• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Re: Hello

Hi
This is Charlies..
Cool going guy currently staying in New york..

- Name - Charlies
- Age - 36
- Gender - M
- Location - New York
- Training experience -None
- Any Interests - Music, Workouts, Bodybuilding, Muscle Building, Watching TV.
Bodybuilding is my passion and I love to build my muscles all the time.

Hey guys thought ide finally introduce myself on here after lurking around for a while..

- Name - Ben
- Age - 24
- Gender - Male
- Location - Brisbane
- gym- home gym + goodlife graceville
- Training experience - 4 years, most of that was shit training, these last year and a bit ive been training properly doing some strenght/powerlifting training, monday squats, wednesday bench, friday deads,

1rms squat:140, bench 110, dl 195 body weight 75kg (im a short ass )

Would be keen to compete oneday, this site looks like it would be able to help me out in gaining some more knowledge!

Agreed. Yet another strong 75kg Brisbane lifter, I really am going to have to lift my game so to speak.

Welcome Ben!

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks guys! decided it was time to get serious about lifting, just checked out the capo website and going to sign up and enter the state comp in december!!!! now ive given myself more motivation to get strong by then.

A bit about me...

Hey all:

Name: Jonesy
State: SA
Height 6ft
Weight 89kg
Body: not the best posture, little muscle quite flabby, cardio poor.
Why Join: Everyone keeps telling me different things and none of them have any experience or knowledge on the topic...you guys seem to!

Hey guys,
Typical story, use to be fit and no beer gut but since getting an office job i have put on 10kg, cardio terrible etc I have never trained before.
I would like help with supplements, training program and some issues with libido and testosterone.

I began seeing a personal trainer summer last year for a few months. He put me on a Balance - Original Mass Gainer
- NO Xplode
and a amino acid powder which i dont have on me to quote the brand.
I was told take the proteine 50/50 for breakfast, 1 hr before training and straight after training, take no xplode 30 mins prior to training and the amino just before and after training.

I did this and found even with seeing a PT 3 times a week i was not gaining much, i also found my libido and sex drive died.

I went traveling and stopped after 3 months. My libido never really recovered and my sex drive is spiratic. (i thought this could be due to low testosterone levels and already low fitness levels)

Basically i have decided its time i get fit and a better body. Im not really after max lifting weight but rather decent shape body and bigger muscles.
Where do i start?
thanks guys

Name- Mason Charles Kaiser
- Age- 19
- Gender- Male
- Location- Clawson, Michigan, USA (Redneckville)
- Training experience (if you have any that is)- Power lifting for 7 months but lifting weights and training for over 6 years
- Any Interests-Hunting Fishing dirt biking wrestling football rugby and lifting
Height- 6 foot 1 inch
weight- 325 lbs

Hey all:

Name: Jonesy
State: SA
Height 6ft
Weight 89kg
Body: not the best posture, little muscle quite flabby, cardio poor.
Why Join: Everyone keeps telling me different things and none of them have any experience or knowledge on the topic...you guys seem to!

Hey guys,
Typical story, use to be fit and no beer gut but since getting an office job i have put on 10kg, cardio terrible etc I have never trained before.
I would like help with supplements, training program and some issues with libido and testosterone.

I began seeing a personal trainer summer last year for a few months. He put me on a Balance - Original Mass Gainer
- NO Xplode
and a amino acid powder which i dont have on me to quote the brand.
I was told take the proteine 50/50 for breakfast, 1 hr before training and straight after training, take no xplode 30 mins prior to training and the amino just before and after training.

I did this and found even with seeing a PT 3 times a week i was not gaining much, i also found my libido and sex drive died.

