• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Reide

Head Slut Kuncet
Is juice good or bad for you? When I say juice I dont mean with all the preservatives.

Depends how much you're drinking.
Theres something like 10 oranges in a litre of juice. Would you eat 10 oranges in a day?

Is juice good or bad for you? When I say juice I dont mean with all the preservatives.
Generally speaking, bad. When I think juice I'm not thinking store baught commercial juice, but homemade fresh natural juice. If that's the case, how can it be bad you might be thinking. In a word: unnatural. Or if you like, incomplete. In fact at times, natural juices can be more than bad, they can even be harmful, by adding to your already unready gut flora. What do I mean by unready? I mean a microbiome environment that is not as powerful as it should be due to the processed foods one eats these days.

So when can some freshly homemade juice be good for you then? When you're hungry and thirsty, and post some exercise. Why is that? Because at these times, the sugar, make that the concentrated sugar of the fresh juice, won't be lingering around in your system going off fermenting and causing / adding to an already not so great internal environment. When one is hungry, thirsty, and post workout; the body is in a much more receptive state than when one's tummy is already full with other food, or when one is just sitting down watching a movie etc.

I've tried veganism, raw, juicing etc...and found none could meet the power of a single egg yolk.

Some people don't tolerate the rise and fall of the hormone insulin like others can, and would suffer all the ill consequences of either a high blood sugar level, or a high and lingering insulin level. Both are not great, as your aim is to have a stable level of blood sugar, and not something that might add to its yo-yoing effect, such as that that can be created by consuming juice. Have an apple instead of apple juice whenever possible, otherwise, enjoy some juice at the most appropriate of times (as I've already mentioned above).

If its my favourite greens combo which is Kale + Cucumber + Celery + Green apple, then drink up man that shit is good for you. If its like oranges and pineapple, then nah just bust open a can of coke because there's less sugar in the coke and no washing of the juicer needed either.

Personally I think a little can be good and too much is bad.

Forget about store bought processed stuff.

Instead of juicing the fruit why not buy a Nutribullet/Ninja/etc and put the whole fruit in there with a bit of water and blast it, that way you are getting the whole fruit, as mentioned earlier, it takes quite a few oranges to make a glass of juice and it's devoid of the fibre as part of the fruit gets discarded.

Make a Nutribullet or similar shake and you would only use one orange or apple or banana or part of a pineapple or mango or a hand full of berries.

We have the Nutribullet Pro here at home and are very happy with it and it does a great job, but I think I would consider one of the larger Ninja's next time around if you don't already have one, check out Goodguys for deals.

Last edited:
Depends on how you're juicing.

If you're throwing it all in a blender, go for it.

If you're using a juicing machine that extracts all the pulp and fibre, it's not much better than store bought bottle fruit juice. Like Fadi said, it's unnatural to extract all the sugar and consume it in one hit without the fibre.

A question if I may, to you.

What do you think or believe is the primary purpose of food (including fluids)?

Last edited:
You can technically over hydrate but it's really hard to do as your body has several ways to expel water.