• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
sounds fair. If thats the case would it be wise to add a few more isolation exercises? just to make sure the muscle is being hit more and wouldn't this lead to overtraining with 3 times a week, cause the weight used is going to be heavy for sure and D.O.M.S is most probably gonna last for more than 48 hours. Just trying to follow this program cause I am unable to do any of those weight tho i've lifted weights for 2 years.

sounds fair. If thats the case would it be wise to add a few more isolation exercises? just to make sure the muscle is being hit more and wouldn't this lead to overtraining with 3 times a week, cause the weight used is going to be heavy for sure and D.O.M.S is most probably gonna last for more than 48 hours. Just trying to follow this program cause I am unable to do any of those weight tho i've lifted weights for 2 years.

Ok here's tip for you: do the program as it is written. Don't add crap to it. It was written by a guy who has trained many people and this is what has come from it. By adding in more exercises you will not get the same effect, you will also probably be in the gym for 2 hours too.

You will probably get DOMS on the first session then after a couple of days it will go away and never come back as you are constantly stimulating the muscle instead of letting it recover (takes 48 hours) and then letting it decondition (124 hours worth). With a split you are taking 1 step forward two steps back if you are a beginner (which you still are).

And no this program will not lead to overtraining not unless you are eating 1000 calories. Stop thinking and start doing you will learn how it effects you as you go. All these questions would be answered after a month lifting following this program so just get into it and see what happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok here's tip for you: do the program as it is written. Don't add crap to it. It was written by a guy who has trained many people and this is what has come from it. By adding in more exercises you will not get the same effect, you will also probably be in the gym for 2 hours too.

You will probably get DOMS on the first session then after a couple of days it will go away and never come back as you are constantly stimulating the muscle instead of letting it recover (takes 48 hours) and then letting it decondition (124 hours worth). With a split you are taking 1 step forward two steps back if you are a beginner (which you still are).

And no this program will not lead to overtraining not unless you are eating 1000 calories. Stop thinking and start doing you will learn how it effects you as you go. All these questions would be answered after a month lifting following this program so just get into it and see what happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

hey eaglebay wouldn't bent row and SLDL do biceps? why would you need bb curl?

Bent row for sure plus mp and bp but not sldl, regular deadlifts hit the arms a little too.
Hopefully Markos can answer why bb curl is in the program, maybe for full range of motion (rom) elbow health, as its pretty much the only joint that doesnt get put through its full range with the other exercises? Just taking a stab in the dark here!

Its why compounds are so good, everything gets hit with these exercises

Last edited:
hey eaglebay wouldn't bent row and SLDL do biceps? why would you need bb curl?

Bent row for sure plus mp and bp but not sldl, regular deadlifts hit the arms a little too.
Hopefully Markos can answer why bb curl is in the program, maybe for full range of motion (rom) elbow health, as its pretty much the only joint that doesnt get put through its full range with the other exercises? Just taking a stab in the dark here!

Its why compounds are so good, everything gets hit with these exercises

Why don't you increase the weight for SLDL when you could do 3 sets of 10 reps no failure? Btw im guessing its a must to have a spotter for this..any advice for when you don't have a spotter?

Why don't you increase the weight for SLDL when you could do 3 sets of 10 reps no failure? Btw im guessing its a must to have a spotter for this..any advice for when you don't have a spotter?

my response above was for your other question, didnt see posts on this page. definatly increase weights on all exercises when you can complete all reps and sets.

less talking more lifting!

my response above was for your other question, didnt see posts on this page. definatly increase weights on all exercises when you can complete all reps and sets.

less talking more lifting!

I started very light (like empty bar lol) and wasnt feeling much so I did do some chins at the end of sessions at the start. But like has already been said, get stuck into the program how its written and get a feel for things. When you are nearly maxing out on every lift, you are likely to be ruined and will find it very difficult to do them. I soon experienced this and dropped the chins when things got heavy, just couldnt do enough of them to get any real gains because I was already taxed

I started very light (like empty bar lol) and wasnt feeling much so I did do some chins at the end of sessions at the start. But like has already been said, get stuck into the program how its written and get a feel for things. When you are nearly maxing out on every lift, you are likely to be ruined and will find it very difficult to do them. I soon experienced this and dropped the chins when things got heavy, just couldnt do enough of them to get any real gains because I was already taxed