• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yesterday did my cross training shit
It was tough
Im about to start smolov jnr for bench, so dropping any pushups, dips, ring dips for a month all together while i do that.

workout went like this:

Heavy BB curls x 10
TRicep pushdowns x 12
Run (300m)
plank 30 seconds

1 min rest

heavy DB curls x 10
Tricep dips x 12
run
plank 30 seconds
1 min rest

20 Sledgehammers
12 db side raises
run
plank 30 secs
1min rest

Calf raises on step x 20
ropes x 20
run
plank x 30 seconds
1 min rest

repeat again.

Was stuffed, up'd the running extra 50m up the road so 100m extra all up each time. Good stretching and foam rolling again at night has me waking up alot easier and less tight.

T

Saturday did
Bench 5x10
Dips 5x10
Flyes 5x10

Chins 5xmax (6-10)
side chins 5xmax (4-8)
Inverted row 4x10

Yesterday started smolov jnr bench program

Worked out my max (thanks to a net calculator thing) as 149kg

so yesterday was 6x6@104.3 (but was doing 105 of course)

Felt pretty good
then did

5x10 lunges
5x10 One leg squats

Forgot to stretch last night after coming home from the footy, I feel sore in the lower back today...

T :)

Chins x 10
DB SHoulder press x 12
run

BB curls x 12
Tricep dips x 15
run

DB curls x 10
Tricep pushdown x12
run

Sledgies x 20
side raises x 12
run

Calves on step x 20
Ropes x 20
run

Went thru this twice

This is the only time I train arms, so going reasonably heavy on them. No chest stuff as Im doing the smolov bench thing, which is going into day2 this arvo.
Back felt ok, little tight this morning. I had a good stretch last night too

I did day 2 of smolov yesterday then some cardio. I brushed the deck of cards to try the workout I put my brother and his mate thru on tuesday..

7x5 @ 111kg (i think it was 110kg as its hard to get it spot on)
felt pretty good

then did
21 burpees into 21 sledgies into 21 rope slams
90 sec rest
15 burpees into 15 sledgies into 15 rope slams
60 sec rest
9 burpees into 9 sledgies into 15 rope slams

I was tired after that, but the deck of cards is alot harder. I thought i'd be more stuffed after the bench so had planned this shorter cardio. Next week will be back on deck of cards.

Smolov day 4

10x3@126kg

5am sesh. Heading camping for a few days! The bar was cold! Hahha. Felt strong

Back from camping, workout yesterday arvo was ok,
day 1 of week2 smolov

6x6@110kgs felt decent. CJ was outside painting and was like 'i didnt know you could do that daddy'. I was insulted! hahah

then did 5x10 lunges
5x10 one leg squat off step

Yesterday

Chins x 12
DB Press x 10
400m run (increased to 400 this week, extra telegraph pole up the street)

Sledgies on tyre x 20
DB side raises x 15
run

BB curls x 12
Tricep dips x 12
run

DB Curls x 20
Tricep pushdowns x 15
run

Calf raises on step x 20
Rope slams x 20
run

Went thru that twice. Felt fit, back a little tender this morning, even after a good stretch and roller session

Last night

smolov jnr bench 7x5 @116kgs feeling strong

then did the deck of cards

ace = 1 min plank
king, queen & jack = 12 reps
spades = chins
clubs = situps
diamonds = step-ups
hearts = prison squats

2=2 reps up to 10 = 10 reps

took about 23mins. Legs gone today. Chest ok

Forgot to diarize the last couple of workouts.
This morning was day4-week 2 smolov jnr 10x3 @ 131 kgs. Took about 45 mins. Felt good. It was heavy but the percentages seem right.

Last night i did day 1, week 3 of smolov njr bench

6x6 @ 115kg. Felt good & strong. My dodgy elbow started clicking, but nothing that hasnt happened before..

Followed that with 5x10 weighted lunges (weighted vest)
and 5x10 prison squats with same weighted vest
legs pumped!

Considering doing Smolov Jr as my bench has stalled badly.

I know on the Smolov Squat program, its stated clearly that any other work should be kept to an absolute minimum.

What are your thoughts on doing the Smolov Bench program, but also continuing to squat a couple of times per week?

In such a groove with my squat right now, that I don't wanna stop even if it is just for 3-4 weeks. Happy to dump all other work, just not the squat.

Edit: Just went back through your last few logs and noticed you are doing some assistance work in addition to smolov jr, so reckon I can preempt your answer to my question :).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Considering doing Smolov Jr as my bench has stalled badly.

I know on the Smolov Squat program, its stated clearly that any other work should be kept to an absolute minimum.

What are your thoughts on doing the Smolov Bench program, but also continuing to squat a couple of times per week?

In such a groove with my squat right now, that I don't wanna stop even if it is just for 3-4 weeks. Happy to dump all other work, just not the squat.

Edit: Just went back through your last few logs and noticed you are doing some assistance work in addition to smolov jr, so reckon I can preempt your answer to my question :).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

You could probably do both. But nothing else and some days would have to do both. AM & PM workouts? Chest mornings and leg at night? Could work!!

Smolov jnr bench yesterday. 7x5 @ 121kgs. First set felt heavy, as did the last, but overall good and strong.

No deck of cards yesterday as my brother was over & did some sparring & boxing fitness with him for about 45 mins. It was tough. Both of us were quite stuffed by the end!

cross training session today
felt tough & i felt heavy! Shouldnt have worn trackies today! lol

BB curls x 15
EZ bar reverse curls x 15
400m run
plank 30 seconds

1min rest

Tricep dips x 12
Tricep pushdowns x 12
400m run
plank 30 seconds
1 min rest

20 sledgehammers
15 db side raises
400m run
plank 30 seconds

1 min rest

20 calf raises
12 bench pulls/inverted rows i think they are called?
400m run
30 sec plank

1 min rest then repeat

8x4 @126kgs yesterday smolov jnr day 3 week 3. Felt ok. Did 5x10 chins after and 5x10 lunges with 10kg vest on

Today is last day of smolov jnr. 10x3 @ 135kg

Should be good.

Last edited:
8x4 @126kgs yesterday smolov jnr day 3 week 3. Felt ok. Did 5x10 chins after and 5x10 lunges with 10kg vest on

Today is last day of smolov jnr. 10x3 @ 135kg

Should be good.

Farkin smash it mate, 10 triples at 135 is a bloody fine effort. Bring on 150 in a few days.

Farkin smash it mate, 10 triples at 135 is a bloody fine effort. Bring on 150 in a few days.

DONE IT!!!! 10x3 @ 135kg ( i think it was 136)
mate i feel i could do 150kg today! lol. Ill get some tips/secrets from you when the time comes!

I got a recording, just uploading now. Whoever Smolov Jnr is, i salute you.

Never thought id get up to this weight, especially after my back surgery.

[YOUTUBE]MVI_2886 - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

This was the 10th set, so pretty happy with form too

inb4/not an olympic bar...

The bar weighs 8kg

the plates are from inside out samson 22.6kg, samson 13.6kg, samson 13.6kg, dynaflex 10kg, samson 5kg. x 2 = 129.6kg
plus the 8kg for the bar = 137.6kg
[MENTION=3619]Grippy[/MENTION];

Last edited: