• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Last edited:
My goals haven't changed from earlier.
10% BF.
300kg deadlift. By November.

My secondary goals would be not to hurt my shoulder, maybe bench 140....and squats can go fuck themselves lol

Not much direct progress, focusing on recomp for a little bit. Currently at
Sq 155/200(but get to add wraps)
Bench 112.5/140
Deadlift 230/250

Bench will be the hardest one

Not going too bad but we're nearly 1/4 thru the year already

Goals were:
Lean 75kg - currently around 73kg
120x3 bench - did 107.5x3 pretty easy the other day, try 110 next week.
100x3 front squat - Haven't squatted fark all so that's got to change
Run 5km - can do 3 relatively easy so tracking pretty well there

Need an extension on timeframe on the deadlift one, been working on other goals since i have a holiday coming up. Will work on it once im back.

My goal was to be at 75kg and 10% body fat. Started around 72kg. Now up to 76kg and hovering around 13%.

By end of 2015
220 squat without wraps
180 touch and go bench press
130 power clean
bodyweight whatever it takes.

well I did front squats with 180 the other day and seems to have broken me a bit. A little back off and I think the no wraps 220 squat is on target. Benched 165 tng the other day and not really concentrating on bench the first half of this year so 180 is possible. Power cleans steady as she goes, but they are going to suffer if I deadlift

My goals:

Sub 20% bf @ 85kg BW
Squat 140kg 1.R.M
Deadlift 200kg 1.R.M
Bench 120kg 1.R.M
Military Press 85kg 1.R.M.

I believe I am sub 20% bf already as I have been on a consistent 500kcal daily deficit for the past 2.5 weeks. Now this has affected my strength a bit, which is probably more psychological than anything else.

Still, I am on track to get to squat, bench, and military press goals by the end of the year.
Deadlift is iffy cause it's my Achilles heel, I get to a certain point and then it drops off. much to my chagrin.

Crikey its March already.. it feels like I wasted 2 months (not really but why is it all a blur lol)

Tracking along ok, current lifts are squat 150kg, bench 120kg and deadlift 180kg.
havent got a signed photo of captain risky yet, sent an email to budget direct to see if he is doing a national tour but they said not at this stage.
BF probably around 18-20%. Not to worried about this at the moment, will really concentrate on this 2nd half of the year.

Nice work peeps. Bench added [MENTION=9039]D1cko[/MENTION];

Whats the new timeframe on the deadlift [MENTION=9159]wingman[/MENTION]; ?

Mine are on track. Squat & Bench are on the improve. Pulled 185 last week. 15kg to go :)

goals are silly. im going to listen to my body, and see where it takes me.

injury free!
Haha wtf?! Because setting goals never helped anyone achieve anything.

Alright kunce, EOY Goals:
Bench 120kg
DL 230kg
BW OHP

Rehab achilles to the point where I can squat comfortably at a reasonable weight. Say 100kg x 10

Do a muscle up, a planche and a human flag.

Sandin Face:
Bench 120k (plus the bar) x 1 TF - End of May
Deadlift >100k for reps regularly, without hurting my back - TF Next 4 months
Squat >= 120kg x 5 reps, multiple sets, as an unexeptional part of leg workout - TF: Middle of year.
Lose fat tummy

Bench - looked like I was going backwards for a while. My best lift was in mid-December - 113.5kg+bar.
This Feb, I failed one time at 114kg, and another time at 112, but I managed 110kg (best so far for this year) last Friday, after two not-so-hard reps at 105, so I might be on a comeback.
edit 13 Mar: managed 112k on Tues 10th, after two reps of 107k.

Deadlift - I haven't done any - however, the lower back is handling squats much better than it was before - I think I'll re-start with very light deadlifts after about three weeks.

Squat - managed one set of 3x120kg last Friday, but could only get 1 on the next set. I can do sets of 5x112kg without a problem.

Tummy - comes and goes. I think the only way to flatten it permanently is to give up the grog, and I'm not sure I want to do that ...

Last edited:
My end goal is to just take a photo that looks decent but so far have dropped 4 kilos since the start of the year and just sticking to the beginner strength program outlined on AusBB here. Seems to suit a busy family man.

I'm finding most of the fat seems to be reducing around my upper body/chest but very slow around the waist. Started at 105.7kg and have been around 101 to 102kg. Even made it to 99.9kg after a long run so been awhile since I have seen those figures.

Suppose I still have 9 months left to reach my goal.