• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
You absolutely could do it. Why not.

And yes jj80 frequency can contribute to injury...but does not mean that it will. Recovery is Extra important with high frequency training. Like super extra important.

But before just running sheiko straight after 531 (once a week squatting), id be working my up to sheiko level volume and frequency. Dont just jump in. (Though just jumping in will work...if you survive).

Personally I add a second squat day to start with. Then a third. Then move into sheiko.
This could done over 4 weeks.
2 weeks of 2 a week, 2 weeks of 3 a week. Similar approach to a smolov prep phase (or whatever they call it before heading to normal smolov).

But before just running sheiko straight after 531 (once a week squatting), id be working my up to sheiko level volume and frequency. Dont just jump in. (Though just jumping in will work...if you survive).

Personally I add a second squat day to start with. Then a third. Then move into sheiko.
This could done over 4 weeks.
2 weeks of 2 a week, 2 weeks of 3 a week. Similar approach to a smolov prep phase (or whatever they call it before heading to normal smolov).

Massive lol...at me!!

I had 4 weeks off, drank too much and are too much...had a couple half arsed sessions and then....bam, sheiko. Boy am I paying for it this morning!!

37 kind of starts off easy.

It's not uncommon (or it wasnt for me) to feel unrecovered between some sessions of Sheiko. Especially Wednesdays I often felt dead from Monday, but after a light Friday and a good weekend's rest I was 95%+ for Monday (not always).

I did a lot of walking, stretching and light boxing and tried to keep active between sessions to aid recovery. Get the blood flowing.

edit: I forgot squats start off 5x5 dont they? lol, not so easy.

Thanks for the reply. I currently do a second volume day for squats anyway, so think I'll be right to jump right in.

I'm sitting at 83kg, so thought I'd jump in and do the over 80kg program from the sheiko site, which from a quick glance doesn't look too different from the old #37, #31, #32 templates.

Just a question, with deadlifts to knees? Is that to knees and stop, put back down? Or stop at knees for a pause, then complete the rep?

Just a question, with deadlifts to knees? Is that to knees and stop, put back down? Or stop at knees for a pause, then complete the rep?

From what I read a while back it was pause at the knees and then complete the rep.

From what I read a while back it was pause at the knees and then complete the rep.

Ah ok!
I'm still weighing up the merits of doing the deadlift portion of the program since my programming for them seems to work ok.

Ah ok!
I'm still weighing up the merits of doing the deadlift portion of the program since my programming for them seems to work ok.

If your running the new modified programs by boris it will say specifically what you have to do.

Deadlift up to knees (stop at knee 1 sec, return to ground)
And
Deadlift pause at knees (stop at knee 1 sec, complete rep)

Give the sheiko deadlift programming a try, as the volume is tied into the other lifts and overall fatigue. It did wonders for my bench.

Bench frequency is the key. Always has been.

I dont do sheiko anymore...but I bench 4 days a week...up and up she goes.