• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Jack is the clown I told to do the 130kg squat program, so he squatted 130kg x 5 lol

He got real strong real quick without us noticing

He failed 40kg x 5 bench when he started a few months ago, reps 100kg now

Welcome Jack.

Thank you sir.
Yeah, I wont forget that night in a hurry haha
You didn't notice? Fuck I've hardly noticed either, its just happened

- Name: Joe
- Training experience:

I have been training on and off for a year, no real experience before that. First a couple of months messing around on a treadmill and isolation exercises, then a local bootcamp, then I found Rip and Starting Strength. I was lucky enough to find a good PT who could coach the compound exercises however injuries put me out of action for a bit.

I have just rebooted and started SS again with a home gym setup (thanks Gymdirect), I'm looking forward to some real strength gains over the next few months. I look at last year as a practice run to find my direction, this next year is the real deal.

I am inspired by the training diaries and stories on this forum and am slowly getting through the PTC newsletters. I figure by posting a training log and interacting it will keep me motivated and on track. I am looking forward to learning from you all.

- Name: Andrew
- Training experience:

Been training consistantly for about 6 years nows (well consistanct when I am not injured). I tried a bit of general lifting to start then moved into powerlifting. Managed to qualify for nationals before recking my shoulder and not being able to compete. Since not being able to bench I started training strongman and loving it.
I have an am learning some big lessons about balance in your body. I paid the price with my shoulder not being balanced in the upper body and now I am learning about balance in the hip area (back pain and pelvic tilt).
Balancing out your physique is something that everyone should know and that is what I try to tell people who are starting out.

Introduction

Hi

I'm a 27 guy, I've been in Australia (from UK) for just over a couple of years now.

Based in Yagoona, West of Sydney and work for a big insurance company in the city.

I've been training since I was about 17, when I played to go into the army, but plans changed. Then until about 22 I was a serious rower, so training was focused on that. After uni I've pretty much just done weights / cardio.

Joined fitness first when i first got here as there was one opposite my flat and one downstairs from my work at the time. Although I hated it, it was too busy, too many posers and the equipment varied from one to the other.

About a year ago, after living out west for a while, I built my own gym in my garage.

Cable cross over, lat pull/seated row, dip/leg raise, smith machine, bars and dumbbells and other stuff...I've got some chains etc for VRT and ropes etc for ab training etc.

In the process of buying a house with a double garage, so that means more equipment!! YAY! So getting a power cage, probably the MMPR, and 7ft bar to compliment.

Training has been a bit off and on teh last few months, new job etc, got a puppy (8kg at 8 weeks, 28kg at 6 months!!). So looking to impliment a strength program in the next couple of weeks. Still training, just not always as long as i'd like!

Weight: 90kg
1RM bench: 140kg
DL: 180kg
Squat:160kg
C&P: 85kg

Other than training, I like spending time with my GF and 3 dogs, and recently looking at houses (so painful).

Joined the site to share tips with different people, get some new ideas and just pass some time.

Look forward to posting!

Hello again...been a while since last posted but have kept an eye on the site. In the past 8 months I have gained 5 kg, lost 5kg and now have regained 5kg and a whole new way of eating (4000cal per day min) and training...it's awesome and it's working. Glad to be back!
Weight: 44.9kg this morning Goal 48kg
Bench: 55kg Goal - 60kg by xmas
Squat: 60kg Goal - open

- Name - Dale
- Age -
- Gender -
M
- Location -
Bendigo / Woodend
- Training experience (if you have any that is) -
Played around with weights for a couple of years but last year have been getting serious
- Any Interests -
Cricket, footy

Gday all

Name: Andy
Interests: All sports, travelling

Bit of background. Always played heaps of sports at reasonably high levels so have been pretty fit my whole life. Have recently retired from all competitive sport and don't want to sit back and become a whinging old ex player full of useless advice to the young blokes coming through ;) so have decided to try and get stuck in and get into the best shape of my life. i come from the country originally and off a farm so by the time you worked yr a*&e off all week and played sport on the weekends it didn't leave anytime or energy for hitting the gym. I did leave the farm and got a "normal" kind of job so to speak and got stuck into boxing which i loved. It's only been recently though that i've started using weights in any sense and that is only dumbells. Not in a rush as i still want to have a good balance now that my weekends aren't taken up playing sport but it would be nice to ease into my forties in really good nick. I work from home and have been hammering P90X if anyone is familiar with it and have been enjoying it and i've been seeing some good results with fat loss and muscle increasing. I'm 6'4 bout 100kg now and am keen to get lean as i have a little bit of flab. Not much, just a bit on my gut which is slowly going with my workouts and diet. I think i'd like to lose another 5 - 7 kg or so. My fitness is definitely good at the moment so now it is time to really cut the last of the fat that i have and build some more lean muscle. I had a bad car accident years ago and although i'm pretty much back to 100% certain movements do test the knees out. So all in all, not looking to become a massive unit but just be healthy, lean in a muscular way and fit. Any hints tips etc on burning that last bit of fat quicker than normal / supplements / diet that can help will def be appreciated but i'll be scouring the forum as i know all the info will be in there anyway plus i haven't got into my diet and workout plan at all either. i'll just be trying to eat clean which i think i do now anyway, workout and slowly but surely get to my goal. All the best to everyone for festive season. Cheers Andy

Thought I better stop lurking and say g'day. Found this site through the ns.com forum. Was looking up some old programs they had there.

