• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The way things are going I could finish this 12 weeks at exactly the same weight I started. The plan was always to add weight for 6 weeks which I did and then try to drop some back. My main focus during my training has been on strength which is coming along very nicely albeit starting to slow down now I have reduced the calories. I dont really care too much how I finish up but so far it has been a very interesting to see the bodyweight and look change over the period. 2 weeks to go time to hit the turbo button!!

I jumped on the scaled today, i am 135.6. Not much of an improvement at all but i am motivated to train more. Especially now it's starting to cool down

Weight yesterday 83.1kg, today weight was 82.9kg. Started this at 84.3, so after gaining a bit of weight it is finally back under where I started. 1 week to go then I am off on hols, so I will take pics before i go as I am bound to bloat up like a muva on holiday.! How's everyone else doing.!!

Started at 88.8kg current weight 82.4kg but earlier in the week I was as low as 81.1kg, aiming to get under 80kg before the month is out

Sitting on 99.3 pretty consistently. Lowest recorded weight is 98.1kg. I expected to gain around 1kg after being crook and i have. Dat der creatine will do that.
States at like 104 or something.
I'll be down to like 94 or so in the next couple months. But will gain a little bit again heading into June comp.

Tim.

Yer photo's tonight for me, as I am off to Bali on Sunday morning. If I get time I will try and load them up on Saturday, if not I will have to do it in two weeks when I get back. I'll date the pic so you know I haven't squeezed in 2 weeks of Bali gainz !!!

Final weigh in 80.6kg so 8.2kg lost

591b2a989283294d8ea7c14d2e0ee032.jpg

Please excuse my ugly feet

Started this 12 weeks ago weighing 84.3kg, the plan for the 12 weeks was never to really cut weight too much as the focus was mostly on strength. The first 6 weeks I focused on weight gain and ate A LOT, the weight went up steadily to 86.7kg. Then with 6 weeks to go and with my work pants getting too tight round the waist and the butt it was time to cut the weight a bit. I cut out a lot of carbs from my diet for the last 6 weeks and steadily list weight to finish on 83.5kg.

So here is the good the bad and the ugly:

The good: I was happy with my consistency in terms of training and diet, I only get in the gym 2 times a week but didn’t miss a session over this 12 weeks and I kept the food clean and hit my protein numbers every day. My strength went up over the period and I hit deadlift and bench PR’s.

The bad: I didn’t do anywhere near enough cardio and conditioning sessions, especially over the last 6 weeks. For someone who used to run 5 to 6 days a week, I just found it really hard to do the cardio work. This meant I didn’t lose weight over the last 6 weeks like I wanted too.

The ugly: For that just go to the pics thread and see for yourself

One thing I have learned over this time and monitoring my training and weight is that at my age (42) adding weight through eating seems to be a lot easier than losing it again. This was never the case for me when I was younger and in fact it was probably the other way round, I lost weight easy and it was hard to put it on. Off on 2 weeks holiday now and then will do another 17 week cycle of focusing in adding some muscle and trying to keep the fat off.
Really enjoyed doing this and thanks to the other guys on here for getting stuck in and keeping me accountable.

Started out at 142.1 i think. I am now 135.0

Still recovering from the injury i had a month or two ago but i am training more these days despite working 7 days a week so horray?

Started out at 142.1 i think. I am now 135.0

Still recovering from the injury i had a month or two ago but i am training more these days despite working 7 days a week so horray?

7kg loss is awesome mate well done, if you can keep it up imagine what progress you will make by the end of the year

Yeah i know, i have to keep it up for my brothers wedding in October so i will be training with greater frequency and intensity