• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Has anyone lost a large amount of weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i suggested a salad dressing

olive oil , garlic viniger oregano..

Is it any wonder why mediterranian countries are healthier then us?

I have to say it but caucausians have no idea about food and how to eat what so ever...

And no you dont want to try and get the fatout of tuna??

UHT milk is rubbish, buy organic unhomogonised milk use stevia to sweeten things.

SUGAR will kill you

Im a bit confused about your logic, your going to buy bread , but you are concerned about eating carrots because of carbs??

You have to sit down and literally think about what is going into your mouth...

If we didnt eat it 100 years ago then generally it would be wise to avoid it...

100 years ago i dont think people were obese

Our genetics havnt changed in 100 years much yet our food has, Seriously people you have to engage brains sometimes and look at things simplisticly...

Sandwiches provide very little proper nutritional content compared to other choices...

Flavoured tuna can be a double edged sword though if its the only way you will eat it then that is fine

Anything you are going to do is better then what you have been doing, because if you had of been doing the right things you would not be in the situation you are in now..

(Breakfast) Meal 1 - oats / glass of milk with oats/ fruit - 8AM

Meal 2 - fruit - 10AM

(Lunch) Meal 3 - Tin of tuna / salad - 12PM

Meal 4 - nuts / or glass of skim milk - 3PM

(Dinner) Meal 5 - Tuna / 2 pieces wholemeal bread / vegetables - 6PM

Meal 6 - carrot / celery - 8PM

It seems like a lot of food...

I was about to say wow your not eating much are you??

Quantity wise it would be alot more food to what you are used to because processed food is calorie rich so eat less = more calories i dont think anyone ever got fat eating veggies salad and olive oil!

You need varied vegetables

Vegetables.jpg

I want you eating majority of those everyday! - **** the potato off

Last edited:
I have a weekly shopping list atm of Steak, Chicken Breast, Tuna (185g tins), Broccoli, Cauliflower, Milk, Bananas.

That is the base shopping list. When I get sick of Broccoli and Cauliflower, I buy stuff for a Salad. Baby Spinach, Tomato, Mushrooms, Red Capsicum, Avocado.

Throw some Olive Oil on the veggies or salad, and a bit of White Balsamic Vinegar.

A days meal plan for me right now is usually:

2 scoop WPI Shake w/ milk + Banana
Chicken and Veg
Tuna and Veg
Steak and Veg
Cottage Cheese before bed

Feel myself getting lighter, strength gains still going up (albeit slowly, but what can you expect?)

I also have a WPI in milk after a workout.

My basic serving size is pretty simple. 2 'brances' of decent size per veg (4 in total) and meat serving should be able to fit into a 185g tuna can.

It is so easy its not even funny. I cook everything up the night before and take it to work with me. Sucks to not have a freezer.

(Breakfast) Meal 1 - oats / glass of milk with oats/ fruit - 8AM

Meal 2 - fruit - 10AM

(Lunch) Meal 3 - Tin of tuna / salad - 12PM

Meal 4 - nuts / or glass of skim milk - 3PM

(Dinner) Meal 5 - Tuna / 2 pieces wholemeal bread / vegetables - 6PM

Meal 6 - carrot / celery - 8PM

Much better than your current eating but you are not getting enough food.

You want to take in about 1800 calories and then you want to exercise for about 300-500 calories per day (walking, weights, anything planned do as many sessions as you want a day just look to expend that amount). Do that to start with and you will lose weight and gradually get fitter and healthier. You can not go too extreme as you are a high risk for complications. After a month evaluate your weight loss and adjust you calorie intake, if you lose 2kgs you could drop more calories (250) if you dont lose anything and have been sticking to the plan you drop 500 (if this happens then you wouldn't have been sticking to the plan), if you lose 4-6kg then keep doing what you are doing and re-evaluate the next month and so on.

Rework your plan and get some cookbooks (look through the net for high protein low processed carb healthy cookbooks) you need to learn how to cook for yourself to make healthy meals you will stick with. Work out your calories per meal and stop intaking calories from drinks, that includes milk for you it is not going to help you feel full and lose weight, someone who wants to put on mass can drink milk that is not you.

