• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just one qestion on the SLDL. How should this be done? Should you have a slight bend in the knees or should legs be straight? If possible a video would be good if there is one to post?

Thanks in advance for the help

Knees are slightly bent but remain locked at that angle throughout the movement.

Just one qestion on the SLDL. How should this be done? Should you have a slight bend in the knees or should legs be straight? If possible a video would be good if there is one to post?

Thanks in advance for the help

Knees are slightly bent but remain locked at that angle throughout the movement.

Cheers mate. I did figure that. Was looking for a video that best shows it. Very wary of hurting my lower back so want to make sure I am doing this rightas I have had injuries in the past.

Cheers mate. I did figure that. Was looking for a video that best shows it. Very wary of hurting my lower back so want to make sure I am doing this rightas I have had injuries in the past.

The best way to avoid hurting yourself is to start off light and allow your body to adapt to the lift. Once you get the feel for it then start pushing the weights up.

The best way to avoid hurting yourself is to start off light and allow your body to adapt to the lift. Once you get the feel for it then start pushing the weights up.

I've felt SLDL in the lowerback before. It's a symptom of not keeping back tight. If your hamstrings are screaming obscenities at you, you're probably doing it right.

I've felt SLDL in the lowerback before. It's a symptom of not keeping back tight. If your hamstrings are screaming obscenities at you, you're probably doing it right.

I would expect to feel SLDLs in the lower back as well as the hamstrings.

I would expect to feel SLDLs in the lower back as well as the hamstrings.

I've heard this referred to a few times here.
But what does it really mean?

Could the hamstring curl be the equivalent exercise for knee health?

The Westside guys do band ham curls, band abductions, laterals and cable pressdowns for knee, hip, shoulder and elbow health respectively
High reps (50-200 a set) most, if not all days of the week

Also, a butt load of sled dragging for both upper and lower body, as well as club and rope work for shoulder health

As well as the bandbell bench bar

I've heard this referred to a few times here.
But what does it really mean?

Could the hamstring curl be the equivalent exercise for knee health?

The Westside guys do band ham curls, band abductions, laterals and cable pressdowns for knee, hip, shoulder and elbow health respectively
High reps (50-200 a set) most, if not all days of the week

Also, a butt load of sled dragging for both upper and lower body, as well as club and rope work for shoulder health

As well as the bandbell bench bar