• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Mick you simply just don’t know what you are talking about when it comes to farming. Example. “It’s called pasture, it grows”. You don’t know the first thing when it comes to farming. Most farm animals are not fed on native grasses. They are very poor yielding and low quality. It’s actually hard to know where to start the explanation to someone with this little knowledge. I thought you lived in a rural area? All my townie mates even understand these basics. A dairy cow will eat 170kg of fresh grass a day beef a bit less. A medium size herd of 500 beef cattle is is going to need like 40-60 tons of fresh grass a day and you think requiring all that feed does zero damage to the environment. We haven’t even mentioned the methane gas emissions yet.

Like I said meat has more impact on the environment and it’s not hard to show the figures. Don’t make up fake science on a topic you don’t understand to justify it. Eat it for other actual reasons you have.

Seriously I worry about you.

Ever heard of rotational grazing? I do live in a rural area have done so for 7 years. I live and work on properties, so I have a fair idea, the difference is that I educate myself and you don't, running animals on land especially grass lands actually improves the pasture if done ethically and correctly. I have seen thousands of beef cattle grown and none were fed, they all foraged on natural pasture, with some getting a stay at a feed lot before slaughter.

Running large herbivores, improves pasture (grasslands) and is a renewable resource if done correctly, unlike the oil/petrol/fuel used to transport vegan foods around the world. These foods also destroy natural environments such as rain forests and natural grass lands, whilst running free range beef cattle improves natural environments.

I hope you are joking about the methane gas emissions, you really can not be that dumb.

imo anything where you place restrictions is a diet, and foolish.

A diet is simply what you eat, no matter if it consists of ice cream and take away, vegan foods or carnivore foods. has nothing to do with restrictions.

we used to eat things that tasted good (too us)

This is what got us into the obesity crisis in the first place.

a friend of mine buys jam that uses pear juice because he believes sugar is worse.
i tell you- we’ve lost our minds.

He does realise that pear juice is just sugar?

A diet is simply what you eat, no matter if it consists of ice cream and take away, vegan foods or carnivore foods. has nothing to do with restrictions.

This is what got us into the obesity crisis in the first place.

He does realise that pear juice is just sugar?

1. No a diet is a special course of food to which a person restricts themselves, either to lose weight or for medical reasons.
2. No - over eating did
3. No but my point wasn’t that

1. No a diet is a special course of food to which a person restricts themselves, either to lose weight or for medical reasons.

Definition of diet : the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.

Every creature on earth has a natural diet, nothing to do with restrictions.

2. No - over eating did

Not really, overeating is only a minor part, biggest issue is the kinds of foods we eat and when we eat. The later have a greater influence on obesity than overeating.

If you eat natural, nutritionally appropriate foods, it's almost impossible to overeat as you will be full and satisfied without excess calories, while it is almost impossible not to overeat highly processed foods and take away foods.

Any animal (including humans) will generally keep their natural optimal weight without requiring restrictions if they eat their appropriate diet.

An estimated 20 to 30 million bison once dominated the North American landscape from the Appalachians to the Rockies, from the Gulf Coast to Alaska.

Now vegans claim that beef is causing damage to the planet. The further back in history, the more animals there were including (if you go back far enough) dinosaurs. A few hundred years ago you could go to Africa (if you were rich enough) and shoot as many elephants you wanted every day of the week as there were so many large animals around.

So, what's changed?

Chemical use. Over processed food. A high standard of living (for some). Over population. Stupid people have always been around, they just didn't have Twatter and Farcebook to spread their idiocy.

Eat beef.

This is a mental health issue

I have always considered veganism as a mental health issue, and it should be treated as such.

The lack of nutrition, such as cholesterol which is essential for brain development, lack of B12 and other essential vitamins and minerals greatly contribute to their lack of brain function.

I mean that there is an underlying mental health issue that veganism is a symptom of, similar to anorexia or bulimia.

Last edited:
I mean that there is an underlying mental health issue that veganism is a symptom of, similar to anorexia or bulimia.

It goes both ways.

Look what happens to long term vegans, their brain fades away, brain fog, inability to concentrate, inability to reason, many struggle to string a sentence together, lack of B12 causes cognitive problems and brain shrinkage mostly due to lack of nutrition. There may be an underlaying thing that get people started, but once caught in the trap the issue is exasperated by their diet.

There is a study out there back from 2011 I believe where they scanned the brain size of omnivore/meat eater humans, and vegans. The study showed that the smallest omnivore brain out of all persons was bigger than the biggest vegan brain out of the whole study, which would be scary if you are vegan.

Most vegans show he mental and physical health effects of shrunken brain, skeletal deformation and organ degeneration, grey skin, sunken eyes, poor posture, thin hair, bad complexion, sunken eyes etc a long term vegan usually has a similar physical appearance and cognitive functioning to a long term meth addict.

Last edited:
Seriously I worry about you.

Ever heard of rotational grazing? I do live in a rural area have done so for 7 years. I live and work on properties, so I have a fair idea, the difference is that I educate myself and you don't, running animals on land especially grass lands actually improves the pasture if done ethically and correctly. I have seen thousands of beef cattle grown and none were fed, they all foraged on natural pasture, with some getting a stay at a feed lot before slaughter.

Running large herbivores, improves pasture (grasslands) and is a renewable resource if done correctly, unlike the oil/petrol/fuel used to transport vegan foods around the world. These foods also destroy natural environments such as rain forests and natural grass lands, whilst running free range beef cattle improves natural environments.

I hope you are joking about the methane gas emissions, you really can not be that dumb.

Mick you do realize you just said it’s called pasture it just grows and now you mention rotational grazing, an intensive form of grazing pasture. You are contradicting yourself. “You educate yourself” lol. You do realize you are talking to someone who has grown pasture for cows for well over a decade as their job and lived it my whole life yet you look over a fence as you drive past and you claim you are the expert on this topic.haha. How many cattle have you grazed in your life?

If you want to talk grazing go ahead fill us in with your educated knowledge.
what are the number of days for the rotation of your neighbors in summer vs winter
what grass species are they using.
What stage are they grazing the grasses.
What stage are they grazing them down to?
are they incorporating legumes into the pastures or other species.
what fertilizer schedule do they have
how many tons / ha are they growing per year.
what’s their water use efficiency
What growth rates are they getting with the beefies
what are the energy and protein levels of the pasture.
What’s their stocking rate.

that will do for the moment.

Now the other part I will deal with later. You have got too much wrong to deal with it in one post.