• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

1 month cut.

Fuck 500 calories for dinner. That sucks.

If that was me on about 2500 calories I would use up 1000 calories during the day and save 1500 calories for dinner. Makes it much easier to stick to the diet if you like a get hungry late in the day.

You know what Bazza, I'm gonna give it a crack, No more breakfast. it's a pain in the ass heating food up at the gym and eating in the car.

intermittent fasting here I come!

You know what Bazza, I'm gonna give it a crack, No more breakfast. it's a pain in the ass heating food up at the gym and eating in the car.

intermittent fasting here I come!

Can't hurt. If you don't like it at least you tried it. If you do like it it can make cutting at lot easier.

I know pushing a lot of calories to dinner has helped me. I still usually go 3 meals a day, usually just some fruit and sometimes a protein shake for breakfast. Then just what ever meals I have planned for lunch and dinner.

Bradsky I have a very small meal in the morning which ties me through to about lunchtime. Usually Tuna on rice thins.
I can't fast for too long unfortunately but this helps to push my calories back in the day around training time.
My diet calorie intake is 1400-1500.

when Im cutting to fight, a month out im usually at about 76kg, I start at 2200cal a day and drop it 200cal a week by the last week im at 1600cal a day, and I usually drop on average about 1kg a week, just drink heaps of water it helps alot

Day 12

Weight = 78kg's

Estimated calories = 3400

carbs = 250g fat = 80g protein 150g

Felt unusually crook, late into the night my mates found a chin up bar and everyone had a go to see how many behind the head reps they could get.
I was rooted after that. That, and I don't usually drink rum.

Last edited:
I can't fast for too long unfortunately

Kaz, I'm sort of the same. If I go too long I start feeling light headed and just generally shithouse. I normally keep some muesli bars in the lunch bag to tide me over

when Im cutting to fight, a month out im usually at about 76kg, I start at 2200cal a day and drop it 200cal a week by the last week im at 1600cal a day, and I usually drop on average about 1kg a week, just drink heaps of water it helps alot

I have been averaging about 3-4L of water a day. I was 78kg again this morning, which is a bit lighter than I wanted to be at this stage..... Which is a good thing I guess.

But I do feel a little flat.

Kaz, I'm sort of the same. If I go too long I start feeling light headed and just generally shithouse. I normally keep some muesli bars in the lunch bag to tide me over

I have been averaging about 3-4L of water a day. I was 78kg again this morning, which is a bit lighter than I wanted to be at this stage..... Which is a good thing I guess.

But I do feel a little flat.

go have a nice big cheat meal then,your lighter than expected, will help motivation

go have a nice big cheat meal then,your lighter than expected, will help motivation

yer having Indian take out tonight a little over 1000 cal worth. was gonna get a pizza, until I punched it in on myfitnesspal & came out at over 2000cal :D

day 13

Weight = 78kg

cals = 2544

carbs = 231g fat = 84g Protein = 165g

Half way mark tomorrow. happy days

Day 14

Tried fasting today, and it went well. only had 440cal before dinner
went a little something like this.

Meal 1 : 6:00am
  • 30g WPC
  • 25g Dextrose
  • 200ml milk.
308cal

6:30am = GYM : trained hard, intense for about an hour

Meal 2 : 8:00am
  • Yogurt top muesli bar
134cal

Meal 3 6:30pm
  • Butcher - Roast Lamb Leg, 300 g
  • Wholegrain Wrap
  • Low Fat Creamed Cottage Cheese 50g
  • Roasted Vegetables (Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Onion, mushrooms) 2 cup
  • General - Potato Roasted 1 cup
  • Lite Milk, 200 ml
  • Wpc, 1 scoop
  • Mint Sauce, 15 ml
  • Neapolitan Ice Cream, 47 g (100ml)
1528cal

Actually felt satisfied after meal 3, & I didn't get as hungry as I thought during the day.

Weight = 80kg (shot up 2kg, probably water weight)

cals=1970

carbs = 133g fat = 64g protein = 159g

day 15

pre & post workout shakes then fasted till dinner, success !

massive feast resulting in a mini food coma :D

weight 79kg

Calories = 2143

carbs = 262g fat = 32g protein = 192g

day 16

Fasted on 134 calories till 5:30pm, then 2200 cals in an hour. full as!

weight = 78kg

Calories = 2367cal

Carbs = 236g fat = 70g Protein = 207g

How are you liking it.

it's easier than I thought, don't get that hungry, just feel kinda weird.

it's like I am not functioning 100% or something....

gonna add a few more cals during the day, I just weighed in at 77kg which is a bit crazy. Definitely feel skinnier, but not in a good way :/

I had a similar experience your body does seem to get used to it but I just went back to the standard 3 meals with much smaller breakfast and lunch with big dinner.

Still get the satisfaction of big last meal but don't eat that weird feeling through the day.

I think the best part about it is you realise you have a lot more freedom to shift calories around to fit into your lifestyle and how you want to eat rather than the strict bodybuilding type diet.

it's easier than I thought, don't get that hungry, just feel kinda weird.

it's like I am not functioning 100% or something....

gonna add a few more cals during the day, I just weighed in at 77kg which is a bit crazy. Definitely feel skinnier, but not in a good way :/

feeling the same with keto - like my heads a bit fuzzy
I'm down 6.5 kg since christmas

I had a similar experience your body does seem to get used to it but I just went back to the standard 3 meals with much smaller breakfast and lunch with big dinner.

Still get the satisfaction of big last meal but don't eat that weird feeling through the day.

I think the best part about it is you realise you have a lot more freedom to shift calories around to fit into your lifestyle and how you want to eat rather than the strict bodybuilding type diet.

that's the new plan.

feeling the same with keto - like my heads a bit fuzzy
I'm down 6.5 kg since christmas

I'm 5kg Down since chrissy.... Over it ..lol

I need another carb up, feel so flat and shithouse right now. can't wait till next month!

day 17

Anyway..... Had some dessert... just because I got gym in the morning, and I want some energy. (peach, yogurt, fun size mars)

weight = 77kg

Calories = 2660cal

Carbs = 299g fat = 59g Protein = 215g

feel sooo skinny and flat

20130117_171449.jpg

R u taking measurements or just relying on scales. ? Your back is lean as I know how it feels to be depleted and fat and wanting to raid the chocolate isle loll but your looking good man lean as fuck I'm Down from 90 to 81.7 im feeling skinny but I know it's worth it. I love the vascularity and the distinction between muscle groups. Will be doing a clean bulk up this winter..500 calories over maintainace.

If I measured my arms I would cry I reckon, just scales and pinch tests for me... I did take measurements late December though. Might compare After im done and carbed up again.

day 18

Gym went OK today trained triceps first and didn't really have much left in the tank for chest, just did 8 sets for chest.

weight = 78kg

Calories = 2616cal

Carbs = 207g fat = 102g Protein = 211g

Last edited: