• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

1 month cut.

bradsky

do I even lift?
Ok, I have decided to do a January cut, for the following reasons.

• I want to be able to bulk from a low bodyfat percentage.
  • It's summer, and I don't want to look too chubby.
  • It has been a while since I have showed any discipline with my diet.
  • because I need a challenge.

I am going to check in and post my results.

I am currently 82kg and 12 - 13% bodyfat, (Jackson/pollock pinch test)

At this stage I am aiming for >2500 calories per day. with around 200g protein. (roughly).

I might eat even less, I just want to see how I go over a month, I expect to get down to 76-77kg, but who knows.

the purpose of this thread is for accountability.

comments questions welcome.

Last edited:
Good work!
I just came out of a 4 week cut (just short of), makes it easy to focus when it's only 4 weeks.
Will be checking in :)

Good work!
I just came out of a 4 week cut (just short of), makes it easy to focus when it's only 4 weeks.
Will be checking in :)

yer 1 month is easy, I hope :S

I like the idea of cutting straight off the bat. I'm looking to do pretty much the same. Good luck mate.

If muscle memory exists, cutting straight up is a good Idea, you might lose a bit of muscle, but it shouldn't be too hard to get back.

what amount of carbs per day are you aiming for?

To be honest I really don't care,

I have been eating more fats and less carbs for a while now.

I have every intention (at this stage) of tracking macros. So I will post a few typical days here and there, maybe every day if I'm keen.

this is what I'll be aiming for each day.

dietx.jpg

Day 1,

On the piss last night, so I was a bit dehydrated this morning, weighed in at 81kg.

Fried breakfast and a counter meal lunch with a schooner had me sitting at just under 2000 cal before 2pm. and I am going to fall short on protein for the day,

The only thing I can consume for the rest of the day is 2 protein shakes,

That'll learn me.

calorie total = 2,298

carbs = 173g fat = 93g Protein = 165g

gym in the morning.

Nice start Bradsky.... horrible time of the year to start a cut. I'm waiting till the 7th January. Good luck mate.

Nice start Bradsky.... horrible time of the year to start a cut. I'm waiting till the 7th January. Good luck mate.

Yer, I start back at work on Monday so its not too bad

Day 2

I'm doubt I'll log every day but anyway.

Weight 80kg (probably losing my water weight)

Trained hard, felt good.

Calories = 2,267

carbs = 179g fat = 87g Protein = 187g

need to look at ramping up the protein intake slightly, but so far so good.

But I am hungry :(

Last edited:
Mate am sub'd, just about to start my first ever cut, so good to use you as motivation if I suck at it... I'm a little lighter than you but also fatter than you (17% bf). I'll try to hold you accountable if you're struggling.

Mate am sub'd, just about to start my first ever cut, so good to use you as motivation if I suck at it... I'm a little lighter than you but also fatter than you (17% bf). I'll try to hold you accountable if you're struggling.

Good stuff Stew, The 1st cut I did I didn't count calories and it went really well,

this time I am counting.

either way you do it, you have to commit, and commit hard. because there will be many times when you change your mind.

day 3

Weighed in at 80kg again.

trained abs, shoulders, calves then legs this morning. By the time I got home I nearly chucked. then nearly chucked an hour later.

getting out of my comfort zone.;)

done really well today with my diet, saved up a heap of calories for dinner, ate ate a truckload (450g kangaroo, 1/4 chicken, bread roll, salad and a fun size snickers).

Calories = 2,307

carbs = 126g fat = 64g Protein = 252g

fucking hell, 450 grams of roo meat would make me chuck too. Takes like crap.

sprayed with olive oil, seasoned with salt n pepper, char grilled 4 minutes a side.

Tasted really good.

the plan was cook the lot up (600g) on the BBQ, and eat a a little bit and give the rest to the dogs, because I thought it would taste like sh!t.

but it was awesome, nearly ate the whole lot.. would have if my Mrs wasn't cooking dinner at the time.

day 4

Weighed in at 80kg again.

Calories = 2,426

carbs = 103g fat = 80g Protein = 261g

*Gym this morning, back & biceps.

*Farcken Mackerel is a fatty fish, threw my calories up a bit high today.... underestimated the calories on that little swimmer.

ok,

hit the piss a bit but didn't go too badly ......

bout 800cal from grog.

cals = 3062

carbs = 237g fat = 54g Protein = 234g

blew out by a fair amount, but 3000 cal is about maintenance for me so it's not too bad.

I have always said that I train to live, not live to train. straya!

Day 6

back on track, still weigh 80kg
Managed to squeeze in a KFC double and Hungry jacks double mini. Gym before my 1st day at work for the year tomorrow, happy days.

Calories = 2261

carbs = 143g fat = 106g Protein = 180g

Just re calculated my maintenance cals to be 2600... Might have to kick it up a gear...

No cardio for me Jim, just eat less.

Last edited: