• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thoughts on the Universal Program released from Boris himself for us non-russians?

Examples of programs | Sheiko

Looks very much like a program for a higher rated lifter (CMS) or someone who already has a fair bit of exposure to high volume training. Most rated lifters should be able to progress very well on one of the 3 days per week templates. However, I recall SP saying that the Russians move their lifters from 3 days to 4 days a week much earlier in their career than perhaps we thought.

It's unclear whether this is for a raw or equipped lifter and what alterations would be suitable for a raw lifter. I imagine there would be less benching with chains for example.

Interestingly, it is lower volume and higher intensity than the templates we're used to seeing. Less reps and no double sets in the 50-70% range for example.

Once you hit a 400 wilks then you'll be find for the 4 day sheikos
Just start at the least volume to give you results... then increase volume to keep getting results. Eventually YOU HAVE to add days. So just do it. Why the fuck would you train for 3 hours, 3x a week lol when you can train 5 or 6 days a week, get in loads more volume and go slightly heavier and only be training 45 minutes I don't understand.

Don't be afraid to add days and manipulate the volume. If you're getting in 100 reps a week or whatever the fuck it is (don't have notes on me) and train 3 days but are fucked doing the 33 lifts each day... just add a day and change around the volume so that you're doing 25 lifts each session. Be sure to keep the average intensity the same though. You can do this by changing how many warm-up sets you do or by cutting the worksets and going a tiny bit heavier

Once you understand the basic principles it's easy as fuck to program. Hell, I don't even plan it any more I just go by feel and I KNOW what is right

Just start at the least volume to give you results... then increase volume to keep getting results. Eventually YOU HAVE to add days. So just do it. Why the fuck would you train for 3 hours, 3x a week lol when you can train 5 or 6 days a week, get in loads more volume and go slightly heavier and only be training 45 minutes I don't understand.

I agree which one is preferable, but it is much easier for me with a hectic job and 2 young kids to fit in 3x a week at 2-2.5 hours (which is the average session in Sheiko 37 including accessories), than splitting it up into 1 hour sessions 6x a week.

yep, personal situation is the most important and enjoying training, part of the point I am making

Boris recommends that you have at least 1 year of powerlifting training under your belt before starting his universal program. The whole sheiko is too advanced bullshit thats been around for years I blame on Eric Talmant and co, he seems to discourage using real comp maxes for your program let alone jacking up your maxes. In reality the beginner sheiko cycles (aka 29, 30, 31, 37,32) are a shock at first due to the sheer volume but should be a piece of piss for anybody after a year. They were only really aimed for junior/beginner lifters I'm pretty sure.

Boris pushes this point often. You adjust the program to fit your lifestyle where needed. You can't train properly if you're neglecting other important things and causing trouble for yourself.

I agree which one is preferable, but it is much easier for me with a hectic job and 2 young kids to fit in 3x a week at 2-2.5 hours (which is the average session in Sheiko 37 including accessories), than splitting it up into 1 hour sessions 6x a week.

[MENTION=5418]Spritcha[/MENTION]; seminar was great. There were a few things he covered that I had overlooked in my own training. I thought I had broken it down enough but he explained a different alternate way of thinking with a few things to further understand how programming works.

The main thing for me was that he mentioned 18-21 days out from the meet the lifter will test openers, maxes, kill themselves or whatever. I had always assumed that this was because they were bigger, lifted more and so on and that I didn't need to test things that early and the week of the meet would be enough. I of course got great results with this but he mentioned that around 18-21 after a meet a lifter will feel "bionic" almost and I noticed that I really did notice this in my own training.

Back in April I did 2 meets in 3 weeks. The first meet was OK, I was supposed to go light but didn't lol. I think I went 160/80/210. The training I did in between the meets was very much like Sheiko 32. The meet later in April I fucking killed it and 165/90/215 went up easy as fuck and I had plenty left in me. Glad I noticed this in time for my meet in December lol. My meet is on the 13th December so on the 25th of November I will be doing my last max effort session and then follow it up with more Sheiko style training and see how that goes. I will be very fucking anxious about not testing openers in between this time so I might completely lose my shit mentally at this point in time haha. Hopefully I'll stick to the plan. Honestly I am going over this through my head over and over lol.

Also of note was increasing warm-ups to increase volume. I had mentioned this loads before but neglected to do it in my own training. Strong Enough even mentioned that I should be doing it lol but for some reason I ignored it. It's easy volume to build on and I need to stop worrying so much about my work sets and treat everything as one

[MENTION=5418]Spritcha[/MENTION]Also of note was increasing warm-ups to increase volume. I had mentioned this loads before but neglected to do it in my own training. Strong Enough even mentioned that I should be doing it lol but for some reason I ignored it. It's easy volume to build on and I need to stop worrying so much about my work sets and treat everything as one

Spritcha really opened my eyes to the folly of treating the top set as a "work set" or "money set". I now try to look at every set being as important as every other, they just train different qualities. The beauty of increasing volume in the 60-70% range is that it really entrains good technique, which in turn can increase the quality of the sets in the 80%+ range.

Also the skills test has worked the same for me both times with Sheiko. I was down in strength in the skills test (a sure sign the volume has worked) and bounced back by around 10% on comp day 3-4 weeks later.

Do they pause all warm-ups as well on bench?
I always just paused everything but assistance. Someone else is asking me if only pausing over 75% is OK. I told them 70% and onwards would be better but ideally pause everything. I don't really see the issue with pausing everything but apparently it drives people nuts idk

most people are impatient and lazy.. they want to get the "light" sets out of the way so they can get onto their ego work.

Hmm. I pause everything, have for a long time. Even when I think about not doing it, I end up pausing naturally lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I also try to pause every rep of every set. All the lower weights are meant for dynamic work anyway so you want to be creating as much force as possible.

I was under the impression that touch and go benching created more force because of the faster reversal
At least that's what Josh Bryant and Louie Simmons say

Force
Touch and go
Dynamic work
Assitance work

Could someone explain what the terms mean?
Serious, would be great.

Would this be right?

Force = pushing against an imoveable or stationary object?
Touch and go = Bench press as an example...touch the bar and chest together?
Dynamic work = NFI
Assitance work = exercises other than the three powerlifts used?

Bout to start a full 20 week run of sheiko. Numbered templates as prescribed.

Trying to get [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; jacked.

Force
Touch and go
Dynamic work
Assitance work

Could someone explain what the terms mean?
Serious, would be great.

Would this be right?

Force = pushing against an imoveable or stationary object?
Touch and go = Bench press as an example...touch the bar and chest together?
Dynamic work = NFI
Assitance work = exercises other than the three powerlifts used?

Dynamic work is another word for speed work. Eg, speed of pressing.

Louie Simmons prescribes a dynamic day. Russians just make every rep fast.