• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Most of not all our overspend has been on paying our home grown stars like Slater, Inglis, Smith, Cronk to name a few,.
Home grown?? Last time I checked they were all Queenslander's although one could argue Inglis is from Kempsey in NSW (that's were he played his junior footy, but that's another topic).

While Melb did nuture and bring those players up to NRL standard they are by no means local's to Melb.

Granted, I meant we were their first NRL club, ie we didn't pay big bucks to get ready made players.

Rev you could argue that your recruitment scouts have done well to grab these blokes while they were very young but there not locals to melbourne as you see during origin at the start as they say what junior clubs they came from.This topic is a hard one because its such a controversial subject and you see gus gould talking crap all the time about it blaming the nrl for acting the way they did.the nrl acted as they had to.If it was the right move that's for everyone to argue about.
Alot of people say they have to let players go well whose is going to pick them up? the lucky clubs with a few hundred thousand left in there cap.Well that's not fair for the teams who dont have money left in there cap is it, as these blokes weren't on the market at the start of the year.It could be argued all day .
Feel free to argue if you want i like this topic

No one honestly believes that this is isolated to Melbourne do they ? All the clubs do it, I bet the manly forward pack alone would max out the salary cap if it was all on the books.

I am a Newcastle supporter and Melbourne stop us from getting into the semis last year because they played the better brand of football not because of there roster, there are lost of teams with great players that lack consistency, Take st george for example they had the side to win the comp and where favorite a number of times and failed however that could change with Wayne Bennett at the rains for his second year and the brand of football and the discipline he brings to the team.

Last edited:
no there maybe other teams doing it but not to the extent of melbourne.There is a marquee system with 2 players or around that able to get third party sponsors but it has to be approved by the nrl.Melbourne didnt declare these side payments of money or gifts.
In no way or form am i saying melbourne dont play very good footy they do and i like to watch them play but that doesn't excuse them cheating to keep players.
Manly forward pack max out the cap are you serious mate.

Manly forward pack max out the cap are you serious mate.

Good front rowers alone are worth a fortune, 4 mil cap, You think there only getting only 300k each ?, Kyte rep player, Perry reps player, Rose rep player, Watmough rep player, Glenn Stewart rep player, Jason King 1 of the best front rowers in the game, Joe Galuvao former NZ rep.

Did you see what the ogre and big willy where getting at the dogs when they got done cheating the cap ?

alot of them are FORMER rep players i wouldnt even put them on 300k each
watmough and stewart might be around that price folowed by jason king.
galuvao was forced from the parra side so manly would of picked him up fairly cheap .like i said im sure there maybe are other teams rorting the cap but not like smith 350k,inglis 400k,slater 400k,cronk 300k,blair and lima 250k thats total guessing right there.
finch leaves parra and picks up a melbourne contact 50k a year he says which is bullshit ok well believe that for now and then resigns with them again and it wouldnt be for 50k again,Mason leaves the roosters goes for awhile without a club who puts in a offer melbourne .So there saying they got all the rep players and they still got money in the cap to pick up mason

Surely the players knew they were breaking the cap. It does not take Einstein to work out that signing 2 contracts must mean something dodgy was going on. This could possibly be the same for other players at other clubs, but they have not been exposed yet.

that seems to be the way shrek.Well going onto other footy news what does everyone think about the Australian side selected

1. Billy Slater (Melbourne)
2. Brett Morris (St George Illawarra)
3. Greg Inglis (Melbourne)
4. Jamie Lyon (Manly)
5. Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta)
6. Darren Lockyer (c) (Brisbane)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne)
8. Petero Civoniceva (Penrith)
9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne)
10. David Shillington (Canberra)
11. Luke Lewis (Penrith)
12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane)
13. Paul Gallen (Cronulla)
14. Kurt Gidley (Newcastle)
15. Josh Perry (Manly)
16. Anthony Watmough (Manly)
17. Michael Weyman (St George Illawarra)

anyone that should be there or shouldn't be there in your opinions??

That teams looks fine.
Only 3 selections that bother me.

1. Kurt Gidley - Only played 2 games this year and has been only in fair form
2. Jamie Lyon ahead of Matt Cooper. Matt has been in sensational form, but I can live with Jamie
3. Darren Lockyer - Fair dinkum, the guy can't run, he can't tackle, has no speed anymore and has not busted through a tackle in 5 years. If Lockyer is better than Prince I'm an astronaut.

yeah i agree cooper should be there he is playing awesome this year.
lockyer is 5/8 prince is a halfback
whose better thou prince or cronk?

Last edited:
Prince could play 5/8 no problem. There's little difference these days.

Cronk or Prince?

Tough one, probably Prince but it's a toss of the coin. Thurston would've got it but not for his injury. He should not have played Saturday night and he would have been right to play Friday. Silly boy.

yeah its a hard one cronks been inform for about the last month real form and prince just came back from injury but had a good game on the weekend.how did you go in fantasy league adrian?

No good. I haven't looked at it lately.

Shocking week in the tipping contest though, 3/8. Farrrrrrrrrk.

This year is a hard one for tipping.Tigers should of won had the lead up until the 73rd minute,beau ryan dropped the bomb and todd carney is on the spot to get the try for the win.
Your a panthers fan if im not mistaken hard game against the titans at home

3/8 this week as well.. It's just getting harder and harder to tip a winner with the inconsistency of most teams. The only team I can tip with confidence is Dragons.

3/8 this week as well.. It's just getting harder and harder to tip a winner with the inconsistency of most teams. The only team I can tip with confidence is Dragons.
You cannot even tip the Dragons with confidence, I tipped Manly.

MARK Gasnier's imminent return to the NRL is a body blow to the fledgling Melbourne Rebels but could allow the Super 15 team to increase its offer to Israel Folau.

It was reported yesterday that Gasnier, who left St George Illawarra at the end of 2008 to pursue a rugby union career with French club Stade Francais, was ready to return to Sydney as his father-in-law is ill. The NRL registration cut-off is June 30.

The Rebels had pinned their hopes on signing Gasnier, 28, but now that effort appears forlorn, any third-party arrangements destined for him may now be channelled towards Folau.

Rebels officials met with Folau last Friday when the 21-year-old arrived in Melbourne with the Broncos to play the Storm.

Folau is expected to announce his code of choice as early as this week with the Rebels, Broncos and even the Greater Western Sydney AFL team linked to him.

Rebels will focus on signing Israel Folau as Mark Gasnier is set to return to league | The Australian

Excellent win tonight for the Tigers, good to see them bounce back after a hiding last week.

Heart attack football team.

I couldn't watch the game this week, I would have pulled my hair out the first time anything went wrong lol.

Doggies tomorrow night, let's hope Barbara puts on a big one so he replaces Roberts in the starting line up.
Posted via Mobile Device