• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I don't know if your quack has suggested SNRI rather than the usual handouts of SSRI. The SNRI are quite new and don't wear people down as much as the SSRI and MAOI. Unless of course they have given you the little green haloperidol, then any activity is going to be hard with all the cog wheeling.

get eating again. Food = happiness. The SNRI are good for the appetite.

seroquel is the one fucking me..physically anyway. help my mind. pretty similar to haldol

I'd say something along these lines, Genics.
Dont have to go as far as the hooker, but even a stray pickup will perk you up, will make you want to live life again, look forward to the next chick you pick up, it can be very therapeutic.

smashed a turkish chick the other week, was awsome. unfortunately doesn't do much for the mind, only the balls.

smashed a turkish chick the other week, was awsome. unfortunately doesn't do much for the mind, only the balls.

Doesnt it make you go?....hhhmmmm, next week I'm going Italian" and than you're totaly consumed by this urge all week.
Keeps the mind busy as fuck and away from the depressing shit that makes you feel shit.
Know what I mean? mission atfer mission, one at a time, untill you feel good and active again.

the reality is thats just running away from the problems. people with borderline are notorious for there drinking/drugs/sex as a way to escape the pain

I'm currently into week 9 of taking Citalopram for major depression and death anxiety. It has worked to bring me back to a more level emotional state in a way that I don't feel depressed, but hasn't done much for my anxiety. I have Valium which I take sparingly but when I do I feel great. Need a drug or even a natural remedy for anxiety that is non-addictive and then I believe coupled with therapy I could get back to normal.

At the moment I'm the same as you Genics, hobbies and stuff I used to like just seem like a sick joke, everything is meaningless. Being afraid of my own death (which is decades away) and the nothingness after that has meant I'm not living. Its not logical but anxiety rarely is rational or logical.

BTW, I was givin Seroquel to calm me at the beginning as I was really bad and it made me feel very weird. They switched it to a similar drug called Olanzipine that was amazing for putting you straight to sleep.

Need a drug or even a natural remedy for anxiety that is non-addictive and then I believe coupled with therapy I could get back to normal.
Have you tried Ashwaghandha? Its Indian ginseng and it is known for its ability to help with anxiety.

I'm currently into week 9 of taking Citalopram for major depression and death anxiety. It has worked to bring me back to a more level emotional state in a way that I don't feel depressed, but hasn't done much for my anxiety. I have Valium which I take sparingly but when I do I feel great. Need a drug or even a natural remedy for anxiety that is non-addictive and then I believe coupled with therapy I could get back to normal.

At the moment I'm the same as you Genics, hobbies and stuff I used to like just seem like a sick joke, everything is meaningless. Being afraid of my own death (which is decades away) and the nothingness after that has meant I'm not living. Its not logical but anxiety rarely is rational or logical.

BTW, I was givin Seroquel to calm me at the beginning as I was really bad and it made me feel very weird. They switched it to a similar drug called Olanzipine that was amazing for putting you straight to sleep.

Ask your doctor for venlafaxine which is an SNRI and seems to work for both anxiety and major depressive disorder. The cetalopram is an SSRI which is so 1990's. Are you presently -

getting the shakes when anxious
yawning excessively
off your food
lack willingness for physical work
cant shoot your bolt

From what I have heard, the SNRI are less likely to result in suicide than SSRI or MAOI

do everything you can to return to normal functioning. If your current medication is not doing it for you, you have the right to ask for another alternative. Getting some function back even if does just seem like going through the motions will improve your life.

Hi mate. do you have a therapist/psychiatrist? do you have a diagnosis?

Im into my second week of dialectal behaviour therapy, which is for borderline kunce. its a group therapy thing, at first my attitude was pretty much "get fucked" when thinking about a group situation, but i love it. whats helping me more than the DBT is simply being in a room (of about 10) of kunce who feel what i feel, think what i think...im not alone. its actually my happy place now, whish i was there all the time. really have a sense of belonging when im there, which is massive for me. we all openly talk about some pretty dark shit and most of it is met with laughter as we are all know 100% what the person is saying.

