• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Player's 2012 Body Transformation

You'll only look skinny if you do not have enough LBM

yes i guess.

15% to 10% will probably take a few months as I will be losing weight around 0.5kg weekly. Then i can hopefully go back to bulking, but nice and slower this time around. I got to fat last time, 1-1.5kg a month should be good enough..

training is going okay.. some lifting has been affected by cutting - military press has lost a lot of strength. Deadlift squat seem to be going up although only started squatting first time in few months 2 weeks ago so still early days. Deadlift ive nearly finished my 185kg program. 2 weeks left and everything so far has been quite easy.

I will be doing the 200 program after this. Bench went down then went up then stayed the same. Dipping has gone up, im stronger when i keep my body straight (more tricep) then leaning forward (chest/shoulder).

Switched grip on pull ups to wider grip and its harder. One thing i notice is that my chest doesn't touch the bar, my top movement i am far away from the bars? Otherwise im happy as long as my weight on monday has dropped. if not ill be adding 2 hiit sessions a week just on the bike after some weights..

/long post

weighed in at 79kg today. 0.5kg loss since last monday. waist seems to have dropped a little bit by measurements but its too hard to be exact

the tape don't lie..

how are you feeling?

what is your 'final' desired bodyweight/bf level for this cut?

the tape don't lie..

how are you feeling?

what is your 'final' desired bodyweight/bf level for this cut?

im tired quite a bit, not much energy, puffed during workouts, but i guess thats effects of cutting.

If im around 15% bodyfat at 79kg using maths I would be around 74kg at 10% bodyfat (with no muscle loss). 10% bodyfat is pretty much my goal.

74kg 10% bodyfat 173cm cm should look okay i hope.. probably a bit to small

weighed in at 78.5kg. 0.5kg since last week. I don't look leaner but my waist has dropped

Liam, given that the contest runs 12 months, what are you aiming for at the end in comparison to the first pics?

Cutting now, I would assume you would bulk up for 4-5 months then cut again? ???????

Liam, given that the contest runs 12 months, what are you aiming for at the end in comparison to the first pics?

Cutting now, I would assume you would bulk up for 4-5 months then cut again? ???????

cut to 10% now.. will probably be a few months. Im more so doing this for myself more than the comp. I don't want to be a fatty again.

Seeing as this cut is taking forever... since I was carrying more fat than i thought i had at start. I've gone from 18% to 14% or close to there. So another 2-3 months should bring me to 10%. Plan to be around 74kg. Then slowly bulk up, not go eat everything in sight like i did last time.

I know im probably not doing it right for the comp.. people will say bulk then cut. But no way was i bulking at that bodyfat..

so to answer the question. around 78-80kg at close to 10% bodyfat.

if anything id say bulk all year, then do one cut at the end..... if thats possible, or do you need to do a few bulks/cuts a year for some reason??

if anything id say bulk all year, then do one cut at the end..... if thats possible, or do you need to do a few bulks/cuts a year for some reason??

nah. ill do it my way lol. I plan to stay leanish year round. I hate being a little fatty

Don't stay in calorie deficit too long though, it starts to affect hormone balance.

I read this in one of MB's posts.

Don't stay in calorie deficit too long though, it starts to affect hormone balance.

I read this in one of MB's posts.

only been 2 months... another 2-4 months wouldn't harm.

i would guess maybe over a year of calorie deficit could do harm.

I think 12-16 weeks would be optimal before having a 1-2 week break on maintenance, then resume deficit

weight was 78.6kg this morning. Up 0.1kg from last week. I can sort of see how it happened, one day easily ate 500+ more calories than i was suppose to. Then a few days where ate 200-300 calories more.

weight was 77.8kg yesterday morning. Probably because of close to an hour walking 3 times a day...

78kg this morning. i upped my calorie intake too much last week to account for all the walking i do to get to work. Obviously ate to much.

Waist is down 3 inches since i started