• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
ld like to see edgar vs aldo... just to see frankie get fucked up trying to pitter pat his way to a W as per usual.

lol yeah, Aldo vs Urijah all over again. Gonna be Frankie's legs getting destroyed for 5 rounds.... those pitter patter kicks piss me off, so put him up against Aldos kicks. Pretty sure Aldo will destroy anyone though...

Upcoming Event - UFC 151 - Jones vs Henderson
Main event: Jon Jones vs Dan Henderson
Jake Ellenberger vs Jay Hieron
Dennis Siver vs Eddie Yagin
Thiago Tavares vs Dennis Hallman
Danny Castillo vs Michael Johnson...

Apologies, l had the wrong fight in the main card...

If I recall, and I do, CHAEL SONNEN CHALLENGED ANDERSEN SILVA THAT THE LOSER OF THEIR TITLE FIGHT (IF HE/CHAEL GOT ONE) WOULD LEAVE THE UFC. YOU LOST CHAEL, PISS OFF BACK TO STRIKEFORCE FOR A WHILE LIKE YOU AGREED YOU WOULD DO.

Now Chael Sonnen is calling out Jon Jones with similair personal attacks. To quote Jon Jones
"Dude, you’re not worth my time,” said Jones. “Earn a title shot instead of trying to talk your way into one and I’ll be glad to hurt you.”

What is Dana/UFC thinking allowing Sonnen this bottom of the barrel scraping.

If I recall, and I do, CHAEL SONNEN CHALLENGED ANDERSEN SILVA THAT THE LOSER OF THEIR TITLE FIGHT (IF HE/CHAEL GOT ONE) WOULD LEAVE THE UFC. YOU LOST CHAEL, PISS OFF BACK TO STRIKEFORCE FOR A WHILE LIKE YOU AGREED YOU WOULD DO.

Now Chael Sonnen is calling out Jon Jones with similair personal attacks. To quote Jon Jones
"Dude, you’re not worth my time,” said Jones. “Earn a title shot instead of trying to talk your way into one and I’ll be glad to hurt you.”

What is Dana/UFC thinking allowing Sonnen this bottom of the barrel scraping.

Yeah Sonnen did say that he would leave the UFC forever if he lost, but really, Sonnen is a great talker and showman and he has the skills to back it up, unfortunately a simple mistake cost him dearly in the rematch with Silva, for the first round of the rematch Sonnen took down Silva and resumed the beating he was dishing out in the first match.

Sonnen has really been the only one to push Silva, but i dont know about Sonnen v Jones, would be interesting to see how Sonnen would handle moving up a weight class, can't recall if he has fought before at that weight?

Cheers Neddy. I thinks Anderson may have really been injured in that first fight but Sonnen did put an arse wippin on Silva. This Jones v Hendo fight will tell alot of tales about a Jones v Sonnen bout. Won't stop Sonnen seeking the big bucks by talking trash though.

Are you the real Neddy Smith? Hows long bay?

Sonnen is fighting Forrest now. He's moving up to LHW. Should be the new years card.

This i think will actually be an interesting fight, and usually i would think Sonnen would dominate but considering it is a step up in weight could change things a little.

@Stu - yeah not bad, being treating reasonably well and get web access occassionally:D:D

Maybe i am missing something but for some reason it seems the UFC is on the decline....

For me i dont understand why they have some fight cards that appear so poor, i mean they have 8 weight divisions, so that mean IF they hold a UFC PPV event once a month each weight class can have at least 1 title fight per year with some 2, then you have all the other fights on the main card and reserve the undercards and Fuel TV events for the lesser fights.

If seems to me they have spread their wings too wide and are now trying to make the fuel events big earning events where they should be used for lesser known fighters to climb the ladder and become contenders and save the PPV events for the bigger names. This way IF there are injuries or a fighter pulls out from a card for whatever reason you have enough depth to be able to cover them and still have a big earning and decent fight card.

discuss?

Maybe i am missing something but for some reason it seems the UFC is on the decline....

For me i dont understand why they have some fight cards that appear so poor, i mean they have 8 weight divisions, so that mean IF they hold a UFC PPV event once a month each weight class can have at least 1 title fight per year with some 2, then you have all the other fights on the main card and reserve the undercards and Fuel TV events for the lesser fights.

If seems to me they have spread their wings too wide and are now trying to make the fuel events big earning events where they should be used for lesser known fighters to climb the ladder and become contenders and save the PPV events for the bigger names. This way IF there are injuries or a fighter pulls out from a card for whatever reason you have enough depth to be able to cover them and still have a big earning and decent fight card.

discuss?

l think if there were no injuries then it wouldn't really seem that way. They have been putting together some solid cards except for the fuel cards (ill get to that in a second) but with so many event put on in a short amount of time they generally only have 1-3 "big fights" with names with some drawing power so when 1 of the 6 top guys gets injured the whole card seems to fall to shit.

The fuel cards (not the FX cards) suck dick now because 1. they get hardly any viewers and the fighters get little exposure. l mean ask any casual fan who Chris Weidman is and they wont have a fucking clue even though he's more then likely the #1 contender and he fought on the fuel card. Also the fuel contract to televise the live fights isnt getting renewed so Dana being Dana is more then likely chucking on his lower paying guys / lower level guys just to give them some experience at the 'big time' without having to give them a massive chunk of PPV/gate sales.

....im sure l could ramble more but l dont really have a set direction to go in so ill just leave it there otherwise itll just be more paragraphs of sporadic information...

