• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WoodyAllen

There are two platforms. Platform 1 has replay and multiple camera angles. Platform 2 is more agricultural with just one fixed camera and no replays. Both have commentary.

http://goodlift.info/live.php

Look out for Jezza Upea, Ray Williams and Kelly Branton this weekend, sunday 1.30pm (Houston texas time).

Lightweight ladies were awesome. Under 52kg girls deadlifting up to 175kg.

Scoresheets from previous days:

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/cha...-classic-powerlifting-championships-2016.html

Askow Andrew. Junior (1994), USA, 169kg bodyweight. 366-225-315. Total 906. 496 Wilks.

Cameron McKenzie, from Australia (Junior, 120kg class), went for a 367kg deadlift on his third attempt to have a go at gold. Got it above the knee but could not lock out. His Australian record is about 340kg. He could have gone for less to get silver, but champions wanna dat dere gold bling.

Some great lifting happening.

Sergey Fedosienko.
227.5 squat
171 bench
271 deadlift
669.5kg total

What, you may ask, is so good about that?

He's 58.48kg.

Askow Andrew. Junior (1994), USA, 169kg bodyweight. 366-225-315. Total 906. 496 Wilks.

Cameron McKenzie, from Australia (Junior, 120kg class), went for a 367kg deadlift on his third attempt to have a go at gold. Got it above the knee but could not lock out. His Australian record is about 340kg. He could have gone for less to get silver, but champions wanna dat dere gold bling.

Some great lifting happening.
I had dinner with this kid in canberra back in march? I think. He was there to win. He'll fucking hate that he didnt win! A fierce competitor for certain, but at the same time a truly good bloke.

We actually met (probably doesnt remember me now - pleb haha) in the warmup area by him coming up behind me and grabbing my shoulders/freaking me out! Haha.

See JP Cauchi broke the WR for deadlift also...strong kunce! Also a good bloke, trains at our gym when he is in town (his girlfriend is from wollongong.

And how about that American Monster Ray Williams!! Fuck!

1043kg total. WR IPF total.
438/245/360. Had a red hot go at 375.5 too....

Jezza Uepa also entertaining with a scratch over 1000kg himself.

Two totals over 1000kg in a tested meet.

Tim.

Pity Jezza missed his last squat. It would have been really nail biting at the final deadlift.

Bottom line from this year's Worlds is that raw lifting is maturing very quickly. Past champions struggled to get on the podium. Crazy weights handled by the 83 & 93kg classes. Podium winners all had wilks points in the 500's or high 400's. Rocking up and getting 420 wilks won't get you in the door.

Yeah, JP and Cameron are great guys. Actually, I don't know of anyone in the Australian team that is afflicted with arseholeitis. All good people, girls as well.

JP coached me on the day (Monday) and did a great job. First time I have ever just let go and let someone else to all the weight choices (except my openers), all the warm up weights and timing for the same. It was a great relief to just focus on my breathing and stress levels. I had no idea where I was in the lifting order or even my total. Just get up and lift when ordered.

My track suit got caught up in the mail somewhere. Cameron was good enough to lend me his tracks suit for the medal ceremony. I only peed in it a little but I did dry it out in the sun and there was only a faint yellow stain.

Both JP and Cameron (and others on the team, such as Dave Keong) helped out on the platform or coached out back. Would have been nice to have stayed for the whole comp but work dragged me back.

Texas was a great state to have the event. "Y'all come back now, yahear?" and "Have a blessed day". While the british have "God, Queen, Country", Texas has "God, Texas, USA". Very patriotic lot. Nice to be able to buy a pump action shotgun in Walmart. And the blackened catfish was soooooooo good.

Pity Jezza missed his last squat. It would have been really nail biting at the final deadlift.

Bottom line from this year's Worlds is that raw lifting is maturing very quickly. Past champions struggled to get on the podium. Crazy weights handled by the 83 & 93kg classes. Podium winners all had wilks points in the 500's or high 400's. Rocking up and getting 420 wilks won't get you in the door.

Yeah, JP and Cameron are great guys. Actually, I don't know of anyone in the Australian team that is afflicted with arseholeitis. All good people, girls as well.

JP coached me on the day (Monday) and did a great job. First time I have ever just let go and let someone else to all the weight choices (except my openers), all the warm up weights and timing for the same. It was a great relief to just focus on my breathing and stress levels. I had no idea where I was in the lifting order or even my total. Just get up and lift when ordered.

My track suit got caught up in the mail somewhere. Cameron was good enough to lend me his tracks suit for the medal ceremony. I only peed in it a little but I did dry it out in the sun and there was only a faint yellow stain.

Both JP and Cameron (and others on the team, such as Dave Keong) helped out on the platform or coached out back. Would have been nice to have stayed for the whole comp but work dragged me back.

Texas was a great state to have the event. "Y'all come back now, yahear?" and "Have a blessed day". While the british have "God, Queen, Country", Texas has "God, Texas, USA". Very patriotic lot. Nice to be able to buy a pump action shotgun in Walmart. And the blackened catfish was soooooooo good.

Last edited:
some great lifts by masters lifters.

I find it hard to believe they are not assisted, but yes they are tested.

Yeah good stuff.

with the spotting and I apologize for digressing.
why not just have one bloke behind only?
it just looks awful when spotters have no affect.

if the squatter is struggling he could just dump the bar behind himself, I know it's bad for the bar but what's more important here?

Yeah good stuff.

with the spotting and I apologize for digressing.
why not just have one bloke behind only?
it just looks awful when spotters have no affect.

if the squatter is struggling he could just dump the bar behind himself, I know it's bad for the bar but what's more important here?
Or just use a monolift with slings....imagine that. With an appropriate setup they could still walk them out if thats what they want.

Even if its not a monolift but some other saftey system.

Its always a concern when i walk out to squat and see a spotter weighing about as much as my left leg.

Tim.