• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Triceps

Sorry but this just sounds like a bunch of 15 yo kids hanging around the gym.

As I said, I've felt fatigue and I've felt lactic build up, but I seriously have no idea what you blokes are talking about and why I'd what to try and get it.

Then leave

Sheesh

There is a guy in my gym that reads the newspaper between his sets
I'll try and get a photo next time I see him

Muscular pumping to the point where the fluids going in to the muscle faster than they can leave has no value to stimulating growth, using a lightish weight and doing lots of reps will get you this, can't be done with multi joint exercises.

I felt a pretty damn good quad pump after doing 60kgx155 squats :p (injury recovery time and wasn't allowed heavier)

Skull crushers and tricep press downs are what I do.

There is a guy in my gym that reads the newspaper between his sets
I'll try and get a photo next time I see him

Thats nothing compared to seeing a father straddling his son hahah you wouldnt belev it unless you seen it ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390819892.311236.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390819932.500255.jpg

Ive done and seen some weird shit in my life, never have i seen this and never will i ever let my dad straddle me hahah

[MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; how often do you directly work triceps?

OK, quick breakdown.
Train 4x a week. Bench every session.
Two of these sessions I do triceps isolations, 5x10
The other two I do dips, 5x6
Chest flies every session (5x10), but sometimes incline bench (6x3)

OK, quick breakdown.
Train 4x a week. Bench every session.
Two of these sessions I do triceps isolations, 5x10
The other two I do dips, 5x6
Chest flies every session (5x10), but sometimes incline bench (6x3)

I realise you train like this for competition but working triceps four times a week is not conducive for muscle growth.
What do you think?

The isolations are just for the pump
I have to bench 4x a week, there is no way around this but this is never to muscular failure
So it's really just the dips that hit it hard. Along with 1 of the bench sessions were I do a pyramid

So really I am just lifting heavy for a few sets then pumping, 4x a week. It seems to be working I guess
But I kind of think the training that gets my close grip and reverse grip poundage up the most will equal the best hypertrophy. If I am benching 180kg I don't see how I can have small triceps. I guess I am sort of hoping the growth will happen "accidentally" just getting stronger and having the blood flowing through it

I realise you train like this for competition but working triceps four times a week is not conducive for muscle growth.

What do you think?

I aint Oni, but i reckon it could be depending on rep range, people like chad waterbury (hypertrophy dude) love the high frequency method to build muscle even got a program focusing on cycles of muscle groups called HFT

What do you think?

Yeah, if you're not adding Kg's to the bar per workout.

If you are you're a friggn savage.

If not, you're a bit of a tool.