I went and got:
Wholemeal bread
Beans (I'm going to use them as a snack type meal)
Almonds
Low fat skim milk --- ok maybe that was a bad choice
Zucchini --- yuck
Carrots
Apples

I forgot to get olives i was going to put them in a salad

Is multigrain bread better than wholemeal bread? Too late i got wholemeal but i would like to know for future.:D

The tuna looked like it had oil in the water so i thought i should squeeze that out? Should i leave the fat there?

I'm not a good cook. I like things really simple and routine. If i can print something out and see what i have to eat every day. I can do it. I think the tuna is good for me because i don't need to cook it and can dump it on some wholemeal bread. Plus it's fast.

I usually have the tuna on white bread with no veggies, when i added all that sprouts stuff and cucumber last night... i struggled to eat it.

Is it ok to use flora margarine? It says it reduces cholesterol...

I'm not looking forward to the weekend. I have a family thing on and everyone always brings me food as gifts because they know i like food. I feel embarrassed and rude to say "don't bring me any food"

I don't like saying i am on a diet, it's really awkward.

If the meals i planned isn't enough food. What about if i had cottage cheese with the celery and carrot? Like fill the celery with cottage cheese and eat it like that?

It's doing my head in that i have to eat more food than i already eat. I will try it for a month and see what happens. An experiment.

I've got an exercise bike... i think i should use that too, but i am going to try that thing where they ride really fast and hard for 60 seconds and then stop, rest and go again. Intervals? I saw it on the Biggest Loser.

Last edited:
Intervals is one of the ideas presented in this thread, train hard rest, train hard rest. 15 minutes a day on a bike for you is enough. 30 seconds sprint 60 rest 10 times. Bang you have done some exercise for the day, go and walk for half an hour later in the day and your set. Next day do some weights and go for a 30 minute walk. Do that everyday and then have one day off of hard exercise a week. BUT make sure you stop if you notice any bad signs like dizziness, chest pains, light headedness, vomiting feeling. Breathing hard or having sore muscles is not a bad sign remember that, unless it happens when you are doing nothing.

Margarine is bad for you try to have bread without it, it is not that hard. Eat a salad on the side instead of in the tuna sandwich.

Do not tell your family you are on a DIET you are EATING HEALTHY, i repeat you are not on a DIET you are EATING HEALTHY. Also your family should be supporting you if they do not, get a new one... just joking. Talk to them about it and tell them how you want to change as you are not happy.

I have tried so many things that would make you think what the?:confused::confused:

I even tried to copy what anorexics eat. I found a place where anorexics talk about their daily eating plan so i just copied that. That's the time i got to like 70 kilos or below.

And one time i did a detox that involved drink half a cup of olive oil and lemon juice. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

If i can do all that i must have it in me to do this.

:):):)
Hey i weighed myself today and i was like 120 kilos. Probably water weight or something. I am going to weigh myself at the same time every week so i know the exact difference.

Do you think i should measure myself?

N00b that makes so much sense about eating what they ate 100 years ago. I saw a program called "the diet that time forgot" or something like that. They basically got a bunch of fat people from the UK and dumped them in this little mountain village in some far away place. There was no fat people in this village and they didn't die of heart disease or anything.

The fat people had to live like the village people. It was pretty interesting. The UK people got a chance to cook for the village people and the village people were shocked by the foods. They said if they ate that they would be fat too.

I know you will still do this every week but make sure you give at least 2 weeks before adjusting anything due what the scales say. You can look because I know you still will but keep in mind weight loss is long term and not a weekly thing.

Intervals were talked about here? Maybe i heard about it here instead of the biggest loser then lol. I put my little weights next to my bed and when i woke up i did about 5 mins of playing around with them. Not much but it's a start.

My exercise bike is my clothes rack. It cost me sooo much money too. I should probably use it. I would have spent a fortune on all these crazy diets over the years.

Ok.. no more diets. Healthy eating. :)

Losing weight is fun once you see the numbers going down. I can't wait to see my first loss. :):)

I'm going to read all this stuff again.

