• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Going to start this workout. My goals are to build muscle.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Just curious, what about my calves. I take my calves seriously due to sprinting.

Also, with warm up sets, do i just do two warm up sets - first one quarter of max and 2nd one half of max. Say my bench is 50kg would it look like this?

1st - 12.5kg
2nd - 25kg
3rd - 40kg
4th - 48kg
5th - 52.5kg?

Going to start this workout. My goals are to build muscle.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Just curious, what about my calves. I take my calves seriously due to sprinting.

Also, with warm up sets, do i just do two warm up sets - first one quarter of max and 2nd one half of max. Say my bench is 50kg would it look like this?

1st - 12.5kg
2nd - 25kg
3rd - 40kg
4th - 48kg
5th - 52.5kg?

1st - 12.5kg
2nd - 25kg
3rd - 40kg
4th - 48kg
5th - 52.5kg?

Sets across. If your bench is 50 you do:

warmup sets then:
1st - 50kg x 8
2nd - 50kg x 8
3rd - 50kg x 8

1st - 12.5kg
2nd - 25kg
3rd - 40kg
4th - 48kg
5th - 52.5kg?

Sets across. If your bench is 50 you do:

warmup sets then:
1st - 50kg x 8
2nd - 50kg x 8
3rd - 50kg x 8

and then ill do 3 sets of 52.5kg? So like this:

1st (warm up) - 50kg
2nd (warm up) - 50kg
3rd (real set) - 52.5kg
4th (real set) - 52.5kg
5th (real set) - 52.5kg

Would this be the program on squats aswell - same style?

Would 2 warm up sets be adequate - i have a time frame.

and then ill do 3 sets of 52.5kg? So like this:

1st (warm up) - 50kg
2nd (warm up) - 50kg
3rd (real set) - 52.5kg
4th (real set) - 52.5kg
5th (real set) - 52.5kg

Would this be the program on squats aswell - same style?

Would 2 warm up sets be adequate - i have a time frame.

If you can do all 8 reps during 3 work sets, then yes go to 52.5.

For warm ups, I usually to 10 reps with the bar, then 5 reps at 60%, then 3 reps at about 85%. I dont bother doing calculations in my head, you will get a feel for how much you need to do to warm up

If you can do all 8 reps during 3 work sets, then yes go to 52.5.

For warm ups, I usually to 10 reps with the bar, then 5 reps at 60%, then 3 reps at about 85%. I dont bother doing calculations in my head, you will get a feel for how much you need to do to warm up

ok. So you do all three work sets at the same weight? Should i be doing that? Yeah my warm up is ok i think.

ok. So you do all three work sets at the same weight? Should i be doing that? Yeah my warm up is ok i think.