• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
why bother then? If your cooking a chocolate cake & neglect to put chocolate in it....

Plain cake > Chocolate cake.

But yes, i would rather remove everything else off the list and just squat then do everything else on the list and not squat.

Plain cake is awesome with jam and cream.

why bother then? If your cooking a chocolate cake & neglect to put chocolate in it....

Plain cake > Chocolate cake.

But yes, i would rather remove everything else off the list and just squat then do everything else on the list and not squat.

Plain cake is awesome with jam and cream.

You are a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8

Sorry for the noob question but just wanted to confirm that the weights mentioned are for the reps mentioned. Just double checking.

I have a goal now :)

You are a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8

Sorry for the noob question but just wanted to confirm that the weights mentioned are for the reps mentioned. Just double checking.

I have a goal now :)

I'd say just go at the rep range specified (8-10 whatever) until your weights go up. As you approach those benchmarks try dropping the reps and lifting more. Then try a 1rm.

I'd say just go at the rep range specified (8-10 whatever) until your weights go up. As you approach those benchmarks try dropping the reps and lifting more. Then try a 1rm.

Sounds logical enough. Im really hanging for my new gear to arrive :) Squats here i come.

Sounds logical enough. Im really hanging for my new gear to arrive :) Squats here i come.

i like this approach........

say you bench press 80kg for 8 reps. Next session aim for 9 reps (per set obviously). Once all reps are done, go for ten reps. Once that's done, add more weight, go back down to 8 reps & so on.

i like this approach........

say you bench press 80kg for 8 reps. Next session aim for 9 reps (per set obviously). Once all reps are done, go for ten reps. Once that's done, add more weight, go back down to 8 reps & so on.

Agreed with powerbuilder, build your way up the reps. Then drop back down again. I do that with 5 - 8 reps though. Works pretty well. Almost hit my 95kg 1rm for bench.

Agreed with powerbuilder, build your way up the reps. Then drop back down again. I do that with 5 - 8 reps though. Works pretty well. Almost hit my 95kg 1rm for bench.

I agree its a great system, progressively adding reps, then adding weight, nice work fellas and great advice.

I agree its a great system, progressively adding reps, then adding weight, nice work fellas and great advice.