Dave i have a bad habit of weighing myself non stop when i am losing weight. Then if i see that i have gained something, i get into a negative head space and lose motivation. Especially if i think i've worked hard all week and i've gained or only lost 100grams.

I'll try not to weigh myself again until tuesday but i probably will 100 times. I can't break all my habits at once... :eek:

I really appreciate all your help Dave, N00b and everyone else. Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably heard about it on there as I haven't used that term but if you reread the posts you will see a similar description.
Posted via Mobile Device

I ate tuna and salad on a wholemeal roll thing. It made me feel sick. Too much healthy stuff lol. It had snow pea shoots, cucumber, tomato, sprouts.

I had some almonds too.. and more water. Water makes me feel sick too. My body is going "what is all this stuff?" I don't want to eat again. When i did some weights i felt like throwing up. That must be because i had eaten before right?

Must stick to it and get some discipline. A friend tried to make me drink juice... they were like "try this" ... i said no i can't drink juice anymore. Then they said "come on a little taste won't hurt!", and kept going on and on...

It was hard to resist

But you did and then told your friend look I am trying my hardest to be healthy please don't offer me anything you know I will not want to eat.

Me I would have said to my friends f off i don't want it so don't offer it to me. But guys are different

I went and got:
Wholemeal bread
Beans (I'm going to use them as a snack type meal)
Almonds
Low fat skim milk --- ok maybe that was a bad choice
Zucchini --- yuck
Carrots
Apples

I forgot to get olives i was going to put them in a salad

Is multigrain bread better than wholemeal bread? Too late i got wholemeal but i would like to know for future.:D

The tuna looked like it had oil in the water so i thought i should squeeze that out? Should i leave the fat there?

I'm not a good cook. I like things really simple and routine. If i can print something out and see what i have to eat every day. I can do it. I think the tuna is good for me because i don't need to cook it and can dump it on some wholemeal bread. Plus it's fast.

I usually have the tuna on white bread with no veggies, when i added all that sprouts stuff and cucumber last night... i struggled to eat it.

Is it ok to use flora margarine? It says it reduces cholesterol...

I'm not looking forward to the weekend. I have a family thing on and everyone always brings me food as gifts because they know i like food. I feel embarrassed and rude to say "don't bring me any food"

I don't like saying i am on a diet, it's really awkward.

If the meals i planned isn't enough food. What about if i had cottage cheese with the celery and carrot? Like fill the celery with cottage cheese and eat it like that?

It's doing my head in that i have to eat more food than i already eat. I will try it for a month and see what happens. An experiment.

I've got an exercise bike... i think i should use that too, but i am going to try that thing where they ride really fast and hard for 60 seconds and then stop, rest and go again. Intervals? I saw it on the Biggest Loser.

I want you to do 1 thing please

forget everything you think you know about health and start over we will help you as best you can but society has poisoned you mind with incorrect knowledge..

you need to look at Why you are using margarine to start with?

LDL cholesterol is increased from sugar and saturated fats.

Cholesterol is so dam important to your health that 85% of your total cholesterol level is made from your liver! 15%is dietary.

Now what do you think causes your body to make more 'bad' cholesterol? Saturared fat and sugar...

Margarine is an abomination and is basically soft plastic.

Margarine contains hydroganised plant oils.. Im not going to get into a chemical lesson but basically they blast it with hydrogen under pressure the atoms join at uncontrolled places causes certain bonds between the atoms and this results in ... trans fat...

If you need margarine to glide a sandwich down your throat then you are probably dehydrated and feel you need butter or margarinebecause of lack of saliva.

I sitll dont understand why you are drianing tuna for oil but will still eat a loaf of bread?

Problem with bread is will you stop with 1 slice?

Skim milk is ok i would not have much, with out the fat present it has a higher effect on blood sugar as digestion is quicker...

You will not know yourself if you stick to this..

Rome wasnt built in a day and neither was your current body...

Diet is a terrible word it implies that it is temporary... and that when you get to say 55kg or whatever that you can go back to how you were...

Last edited:
Hey Dave thanks for all that advice. I'm kind of getting excited now!

The PTC article was a bit offensive, because it's brutal truth.