I don't think you're 'missing anything', but I don't agree with you. I agree wholeheartedly with Steve Barry, who writes for MMAConvert.com, when he said overnight:

"...as lame as it is that Jon Jones turned down a fight with a middleweight, it's really the UFC's fault for having to cancel UFC 151, not Jones or Jackson. They've simply spread the talent too thin across too many shows. UFC 151 was super weak under the main event. They've lost main events before at the last minute but at least had some promotable fights to carry on with. Would have been the same here if they weren't already spread so thin..."

Injuries are part of this sport. They *will* happen. The only thing the UFC needs to do is build their second tier card into a more manageable operation, for every PPV without exception.

I don't think you're 'missing anything', but I don't agree with you. I agree wholeheartedly with Steve Barry, who writes for MMAConvert.com, when he said overnight:

"...as lame as it is that Jon Jones turned down a fight with a middleweight, it's really the UFC's fault for having to cancel UFC 151, not Jones or Jackson. They've simply spread the talent too thin across too many shows. UFC 151 was super weak under the main event. They've lost main events before at the last minute but at least had some promotable fights to carry on with. Would have been the same here if they weren't already spread so thin..."

Injuries are part of this sport. They *will* happen. The only thing the UFC needs to do is build their second tier card into a more manageable operation, for every PPV without exception.

So i think you do agree with me, as this is basically what i was trying to say.....maybe i just didnt word it right!!!!!!!

Pretty much the UFC is running too many events and trying to make them all big events (like fuel and FX), I understand in a sport like this injuries are part of it and fights will be cancelled, BUT with 8 weight divisions there should be enough depth to be able to cover a PPV card in the event that 1 guy gets injured, understandably if a few get injured it makes it harder to cover but thats a different story.

And i dont blame Jones for not picking up that fight, as you need time to prepare for a new opponent not a few days, fair enough if it was 3 or 4 weeks, but a week or less come one, he would have been silly to accept the fight, although i think offering Cheal a title fight stepping up in weight class was a VERY BAD call on the UFC's part...

No, I don't agree on key points.

1. I don't think the UFC are running too many events. I just think they should run the ones they have, differently.
2. They should ALL be big events, wherever possible. That's how you grow a sport like this.

Instead of constantly and immediately demoting guys who have just lost a title shot, why can't they be like Chael and stick around in the top tier, fighting the up and comers? Just because I lost to Anderson Silva last week, for example, doesn't mean I'm suddenly finished? (Rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Vitor Belfort et al.) These guys should be on the next cards, within 3-4 months (given injury recovery time), fighting their way back and taking on Top 10 up and comer guys for serious contender fights. Seems like the UFC lets them go too quick, for mine. And it promotes the up and comers too often, without them having to go through these other top guys.

I do agree with you on Jon Jones' actions though : I think Dana will in time regret what he's been saying in this regard. Chael Sonnen has *nothing* to lose and everything to gain (almost at the end of his career, another major payday for him win or lose, another legend he's faced before he retires) while Jon had *everything* to lose and no gain after a win. It's his career - and he, not Dana, gets to call the shots on his own future.

This was the UFC's fault - not Dan's, not Jon's. If they want to protect their PPVs, they better get their under-card fights to a *much* higher level, and consistently.

People need to get real about Chael Sonnen too. He is a brilliant marketer, a great raconteur, and he wants another payday and yet *another* chance for his career. This is not some philanthropy he is following to the letter - Chael is a greedy son of a bitch and is doing everything he does for CHAEL. As is Jon. And Dan. And Dana too, by the way. There is not one of them who are actually fighting for anybody but themselves, through this whole thing!

Seems odd that jackson and jones wanted to turn down sonner but they're happy with belfort.... Both who are going to come in pretty under sized and belfort hasnt really done much / anything of note in the UFC......

Betting lines are
Jones - 900
Belfort + 790

Pretty sure they're the largest gap in odds in......i dont know how long....

Fuck I hate Jon Jones (just saying lol).

Apparently Anderson said he would had fought (at LHW), but was a few hours late. Would of loved to see Andy destroy someone again.

As for 152, fucking sucks that theres no BJ. and I'm more excited to see the flyweights final.

Also LOL at Jones calling Sonner a coward about a week ago and then he gets a chance to fight him and turns it down....

Jones is a wanker. Totally up himself now.

All this talk about him being the next best thing has gone to his head me thinks

Seems odd that jackson and jones wanted to turn down sonner but they're happy with belfort.... Both who are going to come in pretty under sized and belfort hasnt really done much / anything of note in the UFC......

You're missing it again - they refused Sonnen for a fight in 8 days time. They accepted Belfort for a fight on a completely different card, in a month's time on UFC 152.

The UFC have the same issue with this card (152) : take a look at this list and tell me who you promote to headliners if one of these guys gets injured between now and then?

Light Heavyweight Jon Jones (c) vs Vitor Belfort
Flyweight Joseph Benavidez vs Demetrious Johnson
Middleweight Michael Bisping vs Brian Stann
Lightweight TJ Grant vs Evan Dunham
Light Heavyweight Matt Hamill vs Vladimir Matyushenko
Featherweight Cub Swanson vs Charles Oliveira

Preliminary Card (FX)
Light Heavyweight Igor Pokrajac vs Vinny Magalhães
Featherweight Jimy Hettes vs Marcus Brimage
Welterweight Seth Baczynski vs Simeon Thoresen
Welterweight Sean Pierson vs Lance Benoist

Preliminary Card (Facebook)