• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is the most common mistake you see people do while working out?

ego causes most of the problems I see in the gym, everyone wants to be a weightlifter and lift as much weight as possible!
makes me cringe.

ego causes most of the problems I see in the gym, everyone wants to be a weightlifter and lift as much weight as possible!
makes me cringe.

Never ceases to amaze me, watching the young fellas in the gym, either working with their equally small mates, or with one of their protein drinking skinny jean mates, attempting to lift weights and do movements that they have no clue about. And if you approach them about it it's always, i'm following X or Y plan (normally something by Jay Cutler or Ronnie, or something they found on BB.com) or they attempt to tell you they know everything about what their doing. Usually the same guys who take every supplement under the sun thinking its the magic key to gains....

Case in point, a young fella attempting to dead lift 100kg last night, should have been trying 60kg max, as he was pulling from the floor he was shaking and wobbling so much I thought he was having a fit. Suggested he focus on working a lighter weight to focus on form and reduce the risk of snapping back, got promptly told to fuck off, the Jay Cutler program i'm following told me to do it like this.....uh huh.

The guys who spend more time chatting up the young ladies and trying to impress them with their huge guns only to be put in their place when said young lady smashes more weights than they can.

Never ceases to amaze me, watching the young fellas in the gym, either working with their equally small mates, or with one of their protein drinking skinny jean mates, attempting to lift weights and do movements that they have no clue about. And if you approach them about it it's always, i'm following X or Y plan (normally something by Jay Cutler or Ronnie, or something they found on BB.com) or they attempt to tell you they know everything about what their doing. Usually the same guys who take every supplement under the sun thinking its the magic key to gains....

Case in point, a young fella attempting to dead lift 100kg last night, should have been trying 60kg max, as he was pulling from the floor he was shaking and wobbling so much I thought he was having a fit. Suggested he focus on working a lighter weight to focus on form and reduce the risk of snapping back, got promptly told to fuck off, the Jay Cutler program i'm following told me to do it like this.....uh huh.

The guys who spend more time chatting up the young ladies and trying to impress them with their huge guns only to be put in their place when said young lady smashes more weights than they can.

yeah I've tried offering advice but it falls on deaf ears, I choose to sit and watch the circus nowadays :)

I never offer advice. They either don't want to listen or maybe I come across as a know it all. I people watch a lot between sets but couldn't give a toss about how much some other guy is lifting or if they're lifting more than me. I'm only there to train one person.

^ this
I see guys trying a dozen different curls and other exercise and 'pinpointing' certain muscles...the ones I'm talking about are rake thin and should be smashing compound lifts without overthinking everything...

Bloody oath, that's why they're common. I can honestly say though, I'm bloody glad I found this forums beginner advice and started off better than some..

haha yes I have indeed had my fare share of accidents in the gym. I never knock back advice however I believe there is always room for improvement

Most common mistake - that they bother to train at all given that 99% of them won't be doing anything in five years from now and 90% probably don't have the ticker to stick to it for even a year.

Yeah well there are idiots in this world and there are ignorant people which is 99% of the worlds population we all start off ignorant but through our mistakes we learn and become less ignorant.

The ones that don't learn are the idiots, like pissing on an electric fence, over and over.

I'd say the thing I failed to learn was to not train through an injury...I know now that there is no destination in my training, just a continuous journey.

How do you figure that? After 10 years of use im pretty sure i know they do and dont do. I train harder than ever now

Im talking about thinking drugs > training diet

How do you figure that? After 10 years of use im pretty sure i know they do and dont do. I train harder than ever now

Im talking about thinking drugs > training diet

You said you don't train without drugs so I guess you think they are magic beans. Anyhow whatever.

Well they are in a way...just not to the extent some think.

The holier than though attitude on this forum really fucking bores me