• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
just a quick question about 20rep squats. Do you think that a main benifit comes from the fact that a biginner is quite far away from their genetic potential...and working with a higher rep range, allows for more growth than say, 5rep sets? i know you don't speak of scientific stuff much, just curious.......

in my STAC study, it's suggested for younger training age athletes use higher rep ranges...

just a quick question about 20rep squats. Do you think that a main benifit comes from the fact that a biginner is quite far away from their genetic potential...and working with a higher rep range, allows for more growth than say, 5rep sets? i know you don't speak of scientific stuff much, just curious.......

in my STAC study, it's suggested for younger training age athletes use higher rep ranges...

I think its more generally the amount of stress you put your body under. Having 100+ on your back for 3minutes, your body is forced to adapt
Posted via Mobile Device

I think its more generally the amount of stress you put your body under. Having 100+ on your back for 3minutes, your body is forced to adapt
Posted via Mobile Device

No science behind 20 rep squats, its just damn hard work.

Most dont quite grasp how your meant to perform on them though.

If you start, and dont get to 150% of your bodyweight, you really havent worked hard enough for long enough to understand and reap the benefits.

I see guys doing 20 reppers with bodyweight, and saying there tough. They may be now, but your not finished yet. Far from it.

Its no point starting them and ending up doing 80kg x 20, see it through.

Watching lifters do 20 reppers tells me all I need to know about them.

I think double bodyweight for 20 reps is a good point to finish for most, some freaks can push it much harder, but the average lifter will do well to do double bw x 20

No science behind 20 rep squats, its just damn hard work.

Most dont quite grasp how your meant to perform on them though.

If you start, and dont get to 150% of your bodyweight, you really havent worked hard enough for long enough to understand and reap the benefits.

I see guys doing 20 reppers with bodyweight, and saying there tough. They may be now, but your not finished yet. Far from it.

Its no point starting them and ending up doing 80kg x 20, see it through.

Watching lifters do 20 reppers tells me all I need to know about them.

I think double bodyweight for 20 reps is a good point to finish for most, some freaks can push it much harder, but the average lifter will do well to do double bw x 20

When i get to 1.5x bodyweight i will be absolutely stoked. That will be 150kg x 20. I dont know how long its going to take to get me there, but i will get there.

Dunno about 200kg x 20 though rofl.

When i get to 1.5x bodyweight i will be absolutely stoked. That will be 150kg x 20. I dont know how long its going to take to get me there, but i will get there.

Dunno about 200kg x 20 though rofl.

Im 10kg off atm, 110kg @ 80.
Ill be doing them for the rest of the year though, so we will see how high I can get :).

Im 10kg off atm, 110kg @ 80.
Ill be doing them for the rest of the year though, so we will see how high I can get :).

on Saturday night I was a little tempted to do this. I was aiming to do 90kg x 6R x 3, felt i had more in the tank, belted out 2 more reps...it was at that point that i thought about going for 20...but chanced my mind. god i'm soft

on Saturday night I was a little tempted to do this. I was aiming to do 90kg x 6R x 3, felt i had more in the tank, belted out 2 more reps...it was at that point that i thought about going for 20...but chanced my mind. god i'm soft

I've been training 2.5 months with weights. squat has gone 50kg >110kg DL 60kg >120kg OH 30kg >50kg bench 40kg >60kg

Not as impressive as some guys here, wish I got 140kg in 3 months!

I've been training 2.5 months with weights. squat has gone 50kg >110kg DL 60kg >120kg OH 30kg >50kg bench 40kg >60kg

Not as impressive as some guys here, wish I got 140kg in 3 months!

Since I weigh 100kg I really doubt i'll ever get to double bw x20 on squats, i'd happy with 1rep at that. Hopefully 1.5x bw will be doable.

Since I weigh 100kg I really doubt i'll ever get to double bw x20 on squats, i'd happy with 1rep at that. Hopefully 1.5x bw will be doable.