• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is the most common mistake you see people do while working out?

Oly fuken, not only fuken.
diz far-ken-poo-fta-bar-stets-kunce of auto correct.
I spik inglish gud, fuken.

Yeah I seen 1.25's in Oly's.
Pretty sure you can get micro plates in Oly sizing too, you'd have to for some comps. But I'm of the frame of mind that if you're not fatigued with a certain weight, adding 1kg total isn't going to do squat unless you're pushing a 1RM

yeah we have 1.25 plates for oly bars at out gym and at FF they have em as well, well they did when used to train there so assume most of them would.

There's 3 young blokes at gym and they do fullbody workouts everyday.

It's usually arms x 7 days a week and one of them supersets pushdowns with seated rows.

A usual workout will be

5 x sets of barbell curls
talk for 10 minutes
5 x sets of tricep pushdowns
1 x set of cable curls
2 x sets of seated rows

Yeah but legs are magical and if you work them at all, they will grow far quicker then any other muscle in the body make you look out of proportion.....

Like the lads who say they don't want to work legs cause they can't fit into their skinny jeans without ripping them.

I mean, fuck, My pride and ego take a huge boost when i split the fuck outta clothes during a leg workout

Like the lads who say they don't want to work legs cause they can't fit into their skinny jeans without ripping them.

I mean, fuck, My pride and ego take a huge boost when i split the fuck outta clothes during a leg workout

I had some reasonably skinny jeans that are nowhere near fitting me now :-(
They don't even get over my calves, let alone my thighs. I'm disappointed because they are quite good looking jeans and the most expensive pair I've ever bought.

I had some reasonably skinny jeans that are nowhere near fitting me now :-(
They don't even get over my calves, let alone my thighs. I'm disappointed because they are quite good looking jeans and the most expensive pair I've ever bought.

I feel you bro, split my jeans on Sunday :mad:. $300 pair of Roberto Cavali's, kunce spilit under the right arse cheek when I knelt down to do mys shoe laces, not fukken happy.
Lesson learned, no more laced shoes. ;)

On a separate note, I've gotta let this one out. THERE IS NO FUCKING MEDALS HERE FOR DOING SQUATS INSTEAD OF CURLS!!!!!!!!!.
If the kids want to curl and build up biceps, good on them, better that pulling bongs and paying xbox all fucking day.
Get the feeling kunce here are saying "squats" cos they think its expected of them and if you don't say "squats" your off the list. :confused:
Its just another (and very good, I add) exercise, NOT A FUCKING MAGIC POTION OR OBLIGATION.

PHEW....feel better now.

but but but someone once told me that if you can't fix it with fish oil or squats your gonna die....

i don't wanna die lol

I feel you bro, split my jeans on Sunday :mad:. $300 pair of Roberto Cavali's, kunce spilit under the right arse cheek when I knelt down to do mys shoe laces, not fukken happy.
Lesson learned, no more laced shoes. ;)

On a separate note, I've gotta let this one out. THERE IS NO FUCKING MEDALS HERE FOR DOING SQUATS INSTEAD OF CURLS!!!!!!!!!.
If the kids want to curl and build up biceps, good on them, better that pulling bongs and paying xbox all fucking day.
Get the feeling kunce here are saying "squats" cos they think its expected of them and if you don't say "squats" your off the list. :confused:
Its just another (and very good, I add) exercise, NOT A FUCKING MAGIC POTION.

PHEW....feel better now.

The non-fitting jeans are a nice pair of raw selvedge Edwins..
In the last month I've torn a pair of Levi jeans in the crotch and a pair of boardshorts across the upper quad.. Lucky the board shorts had the built in mesh jocks.
When I bought these clothes I wasn't doing so much squatting, though I've always had solid legs.

Regarding the second part of your post. WHO GIVES A SHIT IF PEOPLE DO CURLS AND NO SQUATS???? As you've said, it's better than them doing nothing. They're working towards their own goals, it's just that their goals are (probably) purely for vanity and they often look funny because they're out of proportion.
I have no reason to be angry at them, I don't feel like I need to tell them they look silly and might be better off doing some core and lower body work too.

I reckon a lot of lifters believe that these curl bros are not real lifters, but the general public (and admiring girlies) think they are. This can understandably cause some consternation.

Get used to seeong guys with skinny legs, there are thousdands of them, and they will always look funnny, in fact as long as you train in a commercial gym, you'll never stop seeing them.
Cos when they are in da club, only their guns matter, but the time the girls see their legs, that coffin's been nailed and they are onto the next one.
Its nessesity, in their game, guns are the necessity, wheels are the nice to have, its their game and its how they play it.
They dont bother getting excited about kunce thinking squats and deadlifts will be good enough to grow biceps, they don't give a fuck, and focus on their own thing.