i took citalopram in my mid 20s for a few years..it stopped me being depressed in a way..but it made me toally numb, didnt feel anything. in the end i decided i would rather feel shit than feel nothing. now i take a small dose of zoloft but my main one is seroquel..take it every evening and just drift into a nice little wonderland and fall asleep. it also helps reset me..when i wake the next day I have little memory of the feelings i had the day before. im on a small dose (25-50mg) which is where the sedating effects are, anything more goes into the anti psychotic range which i dont really need. gone up to 100mg when shits been bad and that hits you like a train. cant imagine how people on 500mg-800mg for bipolar and schizophrenia function..

i wouldn't mind some more meds to help with the anxiety and depression, most of the time walk around with the gut wrenching feeling of emptiness, like someone is torturing your soul. will check out what vonfram is talking about. want to also see about some mood stabilizers, one of the very hard things for me is the mood swings..for a day or 2 its like im living in hell its self..then suddenly im fine for a day or 2..then im not. would just rather one of the other lol.

fuck benzos, im guessing your only getting meds from a gp? most psychiatrists wouldn't give them.. in reality they do little for mental health issues and carry an extremely high risk for abuse. benzo addiction is no joke and for someone feeling as you do it would be easy to fall victim.

There are a couple of options for the venlafaxine - a fast release dose 37.5mg which is great for dreams when taken at night but will wear off about mid-afternoon. Then there are the slow release 75mg and 150mg which will cause a quite bit of lethargy but if you coerce yourself into physical activity that will pass.

A lot of GPs are not really up to date with the whole mental illness scene and some may even resent being presented with a depressed or anxious client as they have to put together a mental health plan and follow it up (requiring the GP to give a shit for more than the 10 minutes of the consultation).

Its really hard to find a med that fixes both, I could never find one, most would only fix my depression. There was an interesting med I got from a psychiatrist when I got sent to the psych ward which helped my anxiety but not my depression. Its called amira/moclobemide. Could be worth trying but I dont know if it can be mixed with other meds. From memory its a reversible moai.

Dr von fram, you must have some dark shit going on inside you man. Sounds like you can afford the good doctors though.

serious question though, have any of you peeps had the ect therapy? I had it in my 20's and at the time I thought it did nothing but looking back I think it may have gone a long way to levelling me off.

Fuck how many here suffer or have suffered depression? Maybe I do and don't know it? What symptoms do I look for?

Last edited:
Dr von fram, you must have some dark shit going on inside you man. Sounds like you can afford the good doctors though.

serious question though, have any of you peeps had the ect therapy? I had it in my 20's and at the time I thought it did nothing but looking back I think it may have gone a long way to levelling me off.

i asume the brick has bi-polar? you on any meds for it

No dark shit in me other than occasional contempt for fellow man but I'm from a family of loons so I'm acutely aware of how things work and self monitor for the warning signs. Barbell + Food = happy vonfram.

if you think life is shit and nothing brings you joy, then your depressed..not sure how u wouldnt notice that? some people may not realise they have mild depression, always pissed off and fed up etc..but we are talking about mental disorders here, not just the blues.

ive always known i wasnt "normal" and have had various bouts of severe depression, 3 suicide attemps and a never ending journey of self harm through sabotaging my life. i think that its lucky my drug of choice was steroids, not drink/heroin etc. have maybe done some damager of the years from the constant on/off with training and gear which often depended on my mental state, but wont be half the damage i could of done with other substances

and i think people may go years before seeking help or telling anyone they are depressed..no one goes years of depression without knowing..if you dont know your depressed how can u actually be depressed?

Depression is feeling sad for no reason.
Lack of worthiness.
Low self esteem.
Thoughts of self harm, so many different symptoms and possibilities - see a professional if you think you are.

I started on anti-depressants (Trofanil) at the age of 7 years old.
Then was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder at 11.
I later started on more anti depressants (Zoloft) and later started on anti-psychotics (Risperidal).
I was diagnosed with ADHD, Aspergers, Cyclothymia over another few years and also put on (Ritalin).
My anxiety is severe and I've often had to take (Valium).
To this day, the doctors haven't been able to identify the right combination of medications to control my moods and anxiety.
Due to the complexity of my condition it's been hard for doctors to pin point the best solution.
I've made two visits to ward nine, and I'm only the humble age of 17.

However despite all my ailments. I have become an extremely strong willed individual.
I have an amazing support group of friends, parents and teachers. It's what has got me through it because meds have never helped enough!
If anyone here ever needs advice, I've been through it all, I've read books, talked to professionals, I am here for you.