats of the sea, i usually throw them back when we go fishing. King George whiting if you want nice tasting fish.

I'm only on 2gram a day but no sides.

Im thinking dosage works different for everyone. 1-2g seems to suit me with some Nausea.

I can't believe some people take 12+ a day! That would be Xenical days all over again!