• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

1 month cut.

day 19

Gym went well, all is good

weight = 78kg

Calories = 2972cal

Carbs = 192g fat = 126g Protein = 267g

Big feeds again today, probably gotta settle down again and go into a good deficit for the last week.

It's not that I have been slacking off, just feel like I have been going a bit too far under some days. wouldn't surprise me to see 80kg on the scales tomorrow.

Last edited:
It just takes a bit of trial an error to find the right amount of calories to be in enough of a deficit to lose some fat but not too low that you feel like shit.

You'll work it out.

It just takes a bit of trial an error to find the right amount of calories to be in enough of a deficit to lose some fat but not too low that you feel like shit.

You'll work it out.

I am actually pretty happy overall about the month so far, definitely leaned out a fair bit.

I think I will settle at 78kg after all this is done, for a 3kg loss.. just hope there's not too much muscle in the mix.

Day 20

weight 78kg

cals= 2986cal

carbs = 253g fat = 84g protein = 177g

2013+-+2
2013+-+1

20121226_165245.jpg
20121226_165300.jpg

Last edited:
Day 21

Back to burn mode, fasted most of the day.

weight 79kg

cals= 1863cal

carbs =184g fat = 46g protein = 180g

The only problem I had with keto and fasting is you have to re introduce carbs again slowly when returning back to a normal diet or you will gain weight back pretty quickly. I load up on carbs first 2 meals only and I DNT get that tired feel from keto. It tops up my glycogen and keeps me looking full and not flat. I'm actually loosing more fat like that coz carbs lower cortisol and Also your body will use the carb as an energy source and preserve muscle and spare protein . U should try this approach man it's awesome

The only problem I had with keto and fasting is you have to re introduce carbs again slowly, when returning back to a normal diet or you will gain weight back pretty quickly.

I load up on carbs first 2 meals only and I DNT get that tired feel from keto. It tops up my glycogen and keeps me looking full and not flat.

I'm actually loosing more fat like that coz carbs lower cortisol and Also your body will use the carb as an energy source and preserve muscle and spare protein .

U should try this approach man it's awesome

I am taking in carbs, not doing keto.

just eating regular food under maintenance, nothing fancy. just tracking macros for the sake of it.

Day 22

Weight = 77kg

Calories = 2316 cal

carbs = 228g fat = 79g protein = 166g

day 23

Gym this morning, went well.

Weight 77kg

Calories = 2384cal

carbs = 226g
Fat = 78g
Protein = 198g

day 25

Shoulders & legs today, has tonnes of energy (weight might have something to do with it).

Weight 79kg ..WTF?

Calories = 1955cal

carbs = 160g
Fat = 59g
Protein = 189g

Day 26

Australia day!!

1st heavy gym session in over 6 months at least....

started with bench (only hit 5 x 80kg, but could have squeezed out 1 or 2 more) which is about 10kg less than I used to bench.

next was deads, not my favorite so I just pulled 3 x 100kg, my lower back was sore/throbbing for most of the day.... probably not gonna deadlift anymore. I don't care how great it is. or how far my form is out or whatever..

weighted dips (+20kg) few sets of 8-10.

weighted wide grip pullups 20kg x 3 , 10kg x 5 , 0kg x 5

Press 50kg 5 reps pyramid down from there.

the biggest difference in the session would have to be how much more I was sweating, and I didn't feel like throwing up.

I usually do tonnes more volume than that but with heaps less weight and less rest time between sets.

really enjoyed the session but the lower back pain pissed me off a bit.

Weight = 77kg

Estimated cals = 3100+ cal

carbs = 180g
fat = 85g
protein = 140 * estimated

being Australia day I had a few and didn't count properly.

Last edited:
Day 26

Australia day!!

1st heavy gym session in over 6 months at least....

started with bench (only hit 5 x 80kg, but could have squeezed out 1 or 2 more) which is about 10kg less than I used to bench.

next was deads, not my favorite so I just pulled 3 x 100kg, my lower back was sore/throbbing for most of the day.... probably not gonna deadlift anymore. I don't care how great it is. or how far my form is out or whatever..

weighted dips (+20kg) few sets of 8-10.

weighted wide grip pullups 20kg x 3 , 10kg x 5 , 0kg x 5

Press 50kg 5 reps pyramid down from there.

the biggest difference in the session would have to be how much more I was sweating, and I didn't feel like throwing up.

I usually do tonnes more volume than that but with heaps less weight and less rest time between sets.

really enjoyed the session but the lower back pain pissed me off a bit.

Weight = 77kg

Estimated cals = 3100+ cal

carbs = 180g
fat = 85g
protein = 140 * estimated

being Australia day I had a few and didn't count properly.

Deadlifts are high risk sometimes you have to question is the reward worth the risk..you tried sumo d/l mate? They are great on your back

Deadlifts are high risk sometimes you have to question is the reward worth the risk..you tried sumo d/l mate? They are great on your back

I'm still not convinced on the deadlift. there are other exercises I can do that put next to no pressure on my spine. we'll see. might just keep them light.

anyway..

stuck indoors all day does not help the diet.. damn rain wont stop!

Day 27

Weight = 80kg (not where I wanted to be, but I am leaner in the mirror..)

cals = 2567 cal

carbs = 216g
fat = 103g
protein = 219g

Was hoping to finish the month off strong, but it's not likely.

at this stage I will most likely end up netting a 2kg loss. which is not too bad. sort of an anticlimax.

already looking forward to the winter bulk.

Did you feel like you wasted a month?

no way,

IMO cutting is the hardest part of the whole deal, so if I can lose a kg of fat. that's a good month/

I wasted nearly 3 months prior by not training stuff all, and eating too much.

But it was part of a career change so I regret nothing.

if you look at most articles, they generally say 1 pound a week is the maximum rate you should lose to maintain muscle mass.

So in a sense, the month went perfectly. :rolleyes:

Cool, glad it worked for you.

I guess the question would be: Did you really need to cut or would the time been better spent adding 1kg of lean muscle?

Cool, glad it worked for you.

I guess the question would be: Did you really need to cut or would the time been better spent adding 1kg of lean muscle?

Well, I have my reasons,

1. my theory is, if I can stay around 10-14% bodyfat, it won't be a massive task to get into shape at any given time.
  2. I don't want my waistline to get to a point where I cant fit any of my clothes.
  3. I get bored easy, and a cut is something to do.
  4. there was still a little summer left, so why not.
  5. wanted to make sure I could still cut.

But yer, I could have just as easily gone the other way

ok with another day stuck inside with stuff all to do, I ate at maintenance again..

Gonna call it a couple of days early, no point going into deficit again,

took a snapshot in different lighting.

20130128_155101.jpg

Didn't get my 6 pack and weighed in at 79kg this morning. bodyfat reads 11.3% down from 12.5%.

soo, roughly lost a kg or so most likely, but who knows.

20121226_165245.jpg
2013+-+3

20121226_165300.jpg
2013+-+4

definately more flexed in the afters... lol

Last edited:
Hi Bradsky, how tall are you?

I'm about 180cm and weight similar to you, I've been trying to put on weight from about 76kg a few months back, am at about 78-79kg at the moment.

I think I should continue to lift and eat but I feel like I'm getting fatter which I'm not liking. But the weight isn't skyrocketing so I'm confused.

Ah well, will stick with it for a bit more see how it goes, I'm off to Hawaii in a couple of weeks so want to look half decent.