• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

1 month cut.

Just re calculated my maintenance cals to be 2600... Might have to kick it up a gear...

No cardio for me Jim, just eat less.

Thought it seemed a bit high, we're a similar weight. What did you use to calculate your maintenance cals?

Mate, you've got some decent lats on you.

Back double bis will look pretty decent once you shred up. I'm looking to get diced next summer, fuck doing it at this time of year (i.e. if you are doing it for summer, I aim to be lean by early december - if you start in january, you end up getting lean just as summer ends. Not to mention the distraction of new years...)

fyi, i weigh in at about 90kg and am 186cm tall and my maintenance is around 2000cal. i'm pretty sedentary because I work a desk job but i lift 4-5 times a week and i squeeze in a decent 3hr bike ride (~2000cals worth) most saturdays and sundays.

dunno how you guys get away with such high maintenance levels, i'm jealous.

Thought it seemed a bit high, we're a similar weight. What did you use to calculate your maintenance cals?

to be honest 2600 is probably a bit low, I normally eat over 3000 a day and stay 81-82kg. I used some random calorie calculator at work that doesn't account for LBM or every day work load.

Mate, you've got some decent lats on you.

Back double bis will look pretty decent once you shred up. I'm looking to get diced next summer, fuck doing it at this time of year (i.e. if you are doing it for summer, I aim to be lean by early december - if you start in january, you end up getting lean just as summer ends. Not to mention the distraction of new years...)

Cheers, the only reason I am cutting now is I don't wanna start from a big waistline. And It's only 1 month.

Just making sure I still have some discipline...

fyi, i weigh in at about 90kg and am 186cm tall and my maintenance is around 2000cal. i'm pretty sedentary because I work a desk job but i lift 4-5 times a week and i squeeze in a decent 3hr bike ride (~2000cals worth) most saturdays and sundays.

dunno how you guys get away with such high maintenance levels, i'm jealous.

I am pretty hungry most days. I would keel over at 2000Cal every day. :confused:

Week 2
20130107_184705.jpg
2013+-+1

Weight 80kg

Cals = 1916

Carbs = 164g Fat = 50g Protein = 216

Day 9

Weight = 79kg

Gassed out at the gym this morning, bout 1/2 hour into my session I ran out of go...

upped my cals today because I think I need a little top up..

Cals = 2508

Carbs = 256g Fat = 103g Protein = 156g

Day 10

Weight = 79kg

Cals = 2044

Carbs = 200g Fat = 62g Protein = 193g

Last edited:
Do you put in 20min of HIIT at the end of your program whilst your cutting?

It might help :)

But your right most of it comes down to diet.

Do you put in 20min of HIIT at the end of your program whilst your cutting?

It might help :)

But your right most of it comes down to diet.

My training is pretty high intensity as it is, I have like 20 sec rest between most sets. Feel like chucking most days after half an hour.

More fats to blunt the hunger? Might take a few days?

Some days are better than others, I find protein keeps the pangs away for the most part. it's just the end of the day when I struggle not to feast....

oh how I want to feast.

... ABC Party tomorrow night, so I'm going to have the day off counting cals. probably gonna hit 3500+ easily.

But, girls, just wanna have fu-un.

Wow that looks like alot of carbs bro for a cut from 85kg!
Iv found I need to keep my carbs around 100g per day in begining and end up basically in ketosis to cut. Starting at 2200cals @ 105kg and end up around 1500cals to loose fat in the end @ 95kg.
I guess everyone is different tho.
All the best tho ill b interested to c ur results.

Iv found I need to keep my carbs around 100g per day in begining and end up basically in ketosis to cut. Starting at 2200cals @ 105kg and end up around 1500cals to loose fat in the end @ 95kg.

Not really. I've never had to drop my carbs below about 400 per day on a cut.

That's very low calories for someone around 100kg.

My training is pretty high intensity as it is, I have like 20 sec rest between most sets. Feel like chucking most days after half an hour.

Some days are better than others, I find protein keeps the pangs away for the most part. it's just the end of the day when I struggle not to feast....

oh how I want to feast.

... ABC Party tomorrow night, so I'm going to have the day off counting cals. probably gonna hit 3500+ easily.

But, girls, just wanna have fu-un.

If your hungry at the end of the day push more of your calories to the last meal of the day. I have the same problem, no issues with hunger during the day but If I don't save enough calories for the last meal I struggle with wanting eat everything in the house.

Not really. I've never had to drop my carbs below about 400 per day on a cut.

That's very low calories for someone around 100kg.

Yer, and thats just to get from 15% bf to 10% bf, with test, tren, mast and clen ova 14 weeks my abs are only just showing. If i was to attempt that i would loose bugger all fat. Maybe my metabolisim must b shot!
A good friend of mine competes at an amature level overseas and takes out alot of the comps. He weighs in around 95-100 and hes eating fuk all in the weeks coming up to comps to loose fat baring in mind he goes in sub 5%, that just dont interest me but this year i ate bugger all to loose fat and in the end and still didnt reach my goal. It was so annoying, next year ill b eating less haha

Day 11

Gym this morning was shit again, thinking 2000 cal is a bit too low, needed a top up again.

Had a decent dinner tonight

95g of protein in dinner alone.

Cals = 2538

Carbs = 199g Fat = 80g protein = 268g

** at this stage if I drop 1kg a week I'm happy with that, so I'm aiming to finish the month at 77kg. Hopefully losing 1 or 2kg of actual fat.

hopefully tomorrows session will be a bit more energetic!

I have never tracked macros before, I just used to make myself hungry as often as possible when cutting. Worked well at the time.

If your hungry at the end of the day push more of your calories to the last meal of the day. I have the same problem, no issues with hunger during the day but If I don't save enough calories for the last meal I struggle with wanting eat everything in the house.

That is my basic plan, but by the time it gets to dinner time I usually have only 500-600 cals left, If i gym in the morning I have

• 30g dex and 30g WPC shake in milk
  • After training kanga bangas, sweet potato, eggs & cottage cheese after gym.
  • tuna with crackers for lunch
  • Double scoop WPC in milk straight after work
  • then 500cal dinner dinner

There's me gone for the day. sucks balls

Fuck 500 calories for dinner. That sucks.

If that was me on about 2500 calories I would use up 1000 calories during the day and save 1500 calories for dinner. Makes it much easier to stick to the diet if you like a get hungry late in the day.