Name: Daniel
Interests: Property Investing, shares, cars, flying
Training Experience: Have not trained properly in some time (3 years). Would classify myself as a beginner. I live across the road from the gym, plus have a gym 10 metres from my office at work so looking to get into it properly.

Have started the beginner workout and on Fadi's 3200 cal diet and loving it. Looking to get a lot stronger over the next few months then burn some of this fat off.

Will look to jump across and start up a training diary now.

- Name : Dave
- Training Experience : Beginner. Home dumbbell/bodyweight workouts.

I joined Ausbb because as a software developer I'm getting quite unfit. Current goals are body fat percentage reduction, improving core muscles to fix poor posture and improving upper body strength.

- Name : Dave
- Training Experience : Beginner. Home dumbbell/bodyweight workouts.

I joined Ausbb because as a software developer I'm getting quite unfit. Current goals are body fat percentage reduction, improving core muscles to fix poor posture and improving upper body strength.

Gday Dave, i'm a newbie on here too but just saw that you do home dumbell and bodyweight workouts. Not sure if you know about p90x but I've been doing it and had good results so far. It's a lot of exercises that aren't really new but it does give a structured routine and takes about an hour each day 6 days a week and comes with nutrition plans and meal ideas. can't remember what i paid for it but i think it was about 80 bucks and has been worth every cent. it's definitely full on and not one of those cruisy home workouts. anyway mate i just thought i'd throw my 2 cents worth in when i saw you are into dumbells and bodyweight exercises. there are plenty of transformations etc on youtube if you are interested. all the best

For the long-term sustainability of this forum I propose a population-control policy similar to what China uses, but with a twist..... only 1 Dave per state. Without it we will quickly spiral into a shambolic mess.

First in best dressed is the only fair system. For Victoria...

Mod Dave - gone
Fart Dave - gone
Hyjak - stays

Name: Chris
Interests: Cars, DJing and Music, F1
Training Experience: Have been training on and off for a few years now, inconsistent at times due to sickness, injury and Uni, but you get that. Have been backpacking through Europe since July (i.e. No training whatsoever), and have just settled in London, and am getting back into lifting. I came across AusBB from Ns.com, having competed in a few PTC comps in the past.

PB lifts @ ~100kg
Squat: 200kg
Bench: 122.5kg
Dead: 260kg
Clean: 107.5kg
OH: 125kg

Chris squatted 200kg at PTC without a belt, very strong boy.

Welcome Chris, when are you back?????

55.jpg

50.jpg

35.jpg

25.jpg

Last edited:
- Name: Dusty
- Training experience: none really
- Any Interests: LOve cars, have an SR Toyota sprinter at the moment and getting into tattooing a fair bt now too.

Joined up here cause Markus posted a thing up on a car forum, so thought I would join up to try and absorb as much as possible, and hopefully motivate me again.
weighed 65kg a year and a half ago and got upto nearly 80kg a few weeks ago, but have been getting regular tattoo sessions and trying to recover form them (yeh pussy I know) and have dropped back down to 75 :(
Want to eventually get to around 85kg I think, but see what I think once I get there.
Been doing Markus' skinny guy routine since I started and it is helping heaps, just need to stick at it properly

Welcome big fella, most of ns.com has come across, youve done well with the weight gain.

Who's doing your ink?

Welcome to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

Keep in mind that it's always better to post whatever question that you might have in one of the related categories

Welcome big fella, most of ns.com has come across, youve done well with the weight gain.

Who's doing your ink?

Thanks mate, but still at 6'2" I'm still a streak of pelican shit haha.
Macca down at monkey magik in frankston is doing mine, if there is a tattoo thread here I might throw up some pics

Hi Everyone

My name is Stephen

Just joined the forum after hearing about the Pro RawPowerlifting competition that Markos is running.

I have been training since December 2008 at the Musclepit in Perth W.A.
I had decided to try my hand at powerlifting at the age of 42 (not that age has anything to do with it) and was lucky enough to find a powerlifting friendly gym run by Henry Day who has provided invaluable training advice since the day I joined.

I train using the Westside template and have been slowly increasing my core lifts and have finally hit a couple of milestones that have been bugging me since I started training:
  • Deadlift of 220kg - finally acheived this last friday (it was gym lift but I'm still going to count it and it equals my equipped lift from the Nationals)
  • I have got my bodyweight up to 71.5kg - bloody hell its taken a while but finally there - the goal is 82.5kg so I've got a long way ahead but I will get there.
Take care everyone and get strong