• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
So your bench is about half the current raw world record. Would you claim that someone running 18 seconds in the 100m sprint is pretty decent.

hold on,im not claiming im a world record bencher.im not even claiming my bench is that good.all ive said based on my observations of raw Natty benchers of a similar size to me is they dont shoulder press that heavy.its very specific.

Last edited:
Not trying to bag you, just being realistic, I would be shithouse at powerlifting. Putting up a press isn't going to hurt you.

Not trying to bag you, just being realistic, I would be shithouse at powerlifting. Putting up a press isn't going to hurt you.

nah,dont see the point.and doing 1 rep maxes may be harmful.if he said maybe who can do sets and reps then i would think about it.i prefer BTN anyway just havent been doing them as im working my way there.

Last edited:
Press behind neck is much better exercise to assist bench. It puts more emphasis on the medial lobe of the delt whereas front pressing will always hit the anterior delt more. You need medial delt development for shoulder stability (well until it grinds away the ac joint anyway). Sadly press behind the neck is a young mans lift.

I used to rely upon it and even put 140 up standing behind the neck with only a tiny shove from the legs to start it. Probably why my shoulders feel a bit rough now but conversely it's probably why I can still bench okay after 30 years of benching 1.7 to 2.1 times bodyweight.

nah,dont see the point.and doing 1 rep maxes may be harmful.if he said maybe who can do sets and reps then i would think about it.

You don't see the point of 1 RM and compete in powerlifting. Lol.

Crossing the road may also be harmful but I'm assuming you do that regularly leading up to PL comp.

Press behind neck is much better exercise to assist bench. It puts more emphasis on the medial lobe of the delt whereas front pressing will always hit the anterior delt more. You need medial delt development for shoulder stability (well until it grinds away the ac joint anyway). Sadly press behind the neck is a young mans lift.

I used to rely upon it and even put 140 up standing behind the neck with only a tiny shove from the legs to start it. Probably why my shoulders feel a bit rough now but conversely it's probably why I can still bench okay after 30 years of benching 1.7 to 2.1 times bodyweight.

Love BTN press. If anything it's helped my shoulder health.

You don't see the point of 1 RM and compete in powerlifting. Lol.

Crossing the road may also be harmful but I'm assuming you do that regularly leading up to PL comp.

yeah i believe the risk vs reward of doing this particular comp is not worth it to me.so wat.i squat way more than u.sue me.