• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Knee sleeves

Received my blue rehband knee sleeves. They are great, shit all over the Titan ones and don't bunch up at all. If anyone is ordering them get them a size smaller than what you measure and they will be a nice snug fit and won't slide down.

With the blue rehbands on the jackels gym website it says to measure around the mid patella, does that mean the middle of the knee cap and up behind the joint of the knee? Measuring around the middle knee im getting 39cm so dont know if I should go medium or large. I have dodgy knees from 2 motorbike accidents so im looking at getting some sleeves for support.

Last edited:
With the blue rehbands on the jackels gym website it says to measure around the mid patella, does that mean the middle of the knee cap and up behind the joint of the knee? Measuring around the middle knee im getting 39cm so dont know if I should go medium or large. I have dodgy knees from 2 motorbike accidents so im looking at getting some sleeves for support.

Sorry missed this. I measured 39cm (large) as well and I actually ended up getting small because I wanted them nice and tight for my stuffed knees. The smalls are perfect fit for what I want and not overly tight.

For 39cm no way would I go large, get medium or even small if you want them tighter.

Might order some of these myself, seems like a good idea for these old knees:)

EDIT:

Just checked out the web site they have many different knee supports, which one did you get???

Might even order some elbow ones as well, to keep the elbow joint warm and tight.

Last edited:
Sorry missed this. I measured 39cm (large) as well and I actually ended up getting small because I wanted them nice and tight for my stuffed knees. The smalls are perfect fit for what I want and not overly tight.

For 39cm no way would I go large, get medium or even small if you want them tighter.
Thanks ill try the mediums I think as I dont want them to tight. Lucky I was patient and didnt buy the large ones as they sound way to big.

edit: got mine last week they came around 2 weeks after ordering. Jackels were fantastic to deal with ordered friday night, shipped saturday morning our time. I ended up with the mediums and they are a good fit I think. Not to lose, not to tight, just right. :D

Last edited:
Just placed my order for the Original Blue Rehbands, so hopefully there'll be here within 2 weeks :)

Some history:
I have a bad left knee caused by an early childhood injury which involved slamming my left knee onto concrete, causing the bone to now protrude a bit a little below the knee cap. Heavy and and intense squatting over the years - earlier with bad/moderate form, and recently with much better form - has again aggravated this injury, making kneeling on the left knee very painful and difficult. Saw a sports doc, and he confirmed that there's not much that can be done, except to not go crazy on the squats. Doc also confirmed that the pain is not related to patella tendinitis, which was a relief.

I own pairs of Titan and TK knee sleeves. Not a fan of the TKs, as they were always a PITA to put on given the rubber material. In terms of support and compression, have to say the Titans felt much better (but that could be because of sizing).

That said, however, the Titans started to rip within a week. Got the wife to reinforce the stitching, so as to slow slow down the tearing. he Titan lettering on the sleeves all disappeared after several washes.

In terms of sizing, I ordered the Titans in XS and the fit was perfect - nice and tight, providing great compression without casting the knee like knee wraps and without the burden re-wrapping the knees between sets. So, without measuring my knee, I automatically ordered two pairs of the Blue Rehbands in size S. Hopefully these will fit OK, nice and tight, and comfortable enough to leave on between sets.

Will provide another update on sizing when the sleeves arrive!

Cheers

If you bought your Titan sleeves within Aus contact Minh (the Titan rep for Australia) and get him to refund/replace.

I got a pair of the dodgy batch and after much hounding got a refund.

I am real happy with my Rehbands.

If you bought your Titan sleeves within Aus contact Minh (the Titan rep for Australia) and get him to refund/replace.

I got a pair of the dodgy batch and after much hounding got a refund.

I am real happy with my Rehbands.

Yeah, I got mine from Minh, Titan Australia, about 6/7 months ago.

I use the sleeves now as elbow sleeves on bench days and shin-savers on deadlift days. So still getting some good use out of them.

I hear the Rehbands are of much better quality.

We'll see!! :cool:

My replacement set of titans are already ripping. Rehbands are still fine.

Bazza,

You mentioned you ordered the Smalls, despite measurements point you to Mediums / Large. How's the fit? Super tight? Comfortable to leave on between sets?

If you don't mind me asking, what's your bodyweight?

I bought some titans in M. I am 182cm and 96kg. They are too loose.

Buy the small size if in doubt, otherwise very limited support. Just ordered the rehbands in S from the states.

I don't think most of the sleeves offer much in the way of elastic energy but somehow they encourage the knees to stay in alignment and may help to guage the depth a bit better when they compress.

Bazza,

You mentioned you ordered the Smalls, despite measurements point you to Mediums / Large. How's the fit? Super tight? Comfortable to leave on between sets?

Smalls are perfect, snug but could leave them on for hours and easy to get on. If I wanted tight for competition xs or xxs would be the go but they seem to be out of stock.

Bazza,

you hit the nail on the head.

you cant expect something to last if its too small, think of it like you bought a shirt then complain when the buttons bust off the second you move.

when you have sleeves that are the correct size people can complain when the stitching bursts.

saw some of minhs latest sleeves the other night, much better then the old batches,