• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Canned tuna's Transformation 2012

Squats feel dat der good when you go deep!

Yesterday's diet was a fail lol... Got home after the gym and fell asleep before dinner

WPC, milk, oats - 90, 60, 25
Butternut buiscuts - 60, 4, 17
1 Can tuna - 0, 17, 7
2 x PB sandwhich - 40, 30, 40
Banana - 25, 1, 0
WPC water - 2, 30, 2
Mc D Double CB - 35, 25, 23
2 Cans tuna - 0, 35, 15
WPC water - 2, 30, 2

Total Macros 294 Carb, 231 Prot, 131 Fat

Will try do the count every day

Last edited:
Back day today

Pull ups wide grip
Pull ups close hammer grip
Pulldowns close hammer grip
Low DB row
Bent over row
Trap raises
Bi curls 21's

Today's diet

WPC, oats, milk - 90, 60, 25
Banana - 25, 1, 0
WPC water - 2, 30, 2
2 cans tuna - 3, 27, 12
WPC water - 2, 30, 2
PB sandwich - 25, 13, 13
PB sandwich - 25, 13, 13
2 glasses of milk - 25, 16, 18
Half box of shapes - 60, 11, 23
1 glass of milk - 12, 7, 7
San choi bau - 10, 50, 20
1 glass milk - 12, 7, 7

Total macros - 291 carb, 265 prot, 143 fat

Have felt full all day... Think I need another 50-100 carbs and maybe 50 less fat would be ideal
Perhaps cut the shapes biscuits (noooo) and substitute for more fruit (yeees)

Chest today.. half way through I started feeling light headed and parts of my vision just weren't there?? This went away in the shower and then I had a splitting headache for a couple hours until I downed some panadol

Focusing on intensity but not going nuts on the weight

Flat bb bench 8x60kg, 8 x 50kg, 8x40kg, 8x30kg
Incline DB 8x22.5kg, 8x15kg, 4x15kg (failure)
Dips 8, 6, 6, 2 (failure)
Tri pushdowns 8x35kg, 8x25kg, 8x15kg
Cable crossovers 4 sets 8 reps dropping weight
Tricep kickbacks 60 per arm x 4kg, 40 x 2kg

Pumped up

Diet .. Ate like a freak today. Have felt full/sick all day except after the orange. So much food!

WPC oats milk - 90, 60, 25
Banana - 25, 1, 0
PB sandwich - 25, 13, 13
Milk 1 glass - 12, 7, 7
Orange - 20, 1, 0
120gm almonds - 28, 30, 70
Milk 1 glass - 12, 7, 7
Schnitzel n chips - 75, 33, 25
Ham cheese toastie - 25, 45, 19
Small banana - 20, 0, 0
WPC water - 2, 30, 2
Mc D Double CB - 35, 25, 23
2 cans curry tuna - 6, 24, 20
Lasagne - 60, 25, 20

Total macros - 433 carb, 301 prot, 231 fat

Back day today

Pull ups wide grip
Pull ups close hammer grip
Pulldowns close hammer grip
Low DB row
Bent over row
Trap raises
Bi curls 21's

Today's diet

WPC, oats, milk - 90, 60, 25
Banana - 25, 1, 0
WPC water - 2, 30, 2
2 cans tuna - 3, 27, 12
WPC water - 2, 30, 2
PB sandwich - 25, 13, 13
PB sandwich - 25, 13, 13
2 glasses of milk - 25, 16, 18
Half box of shapes - 60, 11, 23
1 glass of milk - 12, 7, 7
San choi bau - 10, 50, 20
1 glass milk - 12, 7, 7

Total macros - 291 carb, 265 prot, 143 fat

Have felt full all day... Think I need another 50-100 carbs and maybe 50 less fat would be ideal
Perhaps cut the shapes biscuits (noooo) and substitute for more fruit (yeees)

Hey bud.

If you are trying hard to bulk, I'd personally consider dropping your fats to around 100 (as you mentioned) up those carbs to closer to 400 (as you mentioned) and possibly even lower the protein. I can't see you managing to utilise quite that much! That'd easily be 3G/kg of BW I would imagine.

You could always take up that caloric deficit by increasing your carbs even more. Nonetheless, you're doing not badly at all, looking at your dietary split.

Do you Deadlift, or did I just catch you on a Deadlift rest day?

In addition, have you tried pushing trap raises over to shoulders day? Considering that back day should be the most physically exhausting of your week, and you are generally primarily focussing on the upper traps, I find that I get a much better pump, and have increased strength and feel if performed on shoulders day.

I understand that you may have reasoning for not doing ANY of that (I haven't been to your thread for a few weeks) but just thought it would be food for thought.

Keep training though - 'the babes love it'
;-)

Sounds good mate, I usually do traps on shoulders day but sometimes sneak them in on other workouts

Yeah deadlifts are going well I think. Have progressed from struggling to move 1 plate/80kg four or five months ago, now I can move three plates/140kg :)

So approx 400 carb 200 prot 100 fat is good then? I'll go for it

Cheers

Update pics
1OhNs.jpg

You seem tensed up in the second pic where you're completly relaxed on the first one... Makes it harder to tell how much youve gained... Eat more though, whats your bw now compared to tge start of the year?

Yeah definitely failed at bulking over the last couple months. Besides a bit of yo-yo'ing weight I've ended up losing size and definition. Didn't approach it properly I guess

If I can stick to around 3.5k+ cals and follow dietary advice on here instead of just winging it I should get better results

Biggest improvements I've noticed are quads and lats, everything else is going quite slow..

Still, looking at strength and body weight since January, it's all been improving.
Put on about 3-4 kg since the start of year
Deadlifts have gone from 80kg-140kg
Incline DB bench from 20kg-30kg

Diet is an area of the equation ive got a lot to improve on..

You seem tensed up in the second pic where you're completly relaxed on the first one... Makes it harder to tell how much youve gained... Eat more though, whats your bw now compared to tge start of the year?

Started at 70-72, the last few times weighed I've been just over 75kg

Still aiming for 80kg

No disrespect tuna but the only obvious difference as far as I can see is that you are relaxed in the before shot and tensed up in the second shot :confused:
How can you fail at eating?

No disrespect tuna but the only obvious difference as far as I can see is that you are relaxed in the before shot and tensed up in the second shot :confused:
How can you fail at eating?

This is what l was trying to get at.... My "before" photos are all tensed as hard as l could so that way when l take my "after" shots trying to tense up to make the change look more dramatic you will see an 'true' change rather then before soft vs 1 year of training + tensing..... Apples/oranges

9ac7i.jpg

Not much visible change in the pics... quads bigger, abs coming up, arms a little thicker... tan is fading bahaha

I am certain my lats and squads are growing the most.

Where to go from here? Definitely need to pay equal attention to my pointy shoulders. Other than that, just keep at it with 3-4000calorie diet for more than one week and I should hopefully get better results

These may be two poses better to use, taken this week
ThEHY.jpg

E4u4r.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm... might need to step my game up a little. Your legs have made some decent progress where mine still look the same...

This has been a good week!
3500-4000 cals every day so far
Established an okay squat 1rm, ass to knee level at 90kg
Aside from the 1rm test I'm just training for hypertrophy again and I am seeing gains.
Back on the creatine which I have neglected for a long while