• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Cheers. Just feels a bit presumptious to call up and demand a lower price.

I bought my bar from them (ABC). Paid the full whack. They give a discount to gyms. Maybe PT's as well, not sure. I guess they figure that if a gym buys one bar from them, they will come back and get more. Maybe buy it through a gym if you have a good relationship with them.

I got the black powerlifting bar with the "aggressive knurl". Its great. About the same flex as an eleiko bar so no surprises during a comp. I have had it for about a year and its great. No issues. Just put a stiff brush over the chalk build up now and then.

Email ABC before buying from them. They'll take a decent percentage off the list price on the website if you just ask. The PTC knurl on it is very relevant to my interests as well.

I got about $150 off the web price just by ringing them. Recommend the quality and service of ABC to anybody...

I reckon the only thing I pay full price on is clothes, fuel and groceries...
I haggle on everything!! Lol

I just ordered another 10.

They are the best bang for buck bar.

I have a knurl done to the bars that are awesome, it provides awesome grip, but doesn't destroy your hands.

I asked for the PTC Brisbane knurling when I ordered mine and they had no probs :) don't even need chalk!!

I'm about to order one of the beasts as well, is the BOP220 the model people recommend for power lifting only?

I'm thinking black nitride with stainless sleeves and sticky's knurling, is this the go?

I think I read that the bar can take being dumped while deadlifting if dumped on to a platform, is this right?

thanks

Last edited:
Get black sleeves.

None on mine are scratched. Not sure what these other blokes are doing with them.

And yeah, Scott from Ptc brisbane a knurl.

Last edited:
Not used an ABC bar yet but i would still recommend them.

I have the alternative, the Texas bar and I'm not that excited by it and I think the Texas bars are more expensive anyway.

Do people have any recommendations or comments on knurling options for the ABC bar?

Did you not read the thread or something?Scott from PTC Brisbane= Best knurl, It's cut fine but grippier than sandpaper....

Did you not read the thread or something?Scott from PTC Brisbane= Best knurl, It's cut fine but grippier than sandpaper....

Yup... Good middle of the road... Am big fan...

Or you can get more knurling and it turns into a cheese grater... Say bye bye to the skin on your shins and your hands eh....

Unfortunately I don't have the room for a full home setup so I'm just going to slowly buy bits and pieces. I won't even be be doing dead lifts yet, just want something at home to a few basic things. Probably just a bar with a few plates for now, then may look at start buying fixed dumbbells.

When I do have the room I might even buy a proper dead lift bar. With that in mind I'll probably just buy the BOP220BN and not worry about dead lifting with it.

You guys recommend buying brand new? Or scab it off a gumtreer (I've found a few thats a bit rusty and used). Will I regret it later?
I wanna be buying a barbell set for mucking around at home in, trying out olympic moves and shit.