• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Raw Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
very sad. i think it's time we sit around in a circle & sing kumbaya. I shall play guitar...........

I'll play the bass.

And yeah, no need to call each other names.

FWIW I don't mind seeing gym lifts in sigs, this is a strength training forum not just a powerlifting forum.

This thread..

wmm3w5.jpg

Yes I think this thread got a little off track lol I was just after what people thought would be good standards for Raw Elite - I think the figures that Markos put up are a great classification for people to use.

ProRaw

QUALIFYING STANDARDS

CLASS ELITE MASTER LEVEL 1 LEVEL 2 LEVEL 3 LEVEL 4

80KG 630KG 580KG 530KG 480KG 430KG 380KG

I'm a noob. If an 80kg lifter was to score a total of 590kg, would that still classify them as a master?

This is probably not the right place...what are the right %'s for the total? In weightlifting, the clean & jerk is usually around 55% of the total...

I'm a noob. If an 80kg lifter was to score a total of 590kg, would that still classify them as a master?

Yes

This is probably not the right place...what are the right %'s for the total? In weightlifting, the clean & jerk is usually around 55% of the total...

I think so, though if you weight in at 80.0kg ecactly does that put you in the 80 or 95kg class?

EDIT:

Just for formatting.

Code:
ProRaw

QUALIFYING STANDARDS

CLASS     ELITE   MASTER   LEVEL 1   LEVEL 2   LEVEL 3   LEVEL 4

80KG      630KG   580KG    530KG     480KG     430KG     380KG

95KG      680KG   630KG    580KG     530KG     480KG     430KG

110KG     730KG   680KG    630KG     580KG     530KG     480KG

110KG+    780KG   730KG    680KG     630KG     580KG     530KG

Last edited:
I agree a competition lift is more difficult, I just dont like the elitist attitude of gym lifts are worth nothing and someone who doesnt compete has no right to take part in a discussion.

Now it may not be the spin that was intended, but thats what its sounding like to me.

this is exactly what it was sounding like to me too

"lifts removed from sig as they were not performed in competition"

lol dr00.

Also lol'd

Just FYI, this whole gym lifts vs comp lifts could very easily be solved. here it is, you ready for this?

Take a person who has trained competively. Add up all there PBs performed at the gym. Divide by their competition total. You would expect this should be over 1. Do this for a 1000 lifters. Take trend values, or even simply averages for different weight classes. You'll probably find you gain say 5% in gym lifts when totalled or something like that. Problem solved. Now you can all stop swinging your cocks around and saying that your 150kg in comp is better than my 200kg at the gym.

This forum is already very much the PTC Forum now. Fadi hardly ever posts, we get fewer newbies than we used to, etc. I hope it won't become ProRaw - Competitors Only, Everyone Else Fuck Off.

Fuck, kill me when that happens.

I respect you Markos and what you have achieved, but i have no respect for the way you treat people who disagree with you.

Don't act so naive, no one is buying it.

*out before I get flamed to death*

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk about some bruised vaginas here. Give Fadi a bit more respect. I don't think he is at home rocking in front of his computer to scared to post. He has said he is busy, leave it at that.

Oliver and Kyle, you can Nut up or Shut up. If you want to comment on competition, like the competitors are, compete, it really is that simple.

Not a single guy that has actually competed has sided with you guys.
Don't put me with Oliver in that. I recognise that competition is different to the gym, never said otherwise. Competition is a shitload harder, same with anything like that. Spread it over hours, put an audience out there - you don't have to have competed or performed to realise that'll be a heap harder.
PTC said:
you little cock smokers
Calm down, Markos. You've got nothing to prove, your achievements prove what you need to prove, no need to toss around abuse.
PTC said:
My problem with lifts in sigs, which I know was your idea, and a great one, is I have seen some vids of members lifts in gyms.
And that's fair, too. But the bullshit lifts are rarely that impressive even if they were real.
Spritcha said:
Not meaning this to suggest gym lifts aren't important- just wanting to point out that they are hardly worth comparing.
No doubt about that.

Talk about some bruised vaginas here. Give Fadi a bit more respect. I don't think he is at home rocking in front of his computer to scared to post. He has said he is busy, leave it at that.

Amen to that. He's of a lot higher character than that. He has family, work & community responsibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.