• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
So my younger brother and one of my mates attempted to do a 120kg deadlift for one rep.

So i felt the need to test out how far I've come so far.

They both hit it once....so i hit 120kgx5 @ 80 Kg, pretty happy with myself i know it's not much compared to some of the other numbers but i've only been doing dead for 2 months so still a little timid to push myself haha

So my younger brother and one of my mates attempted to do a 120kg deadlift for one rep.

They both hit it once....so i hit 120kgx5 @ 80 Kg, pretty happy with myself i know it's not much compared to some of the other numbers but i've only been doing dead for 2 months so still a little timid to push myself haha
Well done mate!

Great start two months in also [emoji108]

Today I squatted 3x160kg (+1 rep from my prior squat PB) and then after my work sets I did 1x170kg, which is a weight PB (not a true 1RM, though). Afterwards, I deadlifted 3x180kg, which is also a rep PB.

You're doing way better than I was after 2 months. If you exclude all the time I spent as a 'gym-goer' (2004-2009) and my first run of Starting Strength (because I had to stop training for 3-4 months after it and then had to restart right back where I was before I started it), it took me probably 4-6 months to deadlift 5x120kg. If you include all that other time...well...

Today I squatted 3x160kg (+1 rep from my prior squat PB) and then after my work sets I did 1x170kg, which is a weight PB (not a true 1RM, though). Afterwards, I deadlifted 3x180kg, which is also a rep PB.

You're doing way better than I was after 2 months. If you exclude all the time I spent as a 'gym-goer' (2004-2009) and my first run of Starting Strength (because I had to stop training for 3-4 months after it and then had to restart right back where I was before I started it), it took me probably 4-6 months to deadlift 5x120kg. If you include all that other time...well...

The routine i'm on is fairly strength based, just came back of an abdominal wall tear (not a hernia) and had my third knee recon in september last year so i've been trying to take it easy, never done dead lifts in my life.

Considering going into power lifting to give it a whirl!

Front squat 2x100kg no belt. Previous best was 1x100kg with a belt. Since I got that, I decided to go a step further and nailed 1x115kg with a belt.

Squatted 192.5kg x 5 with one in the tank tonight. After a full day of diving yesterday too ?

Bench Press 100kg x 4 last week, and then 103kg x 3 this week. Both rep PB's.

Nice to finally be working my way into 2 plate + territory with my bench. Having worked on 4 lifts with equal focus over the past 2 years, progress hasn't been rapid, but recent programming changes with a renewed focus on form seem to be netting results.

Bench Press 100kg x 4 last week, and then 103kg x 3 this week. Both rep PB's.

Nice to finally be working my way into 2 plate + territory with my bench. Having worked on 4 lifts with equal focus over the past 2 years, progress hasn't been rapid, but recent programming changes with a renewed focus on form seem to be netting results.
Great work mate. May i enquire as to the progress of the other 3 lifts? And bodyweight?

I know it's not much, but im rapt to be at 60kg bench for reps today... Been working away with the dumbells, finally felt confident enough to go the big boy bench.... Goal is to get to 100 this year

Great work mate. May i enquire as to the progress of the other 3 lifts? And bodyweight?

Yeah mate, no worries. Started lifting 2 years ago at a relatively skinny fat ~84kg. Stronglifts 5x5 programme, starting with just the bar, which I progressed to 3x5 as the weight increased and 5x5 was no longer doable during my limited morning sessions. Gave 5/3/1 a run following that, which allowed me to dedicate a day to each lift with upper / lower split flexibility. Then most recently have been working with RPE style programming following a reset to work on form.

Currently ~87kg with the following bests:

Squat - 145kg 3RM; 150kg 1RM
Deadlift - 190kg 3RM; 200kg 1RM
Bench - 103kg 3RM; 105kg 1RM
Press - 68kg 3RM; 70kg 1RM

As silly as it might sound, progress hasn't been as steady as it could be due to not wanting to eat like a complete beast (given I'm prone to mid section weight gains). But pretty happy with how things are progressing at the moment with programming dialled in, which has me due for PR's in the coming months.

Bit of a novel, but hey.

Yeah mate, no worries. Started lifting 2 years ago at a relatively skinny fat ~84kg. Stronglifts 5x5 programme, starting with just the bar, which I progressed to 3x5 as the weight increased and 5x5 was no longer doable during my limited morning sessions. Gave 5/3/1 a run following that, which allowed me to dedicate a day to each lift with upper / lower split flexibility. Then most recently have been working with RPE style programming following a reset to work on form.

Currently ~87kg with the following bests:

Squat - 145kg 3RM; 150kg 1RM
Deadlift - 190kg 3RM; 200kg 1RM
Bench - 103kg 3RM; 105kg 1RM
Press - 68kg 3RM; 70kg 1RM

As silly as it might sound, progress hasn't been as steady as it could be due to not wanting to eat like a complete beast (given I'm prone to mid section weight gains). But pretty happy with how things are progressing at the moment with programming dialled in, which has me due for PR's in the coming months.

Bit of a novel, but hey.

RPE style eh(RTS?). My kind of lifting. :)
Good stuff mate, thats decent progress imo. I understand you on the mid section weight gains...i swear its a genetic thing ffs. Every time i bulk, i gain it there guaranteed (along with muscles ha).

RPE style eh(RTS?). My kind of lifting. :)
Good stuff mate, thats decent progress imo. I understand you on the mid section weight gains...i swear its a genetic thing ffs. Every time i bulk, i gain it there guaranteed (along with muscles ha).

Ha, word to the mid section gainz... That and the need to fit suits and shirts for the daily grind. Despite my best efforts, I'm up for a new working wardrobe in the coming months too along with the PR's :p

Was actually inspired by your log to give RTS principle a go for my lead lift each session, working up to an RM via ~90% >> 95% >> Target weight @ 9RPE (with a back off set or two less 8-10% to reach @ 9RPE). Enjoying the self discovery of it.

Deadlift rep PB, 5x5 @ 155kg (1rm PB 175).
This was at the end of a 5x5 cycle, squats on Tues was 5x5 @125kg which was also a rep PB.
I didn't make target weight of bench this cycle, but I think I have finally sorted my technique and now need to apply it with some volume for two cycles to hit 100kg.

lol @ mid-section gains - I have a bit of a doona going on, but the abs are starting to show through it. Pretty hard to get any muscle mass gains without either increasing or maintaining body fat levels, for me at least.