• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
LMD that is not a warmup it is 2 work sets ever so slightly below your normal load.

Here is a warmup:
Bar which is close to 50% for you (which would have been the next step)
Then 70% for 5
Then 85-90% for 2-3
Then your worksets
Posted via Mobile Device

LMD that is not a warmup it is 2 work sets ever so slightly below your normal load.

Here is a warmup:
Then 70% for 5
Then 85-90% for 2-3
Then your worksets
Posted via Mobile Device

its up to you really, if you breeze through the first two sets of 52.5 then it wont hurt to do the third at 55, then next session do 3 at 55, if you get through that then do 57.5 the following session etc etc etc

its up to you really, if you breeze through the first two sets of 52.5 then it wont hurt to do the third at 55, then next session do 3 at 55, if you get through that then do 57.5 the following session etc etc etc

Here is a warmup:
Then 70% for 5
Then 85-90% for 2-3
Then your worksets
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry to sound stupid in advance.

Lets say my squat is 100kg (defiantly isn't - only to simplify things). My workout will be this:?

50kg 1st set
70kg 2nd set

Then the 3 work sets?

The reason why i only do two warm up sets is due to limited time. I only have an hour or so.
Also, another thing is lets say im trying to progress to 102kg, does that mean i doing my 3 working sets with 102kg or can i do 90kg, 100kg, then 102kg?

Here is a warmup:
Then 70% for 5
Then 85-90% for 2-3
Then your worksets
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry to sound stupid in advance.

Lets say my squat is 100kg (defiantly isn't - only to simplify things). My workout will be this:?

50kg 1st set
70kg 2nd set

Then the 3 work sets?

The reason why i only do two warm up sets is due to limited time. I only have an hour or so.
Also, another thing is lets say im trying to progress to 102kg, does that mean i doing my 3 working sets with 102kg or can i do 90kg, 100kg, then 102kg?

Ok little too complex for a warmup, you just ramp it up. say your squatted 100kg, you do a quick few with the bar, move to 60kg and then do 80kg for a few then start. Just enough to get you warm and not wear you out. That is really two warmups and some quick easy bar squats. When you move up to 102.5 you just leave the warmup the same. Once you hit 110 add 5 kgs on the last warmup. Make it simple.

Ok little too complex for a warmup, you just ramp it up. say your squatted 100kg, you do a quick few with the bar, move to 60kg and then do 80kg for a few then start. Just enough to get you warm and not wear you out. That is really two warmups and some quick easy bar squats. When you move up to 102.5 you just leave the warmup the same. Once you hit 110 add 5 kgs on the last warmup. Make it simple.

Okay thanks, and with the workout sets will i do 102kg 3 sets or do i do 90kg, 100kg, then 102kg?

Okay thanks, and with the workout sets will i do 102kg 3 sets or do i do 90kg, 100kg, then 102kg?

Hey robbo, no need to isolate these muscles when doing these compounds, trust me they will be covered. I even have muscle developing on the front of my shin lol so Im sure my calves are getting loaded

Squat calves
Bench press triceps
Bent row
Military press triceps
SLDL calves
BB curl

Hey robbo, no need to isolate these muscles when doing these compounds, trust me they will be covered. I even have muscle developing on the front of my shin lol so Im sure my calves are getting loaded

Squat calves
Bench press triceps
Bent row
Military press triceps
SLDL calves
BB curl