• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Anyone got them?
Thinking of getting a pair like this.
Worth it?
1de56de33091f2883dc24cdb4a5aab79.jpg

Same, that's a good price, my cousin has them (but I fink they're the 80kg version), says they're a little clumsy and clackety, but plates don't fall off, they're reasonably balanced and save a ton of space and & $$$.

dont have them and could be not too bad, the only thing i would find interesting is how much movement you get with the plates you add onto dumbell and if it would be annoying if there was excessive movement between plates.

Yeah I get sick or loading and unloading DB's. So much so I avoid DB work.
@Neddysmith; not sure how much movement between plates. Was hoping some one has a set or has used that could verify?

Last edited:
dont have them and could be not too bad, the only thing i would find interesting is how much movement you get with the plates you add onto dumbell and if it would be annoying if there was excessive movement between plates.

there is a little bit of clonking

Same, that's a good price, my cousin has them (but I fink they're the 80kg version), says they're a little clumsy and clackety, but plates don't fall off, they're reasonably balanced and save a ton of space and & $$$.
Thanks...I might bite the fckn bullet and get 'em.

Yeah I get sick or loading and unloading DB's. So much so I avoid DB work.
@Neddysmith; not sure how much movement between plates. Was hoping some one has a set or has used that could verify?

not much movement, plates actually sit pretty tight, always be more clonk than solid set, but that's the trade off.
No real need to load plates, set the end (BOTH!) to the desired weight and the plates released stay in the cradle as you pick them up, not too bad of a pain, considering the $$$ and space saving.

What about these? Says increments of 10-90lbs. That's about 40 odd kg. That would be each DB?

a1adbfea4b10e53163ca97fdb92c251d.jpg

Last edited:
Nah no way mate, they are 20kgs each, db sets are always measured total weight.
Looked down this path, the prices are fucking bullshit.
I ended up taking the advice given, spinlock sets, buy multiple sets, long handled set as well.
I only have 2 sets at the moment but enough plates. That I dont need a lot of messing around changing. Do want to get 1 more set and a few more plates and will have me covered.
Feel 100% safer with spinlocks than some stuff like these when I am putting weights close to my head.

my 20kgs each comment was for the first set you posted

Last edited: