• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Recently a member here said that his wife is his best friend, now we've all heard this before mainly in movies, television, talk shows etc. but what does this actually mean and what does it say about the bloke who says it.

For me, a wife is a wife and a friend is a friend, you don't have sex with your friend and you don't talk about everything with your wife.
This tells me a couple of things, firstly, a bloke says it because he thinks it's the right thing to say, it'll keep him in the good books with his wife because lets face it most blokes are terrified of their wives and we'll do and say anything to keep the peace.
And secondly, the bloke is simply a pussy.

What's your thoughts and experience?

Hmmm yeah.

My wife is a good egg.
She was my best mate when we started dating...but yeah i guess the buck stopped there once we were fucking haha. Ive got 3 fukken great blokes who take on that roll these days (the best mate roll, not the fucking roll).

I dont fear my wife even a little bit though. If you do, you are a pussy, or are doing the marriage thing conpletely wrong.

I never need permission. Neither does she.
I go out when i want within reason (kid etc). So does she.

We barely argue like the norm. Maybe 10x a year. And never explosively.

We have good sex haha. Thats never been an issue. Possibly the key. Haha.

I do consider myself very lucky admittedly. Though my opinion these days is if you dont have a situation like mine...then you married the wrong woman.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Since you spend so much time with your spouse I think you need to be more than just friends.

I've been thinking about building a tiny house to get away from my wife and kids. Better sleep, less stress, I'd probably start making some gainz.

my mrs is the nicest person anyone could meet. I doubt anyone could say a bad word about her. I knew this the first time I met her, and I am just glad she puts up with my madness.

my mrs is the nicest person anyone could meet. I doubt anyone could say a bad word about her. I knew this the first time I met her, and I am just glad she puts up with my madness.
Sounds alot like my mrs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You guys are making me look bad... Me and wife in reality get along now better than ever. I'm pretty quiet these days, no drinking, no dramas. One of the kids has a disability which can be challenging so we need to work as a team. It's good to be training again, makes it all more bearable

I think the term “best friend” is a little naive.

in terms of your wife being a friend is correct, we all have friends that serve a purpose and in most cases we move on from one to the next because that purpose ends.

i know one thing for sure, don’t make your wife your only friend.

Its a social media craze thing. I'm not down with all that new age shit, once you reach my age its all downhill from there.

I think every kunce knows what my policy on this is.
Darkoz is spot on, a friend is a friend and a wife is a wife, cannot mix into one.
If you do you will be pussy whipped forever, different dynamics all together.

For me, a wife is a wife and a friend is a friend, you don't have sex with your friend and you don't talk about everything with your wife.

What's your thoughts and experience?

I agree with you Darkoz.

The Arabic language has a word for friend and a word for partner (as has every other language). The word friend however is not used for wife (not because she's your enemy), but because a more appropriately and more befitting word is used here, and that is the word partner, where "for life" are the two words added at the end when referring to one's wife. It's the same "partner" word used for a business partner, however as I've said, the added two words used at the end ... "for life", are exclusively reserved for the wife and/or husband.

So there, your post as well as your views are 100% on the money in my opinion Sir.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I agree with you Darkoz.

The Arabic language has a word for friend and a word for partner (as has every other language). The word friend however is not used for wife (not because she's your enemy), but because a more appropriately and more befitting word is used here, and that is the word partner, where "for life" are the two words added at the end when referring to one's wife. It's the same "partner" word used for a business partner, however as I've said, the added two words used at the end ... "for life", are exclusively reserved for the wife and/or husband.

So there, your post as well as your views are 100% on the money in my opinion Sir.

Thanks.

hes an idiot,quite clearly twiggy was referring to me,my wife is my best mate and im not ashamed of that at all in the slightest.Darko has a failed marriage where i suspect he smacked his wife over and a string of failed relationships.Quite clearly my approach is the successful 1.

Anyway its well known Muslims treat their women poorly,i lived next door to 1 for a while.His wife went to work as well as cooking and cleaning whilst mohammed sat around in his underwear.I ended up choking him out for being a prick.Plus you say you are allowed 7 wives.That surely doesnt make them happy.plus you get virgins in heaven.atrocious treatment of what God gave you as a lover,helper and friend

Last edited: