• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yes, it is not perfect. Union is very big in a few countries including NZ, France, UK and South Africa.

It's not exciting as a spectator sport, unless you lift yourself and thus understand the movements and the process.
Most people wouldn't know what is impressive and what is normal.

E.g. tell someone who doesn't lift that you squatted 100kg and their response will be the same as if you tell them you squat 300kg..

Also the live streams and broadcasts could use improvement, most live sports have the score on the screen constantly and you can see/hope for the progress.
IPF stream flashes up the lifter details, flashes up the weight, but during the lift and the replay information is lacking

You have to open a computer/internet screen on a computer/tablet to be able to track the score or keep an eye on the attempts/lifters which leaves this to be enjoyed only by those dedicated enough to setup watching the stream like that. Me personally I just hit Play, then connect to Chromecast and watch the TV. Too busy multitasking to lookup scores

I love to watch Weightlifting but find Powerlifting a bit boring to watch ........... unless Woody is lifting!

weightlifting much better to watch, i mean compare a sumo deadlift to clean and jerk.

Sumo dead isn't bad compared to a bench with a massive arch and 2inch range of motion.

This is where strongman has it over the other strength sports. It's actually entertaining and non lifters will sit down and watch tv with people picking up massive stones and cars and shit like that.

Sumo dead isn't bad compared to a bench with a massive arch and 2inch range of motion.

This is where strongman has it over the other strength sports. It's actually entertaining and non lifters will sit down and watch tv with people picking up massive stones and cars and shit like that.

Best part about Strongman is that my wife won't constantly ask me "Do you reckon he's natural?", because we know already the answer :D

Worst part is it takes bloody forever to see the footage released :(

why is powerlifting not more popular?

From my perspective, that is from the way I view powerlifting, my main issue with that sport is that it is comprised of way too many organisations, each with its own unique rules and regulations.

I do understand and full appreciate that the same exact reason I've put forth above, a reason that is perceived by me as some sort of an obstacle, may very well be viewed by another person as a favourable thing to have. Perhaps I am biased because of my own background as an Olympic weightlifter, where there is to be found but one federation.

Of course, each member of the public has their own sporting preference for reasons only known to themselves. The above was but my own reasoning based on Chris's searching question.