• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Rice is a staple in many people's diets - it's cheap and pretty tasty, but it's easy to get bored with it. What are your favorite ways to use rice in cooking to make it a star? Have any preferred types that you think make the difference?

Flied rice rules. Especially when there are loads of leftovers to fly it with!

Yeah and if you mix it with some guac, salsa, corn and some beans (refried or whateva) with protein of choice you got yourself a mean burrito bowl.

I also enjoy mixing it with a good saucy casserole or stir fly.

Flied rice rules. Especially when there are loads of leftovers to fly it with!

Yeah and if you mix it with some guac, salsa, corn and some beans (refried or whateva) with protein of choice you got yourself a mean burrito bowl.

I also enjoy mixing it with a good saucy casserole or stir fly.

love your spelling tonight bro :)

I have read other people doing this, what does it actually do?

Adds flavour, moisture, healthy fats....same as putting it on steamed vegies really.
I've had butter on plain steamed rice since I can remember but olive oil may be a healthier option.

I love rice, white or brown, long or short, I'll take it any way....I'm not ricest...

Although I like it in all sorts of dishes I really love it in the following simple quick and easy ways.

1 pack of 90 second Aldi or other brand brown or your preferred colour/type rice, 6-7 large/xlarge whole eggs. Fry or poach the eggs, runny yolks, dump them on the pile of cooked rice, little bit of light soy, chilli sauce of some description and or flakes, some garlic powder or sprinkles then dig in.....heaven..

Another one I like as I've had it ever since I was a small child and it never gets old is, just a cup or two of plain old white rice of your choice, hot or cold, put it in a bowl pour some milk over the top, add or don't add (your choice) a sprinkle of your favourite sweetener (I use sugar FTW) and eat....ahhhh the simple things in life.

Last edited: