• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What do you mean?
I can’t form the link here.

I agree with mick on his point there. Vegans get all high and mighty about not killing animals. Jump on a harvester and watch the rabbits and shit go through it while harvesting cereal crops. Do they think the tropical fruit they eat didn’t require some part of a rain forest chopped down to grow it at some point.

Vegans are still killing animals, just less of them. A human just existing is going to kill animals no matter how green they think they are.

I agree with mick on his point there. Vegans get all high and mighty about not killing animals. Jump on a harvester and watch the rabbits and shit go through it while harvesting cereal crops. Do they think the tropical fruit they eat didn’t require some part of a rain forest chopped down to grow it at some point.

Vegans are still killing animals, just less of them. A human just existing is going to kill animals no matter how green they think they are.

Ok I get it, indirect effects on wildlife by cultivating their habitat.

Ok I get it, indirect effects on wildlife by cultivating their habitat.

Nothing indirect about it.

Massive amounts of spraying poisons to kill what is considered pest species, these are billions if animals per acre of land farmed then there is the culling of pigs, kangaroos, deer, foxes, rabbits etc as they damage cash crops.

That's before you consider baby deer, rabbits, hares, mice, wallabies, wombats, snakes, frogs, lizards, countless rodents etc getting minced up by combined harvesters, millions of rodents, lizards etc killed buried alive, crushed and minced up alive while plowing fields.

The most cruelty free diet would realistically be a meat based diet, we can kill one single deer or cow that will feed a whole family for weeks, without contributing to the agonising and needless deaths of billions of animals just so vegans can feel good about eating kale.

And any of the above does not even include and consider slave and child labour employed to harvest these crops in other country and the displacement of native animals in those countries.

Nothing indirect about it.

Massive amounts of spraying poisons to kill what is considered pest species, these are billions if animals per acre of land farmed then there is the culling of pigs, kangaroos, deer, foxes, rabbits etc as they damage cash crops.

That's before you consider baby deer, rabbits, hares, mice, wallabies, wombats, snakes, frogs, lizards, countless rodents etc getting minced up by combined harvesters, millions of rodents, lizards etc killed buried alive, crushed and minced up alive while plowing fields.

The most cruelty free diet would realistically be a meat based diet, we can kill one single deer or cow that will feed a whole family for weeks, without contributing to the agonising and needless deaths of billions of animals just so vegans can feel good about eating kale.

And any of the above does not even include and consider slave and child labour employed to harvest these crops in other country and the displacement of native animals in those countries.

so the exact definition of indirect killing. Lol.

Also mick, any farm animal that a meat eater eats still requires feed that comes from farmed land and all that goes along with it.

You could kill a wild animal and eat that but with the current human population it’s not sustainable and that would wipe out wild stocks.

You are stretching to claim that eating vegan is worse for the environment, actually just plain wrong. The vegans are mistaken if they think their life doesn’t hurt animals but meat is a more environmentally resource hungry form of food.

Rather than trying to use incorrect logic on why eating meat is better for the environment why not just say you want to eat meat. Nothing wrong with that.

Before you argue with me about farming just remember that you strongly claimed chickens had a butthole and a vag and comparing it to the human female anatomy, think about it and then realize you may not understand the topic as good as you think you do.

so the exact definition of indirect killing. Lol.

Nothing indirect about spraying poisons, getting a gun and shooting animals and leaving them in the paddocks to rot.

Also mick, any farm animal that a meat eater eats still requires feed that comes from farmed land and all that goes along with it.

Grass fed beef? Free range animals?

You could kill a wild animal and eat that but with the current human population it’s not sustainable and that would wipe out wild stocks.

I never said it would be sustainable, however does not change the facts that vegans essentially kill the same amount of animals as omnivores, and many more than a person following a carnivore diet.

You are stretching to claim that eating vegan is worse for the environment, actually just plain wrong.

Definitely not wrong, think about how much resources it required to transport the food vegans demand daily around the world, compared to a person following a strict carnivore diet eating locally sourced grass fed free range meats.

The vegans are mistaken if they think their life doesn’t hurt animals but meat is a more environmentally resource hungry form of food.

How so? What is environmentally draining about locally sourced free range meats? Especially when compared to Avocados shipped from South America and rice shipped from China?

Rather than trying to use incorrect logic on why eating meat is better for the environment why not just say you want to eat meat. Nothing wrong with that.

Vegans would disagree with you on this one.

Before you argue with me about farming just remember that you strongly claimed chickens had a butthole and a vag and comparing it to the human female anatomy, think about it and then realize you may not understand the topic as good as you think you do.

My personal knowledge in chickens is completely irrelevant to the environmental damage caused by shipping vegan foods from all over the world. I could think chickens are plants, still has absolutely no bearing on the damage caused and environmental toll taken just by transporting these foods.

Nothing indirect about spraying poisons, getting a gun and shooting animals and leaving them in the paddocks to rot.

Grass fed beef? Free range animals?

I never said it would be sustainable, however does not change the facts that vegans essentially kill the same amount of animals as omnivores, and many more than a person following a carnivore diet.

Definitely not wrong, think about how much resources it required to transport the food vegans demand daily around the world, compared to a person following a strict carnivore diet eating locally sourced grass fed free range meats.

How so? What is environmentally draining about locally sourced free range meats? Especially when compared to Avocados shipped from South America and rice shipped from China?

Vegans would disagree with you on this one.

My personal knowledge in chickens is completely irrelevant to the environmental damage caused by shipping vegan foods from all over the world. I could think chickens are plants, still has absolutely no bearing on the damage caused and environmental toll taken just by transporting these foods.

yes vegans kill animals indirectly. A farmer applying sprays and shooting Roos is an indirect way vegans contribute to killing animals. If you can’t understand that please look up the definition of indirect.

Grass fed beef requires farming. How do you think farmers supply enough grass to the animals?

Vegans do kill less animals. Your argument is incorrect.

Mick you don’t understand farming of plant foods or animal products. Meat requires much more inputs than plant based foods for both equivalent energy and protein amounts produced. For one, putting food through animals to create meat is less efficient(100 calories of feed fed to a cow produces roughly 3 calories of beef). You lose energy. And you are worried about transportation of plant food for vegans . What do you think happens with feed given to animals to grow meat.

If you want to eat meat, just say you want meat. Your reasoning is totally incorrect, the energy and environment requirement for meat vs plant foods has been calculated and it’s not working out the way you are claiming. It’s not really up for debate. The figures and science are there.

Mick your knowledge on the topic is important because you don’t understand even the minimum basics of farming to from a correct opinion on this topic. As shown by your recent claims here.

In Australia, farming cattle or sheep on native lands is far better than destroying the habitat to grow crops

"How many animals are killed" is a stupid argument. How many insects are killed by pesticides? It's a dumb thing to pontificate about

I think vegans are just against the slaughter.

On a separate note, I was looking for shoes to go with a new suit and you’re not gonna believe this shit, now there are vegan friendly shoes!
WTF, them kunce are just way too fuken weird.

In Australia, farming cattle or sheep on native lands is far better than destroying the habitat to grow crops

"How many animals are killed" is a stupid argument. How many insects are killed by pesticides? It's a dumb thing to pontificate about

If you have ever spoken to a vegan then you will know as many follow the diet for ethical reasons as they believe their diet is better for the environment and causes less harm to animals.

All I am saying is that they are incorrect.

I think vegans are just against the slaughter.

Not quite, a 'proper' vegan is against any use/exploitation/killing/cause suffering (in their eyes) of animals.

This extends to bees being exploited for honey, even riding horses or using sled dogs is offensive and wrong to them.

They call it un necessary suffering of animals, they won't even use wool as it exploits the sheep (sheep are not killed when their wool is removed), but cotton which kills millions of animals and devastates millions of acres of land is fine....go figure, it's called vegan logic.

yes vegans kill animals indirectly. A farmer applying sprays and shooting Roos is an indirect way vegans contribute to killing animals. If you can’t understand that please look up the definition of indirect.

LMAO, you serious?? So because I don't slaughter my own cow I also kill indirectly??

Grass fed beef requires farming. How do you think farmers supply enough grass to the animals?

It's called pasture, it grows. None of the farmers I know feed their cows other than having them roam on pasture, unless they get put on a feedlot prior to slaughter, but that defeats the purpose of grass fed free range meats.

Vegans do kill less animals. Your argument is incorrect.

Kill less animals than who?

LMAO, you serious?? So because I don't slaughter my own cow I also kill indirectly??

It's called pasture, it grows. None of the farmers I know feed their cows other than having them roam on pasture, unless they get put on a feedlot prior to slaughter, but that defeats the purpose of grass fed free range meats.

Kill less animals than who?

Mick you simply just don’t know what you are talking about when it comes to farming. Example. “It’s called pasture, it grows”. You don’t know the first thing when it comes to farming. Most farm animals are not fed on native grasses. They are very poor yielding and low quality. It’s actually hard to know where to start the explanation to someone with this little knowledge. I thought you lived in a rural area? All my townie mates even understand these basics. A dairy cow will eat 170kg of fresh grass a day beef a bit less. A medium size herd of 500 beef cattle is is going to need like 40-60 tons of fresh grass a day and you think requiring all that feed does zero damage to the environment. We haven’t even mentioned the methane gas emissions yet.

Like I said meat has more impact on the environment and it’s not hard to show the figures. Don’t make up fake science on a topic you don’t understand to justify it. Eat it for other actual reasons you have.

Veganism is not a diet, it’s a way of life, a stupid one nonetheless.

Precisely

and a vegan diet is the foundation

imo anything where you place restrictions is a diet, and foolish.
we used to eat things that tasted good (too us)

a friend of mine buys jam that uses pear juice because he believes sugar is worse.
i tell you- we’ve lost our minds.

Last edited: