• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
ey Danny,

Which Cricket Club do you play for? You looking at playing it as a career? Maybe next Brad Haddin or Gilchrist? :p

ey Danny,

Which Cricket Club do you play for? You looking at playing it as a career? Maybe next Brad Haddin or Gilchrist? :p

I'll be playing at Heathmont this year, hopefully play with my brother in the ones, but hey who knows, could have a shocker!

Didn't play last year, which was unfortunate, with the knee. Career, no haha! I play competitively, but also realise that i need to do something else.

What about yourself mate?

I'll be playing at Heathmont this year, hopefully play with my brother in the ones, but hey who knows, could have a shocker!

Didn't play last year, which was unfortunate, with the knee. Career, no haha! I play competitively, but also realise that i need to do something else.

What about yourself mate?

Ahh thats fair enough, i used to play a lot, during school, weekends etc basically everyday but never joined up a club, although i did get a lot of offers from people/clubs to join them. Didn't end up joining cause of my condition, and being a fast bowler doesn't help. Whose your favourite player? Mines Brett Lee, although i admire all fast bowlers who consistently clock over 150kph :) awesome fast bowler, but going through a crap load of injuries which is sad.

Last edited:
Hey Danny,
Has anyone told you being a keeper with a recoed ACL is probably not the best idea?

Not necessarily mate, do you have any experience or know of any similar stories?

I have started training, and it feels decent structurally, although the muscles require a lot of attention (at the beck of the knee).

anyway, i'm off to the gym!

Your ACL is designed to stop your tibia moving in front of your humerous, constant squatting for a protracted length of time (as a keeper has to do) will stress/stretch the ACL constantly. If you have gone through a good rehab program and are there strength wise then you should be fine, if you haven't get your knees strong or you could get into trouble.
Posted via Mobile Device

Name: Dan
Training experience: On and off for a few years, but just started to get into it

Reason I joined ausbb because I saw all the good advice and I know it will help my training alot by being apart of it

Hey y'all!

Name: Dan, damn popular name eh!
Training Experience: Used to be a sports nut and played for various state teams, represented aus in jnrs(rugby, squash), so training was based on althletic ability rather then physique. Now have decided to go a pure mass direction and just build size while also feeding my ego to decent strength gains and maybe in the future hit up a power meet or two.

You sound like an active person Muzzi.

What position do you play in rugby?

BTW squash KICKS ASS!!!!!!!

"past tense" brother! lol
Year 12 came along, became a nerd, dropped everything and then the hardcore partying started unfortunetly.
Time to kick it back into gear again.
Fullback but dont mind five-eigth either.
Mate the intensity of sqaush is damn unparalled to any other sport damnit! lol

"past tense" brother! lol
Year 12 came along, became a nerd, dropped everything and then the hardcore partying started unfortunetly.
Time to kick it back into gear again.
Fullback but dont mind five-eigth either.
Mate the intensity of sqaush is damn unparalled to any other sport damnit! lol

For this sin you will not be taken seriously on this forum!! That said, I've never played a game in my life!! :D :p :p

My old gym used to have a squash court I'd play in after training, it is so freakin AWESOME despite not really knowing rules, just trying to pull out all of the dog shots to win the point!

What kind of stuff are you doing in the weight room currently??

For this sin you will not be taken seriously on this forum!! That said, I've never played a game in my life!! :D :p :p

My old gym used to have a squash court I'd play in after training, it is so freakin AWESOME despite not really knowing rules, just trying to pull out all of the dog shots to win the point!

What kind of stuff are you doing in the weight room currently??

haha get into it, that open age stuff is hell fun!

In terms of weights doing a push,legs,pull split both am and pm.
Got nothing better to do so giving that a shot.
Iam cursed/blessed with meso/endo traits so iam literally contstantly hungry and can eat a horse, its foal and the foal inside the horse for a snack, so the twice daily's let me eat that lil bit more!

Looking at strength am and higher reps more hypertrophy based pm.

Hey everyone, new here figured I'd do a little intro.

- Name: Mitch
- Training experience: Just about 3 years now.
- Any Interests: Moving heavy things, old cars/bikes, music. Also House is hilarious.

I guess I'll go from the start. I used to be a state level tennis player 4-5 years ago and it was really all I did. I had back problems for a while but when I was 18 it got quite a bit worse, long story short turns out I have mild arthritis and general degredation of the lower back. Years of competitive level training and muscle imbalance will do that.

Anyway, that pretty much ended my tennis career and I decided to get to the gym for a bit of excersize. I'd gone a bit for tennis, but it was mainly with "fresh" trainers getting a learning curb, which they figured mainly running/cardio was the go.

Fast forward to today, and I've been at it on my own trying to learn all I can, get stronger and better each time and happened to find a love for lifting heavy things. I was told by my doc and physio to take it VERY easy in the gym, now I'm a stubborn sort so I didn't really listen which I'm glad I did. I'm the strongest and fittest I've ever been now and my back doesn't bother me what so ever anymore. All muscle imbalances are almost worked out and things are looking up.

I've decided to try my hand at Powerlifting and would like to get to a Raw Elite total by the time I'm 23, which may be quite an ask but I think it's do-able.

Current stats are:

Hieght: 6"2
Weight:100kg (aiming for 90-95kg)
SQ:180kg
B: 135kg (Last tested 6 months ago)
D: 210kg
Total: 525kg.

"Note: These are all gym lifts, not competition"

I figure I'll keep up training for the rest of the year, see where I stand and go from there. If any local comps come up in the mean time I'll happily enter, but not a whole lot tends to happen up North from my knowledge!

Sorry for the essay, ladies and gents.

Cheers,

-Mitch.

Hello everyone, im new here. I post on other Bodybuilding forums also but im more of a lurker and read info rather than post it.

- Name: Laurie
- Training experience: Ive been training off/ on (mostly off) for roughly 3 years now. Im trying to stay focused and set my self short-term goals to keep me actively lifting.
- Any Interests: Lifting weights, strength training, MTB riding, spearfishing, snorkeling, music and my pet snake.

Current stats:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 82kg
Squat: 140kg
Bench: 110kg
Dead lift: 2x180kg
Total: 430kg

"Note: These lifts were preformed in my home gym, not in competition"

Light Weight.

Last edited: