• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Well done big fella. Smolov strikes again. For just 3 weeks it can't be beaten hey.

thanks man.
Its great! Just need a calculator and be prepared to put other bodyparts on the backburner for a few weeks.
So ill give chest a rest for a week, then next Friday or Saturday Ill go for 150 1rm! Why not! Hope my mrs is ready to spot me this time...

[YOUTUBE]MVI_2886 - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

This was the 10th set, so pretty happy with form too

inb4/not an olympic bar...

The bar weighs 8kg

the plates are from inside out samson 22.6kg, samson 13.6kg, samson 13.6kg, dynaflex 10kg, samson 5kg. x 2 = 129.6kg
plus the 8kg for the bar = 137.6kg
[MENTION=3619]Grippy[/MENTION];

Mayne! You had plenty left in the tank. You could have stopped for a drink at the bottom and pushed out another

Im already missing the smolov jnr bench program!
Last night did 5x10 chins with 10kg vest
3x6-8 side chins with 10kg vest
5x10 each leg lunges with vest.

sorting out a new program today

Mayne! You had plenty left in the tank. You could have stopped for a drink at the bottom and pushed out another

Thanks mayne. I did it.
I'm going for 150kg 1 rep max this Friday or Saturday. Working out when I can get a spot. (Downfall of training alone and at home)

39105835.jpg

Thanks mayne. I did it.
I'm going for 150kg 1 rep max this Friday or Saturday. Working out when I can get a spot. (Downfall of training alone and at home)

Great stuff mate, certainly is one of the biggest issues when training alone or training in a place where you trust noone to spot you.

Thanks mayne. I did it.

Good luck mate, you'll smash it. My brother hit a pretty easy 150 when he was tripling 140 :).

Great stuff mate, certainly is one of the biggest issues when training alone or training in a place where you trust noone to spot you.

yeh, it sure is. I always find that a spotter, even without touching the bar, helps me lift more. My wife can help I guess, but if my brothers not working, he'll come over. Im not going to ask a mate over just to spot me for one set, bit rude and selfish. Ill use up family hahaha:p

Exactly right, sometimes it's just that phsycological of having someone there just in case thats makes all the difference in lifting, moreso for bench than any other lift.

Exactly right, sometimes it's just that phsycological of having someone there just in case thats makes all the difference in lifting, moreso for bench than any other lift.

oh for sure mate! Probably that knowing feeling in your head that you can push that little bit harder, as someones there to help it up off your face, if you fail!

I hit 140kg on bench and my final Smolov sets for week 3 were 117.5x3x10

140/117.5 = 1.19, so my final 1rm was 119% of 117.5kg.

119% of 137.6kg = 163.9kg.

Of course not gonna be that accurate but as a guestimate you might just hit 160kg. I wouldn't be surprised.

140kg was an absolute max for me, I got pinned by 142.5kg just afterwards :) I got +10kg from the routine.

Do you feel like you've put on size from Smolov? I think I might have but I was heavy into the brobuilding for 2 months before.

I hit 140kg on bench and my final Smolov sets for week 3 were 117.5x3x10

140/117.5 = 1.19, so my final 1rm was 119% of 117.5kg.

119% of 137.6kg = 163.9kg.

Of course not gonna be that accurate but as a guestimate you might just hit 160kg. I wouldn't be surprised.

140kg was an absolute max for me, I got pinned by 142.5kg just afterwards :)

wow man thats unreal!! thats great. Gives me a bit of reassurance about trying 150kg. How did you warm up to your 1rm?

I used the t-nation article recommendations but I went a little bit lower for some sets than what they say. I also skipped trying for my previous 1rm max (130kg for me). I took long arse breaks (10-12mins) before 135kg and after it.

T NATION | How to Warm Up for a One-Rep Max

My final sets were 122.5, 135, 140.

Warm up and go for 150 and anything after is just a bonus I reckon...

Did my new cross training workout yesterday! It was a good one!!

Two hand rope slams x 20
Med ball twists x 15
400m run
30sec plank

1 min rest

med ball pushups x 20
box jumps x 10
400m run
30sec plank

1 min rest

Leg raises x 12
ring dips x 12
200m run
plank 30 sec

1 min rest

ring pushups x 10
burpees x 10
400m run
30 sec plank

Sledgehammers x 12
Lunge to footpath (about 12 steps)
200m run
30 sec plank

1 min rest and repeat...

I was tin-fruited, the rest period was pretty much sweating my head off where i planked until the timer went off lol. Legs were sore today.