I went traveling and stopped after 3 months. My libido never really recovered and my sex drive is spiratic. (i thought this could be due to low testosterone levels and already low fitness levels)

Basically i have decided its time i get fit and a better body. Im not really after max lifting weight but rather decent shape body and bigger muscles.
Where do i start?
thanks guys
welcome! we are the same height and weight!
disclaimer to my advice: i'm also a forum noobie and others can help you way more.
go to the strength training and bodybuilding threads and find the 'sticky's' for beginners. get onto one of those programs. they will advocate compound lifts (squat, bench, deadlifts, overhead press, pullups, dips etc) and you need to eat lots of the right stuff!
maybe do some kind of sport once a week too, like squash or something, or do sprints.

start a journal and post up what you are doing.
getting fit and healthy should help your testosterone levels. maybe cut out the No Xplode this time, Ive used it before, it does help your lifts marginally but i think its more just the caffeine levels punping you up and you crash after. This could be playing with your body's chemical levels too. I have no idea about the science behind it. I gave it up after maybe a dozen sessions a couple of years back.
my 2c

Thanks Dicko10,

For the motivation. Glad to know im not alone haha Actually in 2 days reading here i have learnt more than all my time with PT's and other so called experts.... Hoping to get some positive responses to my other post.
cheers
jonesy

long intro is long

Name: Emma
State: Vic
Height: 165cm/5'5"
Weight: Approx 56kg (lw 46, hw 60)
Body: petite, reasonable muscle mass, too much body fat IMO
Why Join: Advice, encouragement, camaraderie

Hi all, I'm Emma and I'm finally back in the gym after a few years off.
Back in the mid-late 90's I used to train at Body World in Melbourne and got into powerlifting, and turned out I was pretty good at deadlifting. A few months after learning how to deadlift I competed at the Elsterwick Hotel and lifted 102.5kg @ 50kg. I came in second in the women's comp but won "best lift of the day" out of everyone and I still have my trophy... Honestly, it was one of the best days of my life :)
Unfortunately I fractured my sternum in an accident and went off the rails a bit, quit training and spent the next 8 years hanging around dodgy people haha.
These days I'm a single mum, I've moved down the coast and I feel the need to get back into some serious training and I'm pretty damn stoked to get back into the gym... although I'm pretty embarrassed that I'm so weak :(
My aim is to get back to pre-comp condition and stay that way, I lean up pretty well and who knows, maybe I'll end up competing again, either in powerlifting or physique/fitness (although having a 3/4 sleeve and aiming to have both arms fully inked might be a problem with the body building side of things).
I don't do things in moderation, which sometimes gets me into trouble, but I figure the gym's a good way to channel that particular tendency, so here I am, ready to get advice, inspiration and, hopefully, some encouragement.
Looking forward to getting to know the site and the members,
Em

Hey,

From W.A , currently studying at university

Been lifting consistently for about 2 years. About 3 inconsistently.

Joined because I've been looking around for a good Australian bodybuilding site, so thought I would check it out =)

Benny join the QLD weightlifters section and come to stickys fun comp. Welcome all!
Posted via Mobile Device

new

- Name - Stephen
- Age - 17
- Gender - Male
- Height - 175
- Weight - 74kg (goalweight 82kg)
- Location - Brisbane
- Training experience - Just finished my Cert III in Fitness. Been training since September 2009 for 2011 Brisbane Teenage Bodybuilding comp at chandler
- Any Interests - Snakes, 4x4ing

Joined to find more teenage bodybuilders how they train, what their deits are like and to see what Im up against next year.

Last edited:
Welcome mate. You should come to stickys weight lifting comp. Join qld weightlifters group on the bottom of the home page for details. You can come and check all our delts out! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Name -Mark
Age - 20
Gender - M
Location - ADL
Training experience - General knowledge learnt via the hobby

Joined because its a local BB site

- Name John
- Age 28
- Gender M
- Location Perth
- Training experience (if you have any that is) off and on for last 6 years
- Any Interests just about everything

- Name paul
- Age 29

Gender male

- Location wales uk

- Training experience Been training on and off for 10 years juggling it with mma and boxing, still cant decide what path id like to take if its to compete bodybuilding or to fight mma again.

- Any Interests. Travelling, football, mma, bodybuilding and djing.

Coming over to oz in May for a initial period of 6 months. just getting as much info as possible about the gyms, work, areas etc etc

welcome.gif