• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
You are a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg. I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse.

I posted this up on another forum a year ago. The pissweak pencil neck poindexters all pointed out that it was biased against skinny guys. Crap. If your skinny, eat something. At the time Max weighed 60kg and wasnt remotely close to any of those lifts.

One year later he only has the bench to go, he is only a handful of kg's away. That sounds about right. If you train correctly, you should be able to achieve these goals in a year, regardless of bodyweight. Not many on here lighter than Max was, so no complaints.

The record for achieving all these lifts at PTC from complete beginner was Vocy, he did it in under 3 months from never touching a weight, he weighed 100kg. Benny did it in roughly the same, around 10 weeks.

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Do this 3 times a week. Progressively add weight.

If youve been training for longer than 12 months and cant make ALL those lifts, you've been kidding yourselves, wasting your time on rubbish.

If somebody gave you a pile of ****, and said it was free, would you keep it, simply cause its free? Of course not, you have no use for it.

Just because something is free doesnt mean its useful.

Now that I have my squat rack I can start this program at home. I'll start a journal and see how I go. I have 6 months before I night classes again so hopefully I will see some good rsults in that time.

2 Things I will change just to get everyone ecited is to do chins and pullups instead of curls as I feel curls are simply and excuse to flog off.

One question however. When should I test my 1rm? Is it a good idea to try monthly, ever 3 or 6 months or every year? Obviously I would do this to see how close to my goal of 100 bench, 140 squat and 180 deads I am getting.

Thanks for the help on this forum. It has opened my mind to training and I thank everyone for that. Also a thankyou to Adrian for the power rack.

You are a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg. I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse.

I posted this up on another forum a year ago. The pissweak pencil neck poindexters all pointed out that it was biased against skinny guys. Crap. If your skinny, eat something. At the time Max weighed 60kg and wasnt remotely close to any of those lifts.

One year later he only has the bench to go, he is only a handful of kg's away. That sounds about right. If you train correctly, you should be able to achieve these goals in a year, regardless of bodyweight. Not many on here lighter than Max was, so no complaints.

The record for achieving all these lifts at PTC from complete beginner was Vocy, he did it in under 3 months from never touching a weight, he weighed 100kg. Benny did it in roughly the same, around 10 weeks.

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Do this 3 times a week. Progressively add weight.

If youve been training for longer than 12 months and cant make ALL those lifts, you've been kidding yourselves, wasting your time on rubbish.

If somebody gave you a pile of ****, and said it was free, would you keep it, simply cause its free? Of course not, you have no use for it.

Just because something is free doesnt mean its useful.

Now that I have my squat rack I can start this program at home. I'll start a journal and see how I go. I have 6 months before I night classes again so hopefully I will see some good rsults in that time.

2 Things I will change just to get everyone ecited is to do chins and pullups instead of curls as I feel curls are simply and excuse to flog off.

One question however. When should I test my 1rm? Is it a good idea to try monthly, ever 3 or 6 months or every year? Obviously I would do this to see how close to my goal of 100 bench, 140 squat and 180 deads I am getting.

Thanks for the help on this forum. It has opened my mind to training and I thank everyone for that. Also a thankyou to Adrian for the power rack.

Im following it too, you can check my diary on these forums if you want. Probably wouldnt test 1rms for at least 6 months, let the program do its work.

Im following it too, you can check my diary on these forums if you want. Probably wouldnt test 1rms for at least 6 months, let the program do its work.

Hi! Good to see another member taking up the PTC beginner Program, Wingman is also on it and is a few weeks in.
Give your 1rm a test after 3 months, monthly is just to soon.
Give yourself that initial 3 month goal to complete it as one cycle, test 1rm's then continue onto your next 3 month cycle.

Hi! Good to see another member taking up the PTC beginner Program, Wingman is also on it and is a few weeks in.
Give your 1rm a test after 3 months, monthly is just to soon.
Give yourself that initial 3 month goal to complete it as one cycle, test 1rm's then continue onto your next 3 month cycle.

im planning on starting this in a few weeks, but im also heading to ptc around the same time to check it out and possibly join. Should i just start this program or wait to see what they recommend?

im planning on starting this in a few weeks, but im also heading to ptc around the same time to check it out and possibly join. Should i just start this program or wait to see what they recommend?

Matty you are coming to the Sydney PTC?
Chris will assess you to be put on a program depending on your form and lifting experience. Won't necessarily be beginners but a progressive program all the same.

Matty you are coming to the Sydney PTC?
Chris will assess you to be put on a program depending on your form and lifting experience. Won't necessarily be beginners but a progressive program all the same.

yeah will be in there end of june/start of july i think... after exams n stuff... i was thinkin bout coming for a month or so to see what its like? i dunno, not to sure at this stage

yeah will be in there end of june/start of july i think... after exams n stuff... i was thinkin bout coming for a month or so to see what its like? i dunno, not to sure at this stage

Everyone who says they will come try it for a day/week/month end up staying. If your goal is strength you'll find yourself at home.
Where in Sydney are you Matty?

Everyone who says they will come try it for a day/week/month end up staying. If your goal is strength you'll find yourself at home.
Where in Sydney are you Matty?