• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
nice powercleaning! you've clearly improved from the video I saw of you:)

I do some nights at a goodlife gym, Ive heard a PT say that's its a real "arm builder"

edit- If there is a tendency to engage the arms, going heavier wont help, he will naturally engage them more so.. its all about the extension, over and over and over and over!!
If the Max is 80, then TBH 60-70 is probably the number to work with for triples, plus doing some clean pulls as an assistance

Honestly I just deadlift the bar to the hang position and jump, hoping it goes high enough to be on my shoulders

I find this to be the best way to improve my deadlift
I have no plans on competing in weightlifting, so working on technique to get a few extra kilos when I can just add the kilos and do shrugs instead seems pointless

I find this to be the best way to improve my deadlift
I have no plans on competing in weightlifting, so working on technique to get a few extra kilos when I can just add the kilos and do shrugs instead seems pointless

That's fair enough..
Old mate who wanted to improve his keen probably would have no use with that approach but

Lets cut the crap here.

Nothing wrong with training on 60kg for certain lifters.

As you say, If the Max is 80, then TBH 60-70 is probably the number to work with for triples ...'.

60% weight good enough for technique and even training impact.

Bulgarian loading secrets for strength

By Christian Thibaudeau

'On "lighter" days they will do technique work with a relatively light load (60-70%). They will not have a precise number of sets to do. They do 3 different exercises, allocating 15-20 minutes per exercise and they do however many sets they feel comfortable doing that day'.

Bulgarian loading secrets for strength

Trent is a 200kg deadlifter with short arms so he can likely power clean a little more than 80kg
I'm just saying, 60kg is an incredibly light weight and I would openly mock a female that was unable to achieve this feat after a few years of training

Just deadlifted an easy 230. Missed 240 at the knee. Wtf. Highest max miss I ever had..thought I 100% had it lol

Tim.

Looked great. More in that tank.

Going to put it back into the program later on I think for something different.

Any reason for the running shoes? :p

Umm its either the runners, ugg boots, work boots, or good shoes...not a great selection lol..

might have a crack at 110 on tuesday