The only thing i don't agree with is 500grams loss a week. I guess he is talking about healthier people though and 1-2kilos would be ok for me.

I don't think i should eat 250-500 grams of protein a day either. He said to have 4grams of protein per 1kg of weight. Or half that if you are lazy lol

I read that you shouldn't eat tuna more than 2 times a fortnight due to the mercury levels, but i see some body builders eat a couple of tins of tuna per day.

What's the right info?

It's all so confusing:eek::eek:

When someone is so obese, the ratio of protein totally changes. You are incredibly weak, stating 5kg DB's are too heavy.

You may 60% bodyfat, so you need to take protein for your LEAN mass, which may be as low as 50kg.

This is where your problems begin.

You obviously know nothing about exercise or nutrition.

First thing you should do is to stop questioning anyone, assume that everyone knows more than you.

All the advice posted so far is good, stop typing and do some exercise.

Best form is to empty your kitchen of EVERYTHING in it.

Then go and buy tuna, steak, chicken breast, vegies.

I'm not sure you'll find your cure here, but good luck anyway.

I have had experience with 2 obese clients that were physically weak, very, very difficult for long term fat loss as they cant lift anything. Strong obese people make the best progress.

The reason your weak is the type of diets you've followed and lack of activity. Youve made it real hard for yourself, you actually have very little muscle tissue.

Good luck.

dont get offended at PTC's newsletters or posts. its hte brutal truth and you know it. we all do. as said.. find something program/ diet and do it.. do it consisntently with effort and the results will come. there is no doubt about that.

I just want to clarify a few things. This may not help you, but the information needs to be out there.

Firstly, you want to lose 2kg a week. All weight loss from now on needs to be fat. You have very little muscle tissue as demonstrated by your effort with 5kg DB's.

Two kilograms of fat total 18,000 calories. Lets assume you go on a 2000 calorie a day diet. Thats 14,000 calories a week. You can lose 500 calories per hour training. You wont be able to as your not strong enough, so you may lose 200. If you exercise 7 days a week ( you wont ) thats another 1,400 calories. So your 14,000 calorie intake minus 1,400 lost through exercise leaves you at 12,600 calories total intake.

How the f u c k do you think you can lose 18,000 calories of fat? the 500gms start to make sense now doesnt it? Thats only 4500 calories per week. Even 1kg of fat is 9000 calories, and your only eating 12,600. That leaves you with 3,600 calories a week, or 514 calories a day. If you brush your teeth, you go over.

You can go on a starvation diet, but thats what has caused your problems. Muscle tissue determines our basic metabolic rate, and you have very little due to your lack of training to build any. Weight training is critical for a person in your condition.

The first 2 weeks on a diet devoid of processed food will lead to a 10-15kg weight loss, nearly all will be water, you wont look any different, so all numbers come after the first 2 weeks.

Did you even know how many calories in a kilogram of fat?

So what about people who do shake diets and no exercise and get down to a healthy weight. The shake diets work out at about 1100 calories a day. When they are down to the healthy weight.. are you telling me they haven't lost hardly any fat? How does that work?

They lose at a rate of 1-2 kilos a week mostly. I've seen it done. What are they losing if none of it is fat? And how do they survive if it's all muscle and other stuff they have lost?

Those people usually don't start working out until the end of their weightloss... so it confuses me when you say that you can only lose 500grams of fat a week.

What about the winner of biggest loser.. she went from 120 or there abouts and now she is in the 60's. What did she lose if it's only possible to lose 500grams of fat a week?

She lost over 50 kilos in 3 months. Was it 44 kilos of muscle and 6 kilos of fat? Do we even have that much muscle in our bodies?:confused::confused:

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be smart here. I'm honestly confused about what the other "stuff" is that we lose.

So what about people who do shake diets and no exercise and get down to a healthy weight.

They stay at a 'healthy' weight for about a week before they get stuck into Maccas and Dominos again.

I bet theyd all be weak as sh it and struggle trying to pick up the Big Mac too.

I know there is heaps of calories in a kilo of fat. I have seen it demonstrated on numerous programs. They ask the fat people if they want some cake or if they want to ride 4 hours on a bike or something crazy like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.